The Consul comes on a 173. Some retailers sell a discontinued 73 last "balmoral" (without the Consul name). Any idea how the two shoes differ (if at all)?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Crockett and jones Sydney loafers- UK 7 - Snuff Seude Last post on 4/19/16 at 10:07pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 6/19/16 at 3:11am in Classic Menswear
- Crockett & Jones Oriel 2 Wingtips w/ Lasted Trees + Bags - 10.5 Last post on 1/10/15 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Current Quality of Church's Shoes - Page 5
Edited by rabiesinfrance - 2/18/13 at 1:21pm
To be fair, most ladies shoes produced by, loosely speaking, "Northampton brands" are at best indifferent.
E.g. http://www.trickers.com/collections/mens/ladies/ladies_collection.htm it seems that the design principle is "make them smaller and maybe change the colours a little bit". Church's at least is making an effort at recognising that ladies wear different things than men.
Probably someone will tell me that the quality is worse, but aren't Herring brand shoes an example that you can make good looking quality shoes and retail them below £300?
I would blame inflation instead of manufacturers jacking up prices. Even prices for bread and milk increased dramatically.
Over the last year or so Church's has really gone down the drain. It seems now that all of their shoes around the £300 mark either have shitty leather or linen lining, or both. Lots of weird fashion shoes too, as others have mentioned. It's a shame because their goodyear oxfords in regular calfskins were really excellent a year ago. On sale they could be had from £150, and IMO they were a hair better than C&J. But they've become a joke, and they seem to be doing well too, judging by the London stores. I'll be going to C&J and EG henceforth.
Church's custom grade shoes did have linen lining before Prada took over. No?
Not for igents but they are a beautiful and novel idea.
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding