or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › How ignorant is the NFL Hall of Fame induction committee?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How ignorant is the NFL Hall of Fame induction committee?

post #1 of 40
Thread Starter 
Cris Carter didn't get in for like the 11th straight year. Why does he get no respect? He is easily in the top 10 receivers of all time, probably top 5, even higher if you're a die hard Vikings fan like myself (make fun of me all you want I'll be a fan til I die). So why the complete lack of love for Carter?? He had the 2nd best hands in the history of football, even according to a lot of people who aren't biased like myself, and he was one of the best route runners too. I'm so fucking pissed right now, just like I've been this time of the year, every year, since he's been HOF eligible. Discuss.
post #2 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek92 View Post

Cris Carter didn't get in for like the 11th straight year. Why does he get no respect? He is easily in the top 10 receivers of all time, probably top 5, even higher if you're a die hard Vikings fan like myself (make fun of me all you want I'll be a fan til I die). So why the complete lack of love for Carter?? He had the 2nd best hands in the history of football, even according to a lot of people who aren't biased like myself, and he was one of the best route runners too. I'm so fucking pissed right now, just like I've been this time of the year, every year, since he's been HOF eligible. Discuss.

Cris Carter is top 3, at first I thought they couldn't get passed his coke issue but Michael Irvin is in. Sad state of football when Roaf gets in ahead of Carter.
post #3 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

Cris Carter is top 3, at first I thought they couldn't get passed his coke issue but Michael Irvin is in. Sad state of football when Roaf gets in ahead of Carter.

What are you talking about? Roaf was one of the best lineman of the 90's-00's. Just because he didn't play a glamour position doesn't mean he wasn't great. I'm actually glad that more linemen are getting in over receivers, qb's, and rb's.

Cris Carter will get in eventually probably within the next 3 years. He just didn't make it his first year eligible.
post #4 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

What are you talking about? Roaf was one of the best lineman of the 90's-00's. Just because he didn't play a glamour position doesn't mean he wasn't great. I'm actually glad that more linemen are getting in over receivers, qb's, and rb's.
Cris Carter will get in eventually probably within the next 3 years. He just didn't make it his first year eligible.

Roaf was good and he deserved to get in, but this was not Carter's first year eligible dumbass. Carter deserved to get in his first year eligible but its been 5 fucking years. No one in their right mind can honestly say that Curtis Martin deserved to get in on his second ballot but Carter shouldn't get in his first 5 years. Its bullshit, if you disagree you're lying to someone.
post #5 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek92 View Post

Roaf was good and he deserved to get in, but this was not Carter's first year eligible dumbass. Carter deserved to get in his first year eligible but its been 5 fucking years. No one in their right mind can honestly say that Curtis Martin deserved to get in on his second ballot but Carter shouldn't get in his first 5 years. Its bullshit, if you disagree you're lying to someone.

bounce2.gif
post #6 of 40
Carter should be in, but the voters have a strange bias against wide receivers. It took forever for Monk, Swann, and Stallworth to get in. Brown and Reed aren't in yet. Perhaps the voters are holding receivers to a higher standard because numbers have become inflated with the more lenient rules?
post #7 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

bounce2.gif

Yes?
post #8 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Carter should be in, but the voters have a strange bias against wide receivers. It took forever for Monk, Swann, and Stallworth to get in. Brown and Reed aren't in yet. Perhaps the voters are holding receivers to a higher standard because numbers have become inflated with the more lenient rules?

Even though Carter was second in almost every category when he retired?
You agree with me so I'm not arguing but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why Canton hates Cris.
post #9 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek92 View Post

Roaf was good and he deserved to get in, but this was not Carter's first year eligible dumbass. Carter deserved to get in his first year eligible but its been 5 fucking years. No one in their right mind can honestly say that Curtis Martin deserved to get in on his second ballot but Carter shouldn't get in his first 5 years. Its bullshit, if you disagree you're lying to someone.

My bad on the bolded part. I forgot when Carter retired but to say Roaf or even Dawson don't deserve to get in is just as stupid as saying Carter doesn't deserve to get in. Martin I agree with you on that one. He was consistently very good but I wouldn't consider him HoF material.
post #10 of 40
Carter doesn't have the playoff highlight reel of Rice, Irvin, Swann, Stallworth, etc. Not his fault, but that could be a reason.

I'll be very interested to see what happens when Hines Ward's candidacy gets debated. He has great career numbers and was a Super Bowl MVP.
post #11 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

What are you talking about? Roaf was one of the best lineman of the 90's-00's. Just because he didn't play a glamour position doesn't mean he wasn't great. I'm actually glad that more linemen are getting in over receivers, qb's, and rb's.
Cris Carter will get in eventually probably within the next 3 years. He just didn't make it his first year eligible.

What am I talking about? What are you talking about. Why don't you just say that Tony Boselli should be in before Jerry Rice.

Edit: Also someone brought up Art Monk. For a long time he was considered just a really really good 3rd down receiver (this was mostly started by Peter King) only a few years ago did King switch his position on arguing why Monk shouldn't be in.
post #12 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

What am I talking about? What are you talking about. Why don't you just say that Tony Boselli should be in before Jerry Rice.
Edit: Also someone brought up Art Monk. For a long time he was considered just a really really good 3rd down receiver (this was mostly started by Peter King) only a few years ago did King switch his position on arguing why Monk shouldn't be in.

Tony's career was cut short with injuries which is why he'll never get in. To say Roaf getting in is a joke is pretty stupid. Roaf was an All-Pro nearly every season he played and was one of the main reasons why Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson put up monster numbers in KC.
post #13 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek92 View Post

Even though Carter was second in almost every category when he retired?
You agree with me so I'm not arguing but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why Canton hates Cris.

Have you tried writing your local Congressman?
post #14 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Tony's career was cut short with injuries which is why he'll never get in. To say Roaf getting in is a joke is pretty stupid. Roaf was an All-Pro nearly every season he played and was one of the main reasons why Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson put up monster numbers in KC.

Look above and tell me where I said that. You can't because I never said Roaf shouldn't be in. What I said was that Roaf (who probably was a top 5 guy for the time he played) getting in before Carter (who was top 5 of all time) is sad.
post #15 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

Look above and tell me where I said that. You can't because I never said Roaf shouldn't be in. What I said was that Roaf (who probably was a top 5 guy for the time he played) getting in before Carter (who was top 5 of all time) is sad.

Well when you say this "Sad state of football when Roaf gets in ahead of Carter" it kind of sounds like you don't think Roaf deserves to get in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › How ignorant is the NFL Hall of Fame induction committee?