or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion - Page 129

post #1921 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/36393472

I like Button, and he's still quick and experienced, buy I wonder why any team would want him in a seat. Same goes for Massa and Kimi. It's time for a purge.

Massa is still keeping up with Bottas who is highly rated at the moment so makes sense to keep him on. One wonders why Bottas gets so much hype if he's unable to beat Massa consistently.
post #1922 of 2320
Great race.

1. Think starting under the safety car when it was raining that hard was a little obnoxious. Fortunately there was still plenty of drama during the race.

2. Congrats to Hamilton. Normally don't root for him but great to see him win under such circumstances. Also nice to see he has pulled closer to Rosberg. Maybe the championship will be interesting afterall.

3. Go Perez and Force India!!

4. Feel terrible for Ricciardo but great to see Red Bull humiliated. Particularly with how arrogant they can be.
post #1923 of 2320
Thread Starter 
Rosberg was poor. I don't know what to make of these "brake issues", but to lose ANOTHER place at the finish line was was weak.

Ricciardo has had 2 race wins pulled from under him.

What is going on at Sauber? Brundle is right, those are sackable offenses, but they are pay drivers so what can you do? But man, to ignore team orders and then the other guy get revenge by crashing his teammate? It's comically poor form.

Credit Perez.

Any someone explain how that douchebag Justin Bieber is on park ferme telling Lewis "congratulations dog, you crushed that shit"? Ugh. I didn't see anyone else giving Bieber ball drags. Maybe his special guest because they mouthed champagne from the head of the same bottle. Come on Lewis, Bieber?
post #1924 of 2320
Seeing the Red Bull fuck up was great. I can't stand that team.

Lewis staying on the full wets and then switching to the ultra softs for like 50 laps or whatever it was, was pretty ballsy.
post #1925 of 2320
Didn't see the post-race because NBC ended the broadcast right after the race finished. Sounds like I should have no regrets about that, though...
post #1926 of 2320
Also, the (non-)decision re Hamilton's short-cutting the chicane was curious. Obviously better for the "the show", but I imagine that had Perez done that with Vettel behind, the call may have been different.
post #1927 of 2320
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Also, the (non-)decision re Hamilton's short-cutting the chicane was curious. Obviously better for the "the show", but I imagine that had Perez done that with Vettel behind, the call may have been different.

I suspect they were looking at the lack of a penalty of Rosberg last week, and frankly the historical bypass of this rule, which questions the value of the rule. There would have been claims of favoritism if Hamilton got a penalty.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Didn't see the post-race because NBC ended the broadcast right after the race finished. Sounds like I should have no regrets about that, though...

Ugh. The more I think about it, the more stomach turning it is. A few weeks ago it was Vlad 'shell company' Putin now Bieber? This is why F1 is losing appeal.

I didn't explain it well, but Hamilton drank from his Champagne (mouth on bottle), then went over to Bieber and offered him a swig, so Bieber drank the champagne + Hamilton saliva. Then Lewis sprayed the bottle allover his mechanics, so they got a bath of bubbly + Lewis spit + Bieber mouth juice. Thank the savior I wasn't eating.

On top of all that, they seem to have this buddy-buddy upwards finger point to the lord they do together... and Lewis kept mentioning some phantom "god" when Brundle interviewed him.

Lewis is a douchbag. This is kind of proof is unequivocal, incontrovertible even.


_____________


I forgot... starting the race 7 laps behind a safety car with mild rain. Oh my, instead of Formula One did I watch some classic Formula Pussy today.
post #1928 of 2320
Germophobe much? Everyone on the podium gets sprayed with "driver saliva" after every race.

I don't go in for the religion stuff, but I think Hamilton's god is the conventional Christian version.

I am utterly dismayed by this recent practice of starting wet races behind the safety car. Make the wets with sufficient tread depth to handle the water, and let's get on with it.
post #1929 of 2320
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Germophobe much? Everyone on the podium gets sprayed with "driver saliva" after every race.

I don't go in for the religion stuff, but I think Hamilton's god is the conventional Christian version.

I am utterly dismayed by this recent practice of starting wet races behind the safety car. Make the wets with sufficient tread depth to handle the water, and let's get on with it.

The thought of Hamilton and Bieber saliva mixed must give you pause. It just has to.

Yeah. It's safety run amok starting behind the safety car. If its such a problem, get an ultra wet tire. Just stop this safety car crap.
post #1930 of 2320
Thread Starter 
In all it's glory, the spit swap.

post #1931 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Also, the (non-)decision re Hamilton's short-cutting the chicane was curious. Obviously better for the "the show", but I imagine that had Perez done that with Vettel behind, the call may have been different.

My impression was that the potential penalty was for not giving Ricciardo enough room when Ricciardo tried to pass Hamilton on the outside and not necessarily for semi-cutting the chicane.

+1 on the pussy starts F1 does lately when the weather gets a little bad. The old days were much better when it was survival of the fittest.
post #1932 of 2320
Hmmm. If so, it would be an odd choice to investigate the ambiguous portion of the interaction rather than the clear-cut violation.
post #1933 of 2320
I'm not 100% sure which part they were investigating...maybe both, but it seems they usually don't penalize drivers for keeping their place when they semi-cut the chicane (semi-cut = at least they attempted to make the chicane and not go through straight through). On the other hand, they usually penalize when you cut or semi-cut the chicane when making a pass from behind so the drivers just give the position back before the penalty comes.
post #1934 of 2320
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post

I'm not 100% sure which part they were investigating...maybe both, but it seems they usually don't penalize drivers for keeping their place when they semi-cut the chicane (semi-cut = at least they attempted to make the chicane and not go through straight through). On the other hand, they usually penalize when you cut or semi-cut the chicane when making a pass from behind so the drivers just give the position back before the penalty comes.

The "semi-cut" was the evidene for the actual violation. The "semi-cut", once only the domain of 80s mod bands, has found new life in the shape of Hamilton missing a corner, and he cut across Ricciardo to protect his position.

My consistent view is he started his move across before the RBR was in his wheel so it was fine. Like it was in Barca for Nico.

Hamilton had all 4 wheels off track, so this characterization of a semi-cut is false. He CUT the chicane, therefore should have yielded track position in the face of an active threat.



Anyone want to debate this "semi-cut"?

post #1935 of 2320
That video suggests that Hamilton actually did leave Ricciardo enough room on the outside, but that Ricciardo assumed (quite reasonably, I'd say) that Hamilton's trajectory would cross his. In my view, Hamilton's only offense was cutting the chicane. After that he was fair both by idfnl's standards and the rules.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion