or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you wear an undershirt? Why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you wear an undershirt? Why? - Page 7

Poll Results: Do you wear an undershirt?

 
  • 65% (213)
    Yes
  • 34% (112)
    No
325 Total Votes  
post #91 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post

To reemphasize: Your dress shirt is the undershirt [mindblown]

To re-re-emphasize...dress shirts that most people on this forum buy cost between $50 and $500. Undershirts cost around $15. When worn properly they are invisible, more comfortable for some, and extend the life of dress shirts. How is it possible you don't understand this?
post #92 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post

To reemphasize: Your dress shirt is the undershirt [mindblown]

To reemphasize: This is 2012. Not 1912. Times have changed.
post #93 of 219
Without looking at all the replies carefully yet, the guess is that some people don't wear undershirts mostly due to fit issues (for example wrong length).
post #94 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post

I used to wear an undershirt - when I was 15 yo.
There are various reasons why insecure hetero males wear undershirts.
They think it makes them look slightly bigger.
They think it blocks sweat.
They don't like showing chest (they are afraid this will look gay).
As soon as they get home they take the dress shirt off and douche around in their t shirt.
They think they can wear the dress shirt 3x before laundering (only Reevolving).
They are afraid their delicate hetero nipples will show without an undershirt.
They find dress shirts stiff and itchy, they like the kindergarten-recess type of comfort that a cotton t provides.
They think they are Don Draper
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post

To reemphasize: Your dress shirt is the undershirt [mindblown]

Your weirdly intense/upset polemics in this thread say more about you than they do undershirt wearers. And you're calling other people insecure....
post #95 of 219
Let me throw in my Florida living, 90% humidity, experience if I could. I have tried undershirts, it helped for a couple of hours, but the sweat absorbing undershirt would leave me feeling very uncomfortable. Whatever breeze is available on most days is felt easier with just a dress shirt. Heck, half the days a neck tie is almost unbearable to endure all day. It's difficult to be a proper gent in Florida plain.gif
post #96 of 219
This would be of assistance to some of the members of this forum.
post #97 of 219
I prefer an undershirt. Keeps oils and antiperspirant off of my button downs.
post #98 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

To re-re-emphasize...dress shirts that most people on this forum buy cost between $50 and $500. Undershirts cost around $15. When worn properly they are invisible, more comfortable for some, and extend the life of dress shirts. How is it possible you don't understand this?

Undershirts cost $15. CVS tape costs $3. [mindblown]
post #99 of 219
I prefer a gray V-neck. It is nearly invisible and like many have said, absorbs perspiration. Also, if a girl is cold (and you don't have a jacket), you can give her your dress shirt, and lo and behold you still have a shirt to wear.
post #100 of 219

Undershirts are only useful if you need to add warmth, otherwise they are useless.

 

Hot climates and sweat? Undershirts are useless as they retain moisture and heat around your body.  Besides, undershirts also ruin the utility of wearing linen or chambray shirting.

 

Pit stain?  You've been laundering your shirt too infrequently.

post #101 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post

I prefer a gray V-neck. It is nearly invisible and like many have said, absorbs perspiration. Also, if a girl is cold (and you don't have a jacket), you can give her your dress shirt, and lo and behold you still have a shirt to wear.


so where's your jacket?  just curious.

post #102 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Let me throw in my Florida living, 90% humidity, experience if I could. I have tried undershirts, it helped for a couple of hours, but the sweat absorbing undershirt would leave me feeling very uncomfortable. Whatever breeze is available on most days is felt easier with just a dress shirt. Heck, half the days a neck tie is almost unbearable to endure all day. It's difficult to be a proper gent in Florida plain.gif


some people clearly prefer wearing wet jeans in hot days.

post #103 of 219

Only losers who wear blobby shoes wear $15 undershirts. I prefer Icebreaker Beast, personally.

 

Also you should all be aware that when the Bilderberg Group paid Clark Gable to stop wearing undershirts in the movies, men did not have nipples.

 

If heat and humidity are issues for you there are these:

 

http://www.japanprobe.com/2008/11/22/mens-bra-a-bestseller-on-rakutencojp/

post #104 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post

Undershirts cost $15. CVS tape costs $3. [mindblown]

If CVS tape took zero time to apply, was completely invisible on the outside of clothing, and increased the comfort of my clothes, I guess I would use it. The only aspect in which you have blown my mind is in your stubbornness and inability to listen to reasonable thoughts from others, and instead just calling everyone else poor and gross. Since it's impossible to have any actually informative and valuable discussion under these circumstances, and I couldn't care less what you think about me or anyone else wearing undershirts, this will be my last post in this thread.
post #105 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

If CVS tape took zero time to apply, was completely invisible on the outside of clothing, and increased the comfort of my clothes, I guess I would use it. The only aspect in which you have blown my mind is in your stubbornness and inability to listen to reasonable thoughts from others, and instead just calling everyone else poor and gross. Since it's impossible to have any actually informative and valuable discussion under these circumstances, and I couldn't care less what you think about me or anyone else wearing undershirts, this will be my last post in this thread.

I never called anyone poor and gross. I in fact stated the same reason why you said you wore an undershirt - you think it blocks sweat. Maybe you have me confused with some other pitstainer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you wear an undershirt? Why?