The Consul comes on a 173. Some retailers sell a discontinued 73 last "balmoral" (without the Consul name). Any idea how the two shoes differ (if at all)?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Crockett and jones Sydney loafers- UK 7 - Snuff Seude Last post on 4/19/16 at 10:07pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 8/23/16 at 2:55am in Classic Menswear
- Crockett & Jones Oriel 2 Wingtips w/ Lasted Trees + Bags - 10.5 Last post on 1/10/15 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Current Quality of Church's Shoes - Page 5
Edited by rabiesinfrance - 2/18/13 at 1:21pm
To be fair, most ladies shoes produced by, loosely speaking, "Northampton brands" are at best indifferent.
E.g. http://www.trickers.com/collections/mens/ladies/ladies_collection.htm it seems that the design principle is "make them smaller and maybe change the colours a little bit". Church's at least is making an effort at recognising that ladies wear different things than men.
Probably someone will tell me that the quality is worse, but aren't Herring brand shoes an example that you can make good looking quality shoes and retail them below £300?
I would blame inflation instead of manufacturers jacking up prices. Even prices for bread and milk increased dramatically.
Over the last year or so Church's has really gone down the drain. It seems now that all of their shoes around the £300 mark either have shitty leather or linen lining, or both. Lots of weird fashion shoes too, as others have mentioned. It's a shame because their goodyear oxfords in regular calfskins were really excellent a year ago. On sale they could be had from £150, and IMO they were a hair better than C&J. But they've become a joke, and they seem to be doing well too, judging by the London stores. I'll be going to C&J and EG henceforth.
Church's custom grade shoes did have linen lining before Prada took over. No?
Not for igents but they are a beautiful and novel idea.
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 56 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge September 2nd 2016 - the #menswear aficionado 2 minutes ago
- › Super Tie Clearance. New & Used. All Fabrics, Widths, Brands,.... 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Thomas Bates Size 36 White Belt. Brass Plated Buckle. Made In USA... 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding