or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best Bespoke tailoring in New York City
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Bespoke tailoring in New York City - Page 3

post #31 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post

but how do I know if it is really Bespoke?

Lolz.

I thought about putting up a live stream so you could see everything we do, but I thought it may be a bit invasive when I put my hot wife over the cutting room table.
post #32 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post


Lolz.
I thought about putting up a live stream so you could see everything we do, but I thought it may be a bit invasive when I put my hot wife over the cutting room table.


David,

 

This is a bit much. Please don't take this the wrong way, but for someone whos' backhanded "compliments" have disagreed with a few posters on this thread, you seem to make very awkward posts that cannot help your business.

 

I am in sales myself and I often read on SF, despite a low post count, but since I have posted on this particular thread, I have kept up with it. I think it is great that you have a passion for what you do and are going out of your way to expand your business through the posters on this site, but the fact that more than one poster has to comment on the inappropriate nature of your posts should be concerning. Many of the other vendors have greatly expanded their business' through SF, without so much as a single controversial post. Professionalism is important.
 

If you don't care what I, or anyone else on this board thinks than feel free to ignore all of my points. However if you are here to expand your business, you should care about how your posts are perceived, and consider refraining from any comments that are controversial. Best of luck!

 

post #33 of 137
I think Mr. David is here to express his opinions, as we all are. He should certainty be allowed that, businessman or otherwise...
post #34 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post

but how do I know if it is really Bespoke?

Use Amex. It will be a subcategory in the year end summary.
post #35 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I think Mr. David is here to express his opinions, as we all are. He should certainty be allowed that, businessman or otherwise...


100% agree. However, I felt compelled to point out how he was coming across to me, as someone in the market for tailored clothing in NYC. I also thought it worth mentioning, if he does not care how his comments may be perceived, please ignore my concern. I wish him nothing but the best.

post #36 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by msart84 View Post



100% agree. However, I felt compelled to point out how he was coming across to me, as someone in the market for tailored clothing in NYC. I also thought it worth mentioning, if he does not care how his comments may be perceived, please ignore my concern. I wish him nothing but the best.

Its not meant to be a serious post to be taken literally of course. It is a comment about unrealistic expectations of openess and access to information/ business practices that some people have. Sometimes this can become invasive, annoying and inappropriate. I am reminded of the Portlandia sketch were they are about to order chicken on the menu of a restaurant, ask a million questions and then go to the farm to check it out before they order (which they don't).

In the end you will probably never know your getting a bespoke suit unless you take it apart (destroying it) or sit with your bench tailor for 40 hours while he makes it. Fundamentally you have to trust the maker because you cant and probably shouldn't know everything.
Edited by David Reeves - 2/10/12 at 5:10am
post #37 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

Lolz.
I thought about putting up a live stream so you could see everything we do, but I thought it may be a bit invasive when I put my hot wife over the cutting room table.

Well, I don't want any suspicious stains on my bespoke suits. MTM is a different story...
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Use Amex. It will be a subcategory in the year end summary.

They screw up those categories very often. Since when is a bag of chips at a gas station considered, "Transportation". Clearly it should be under "Restaurants".
post #38 of 137

Hi Robert

 

I saw that you were looking for a Bespoke Tailor who does not outsource so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Rudolf Popradi and I am a Bespoke Master Tailor located in Montreal. I know how much you British chaps appreciate fine quality and true craftmanship. I can guarantee that I produce 100% Bespoke suits and that I do not outsource. If you would like more information I invite you to see my video on youtube,  just enter Popradi. I explain everything in 4 short  videos.  "My suits never leave my hands". Enjoy your stay in America.

post #39 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by msart84 View Post



David,

This is a bit much. Please don't take this the wrong way, but for someone whos' backhanded "compliments" have disagreed with a few posters on this thread, you seem to make very awkward posts that cannot help your business.

I am in sales myself and I often read on SF, despite a low post count, but since I have posted on this particular thread, I have kept up with it. I think it is great that you have a passion for what you do and are going out of your way to expand your business through the posters on this site, but the fact that more than one poster has to comment on the inappropriate nature of your posts should be concerning. Many of the other vendors have greatly expanded their business' through SF, without so much as a single controversial post. Professionalism is important.

 
If you don't care what I, or anyone else on this board thinks than feel free to ignore all of my points. However if you are here to expand your business, you should care about how your posts are perceived, and consider refraining from any comments that are controversial. Best of luck!

What was controversial about David's post? Who are you to police the forum?
post #40 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcw View Post


What was controversial about David's post? Who are you to police the forum?


You clearly did not read my de facto disclaimer that I included. I wrote as a potential client, and I do not find that type of joking to be professional. I intended my comment to let him know that a potential customer could be put off by that type of joking, and that if he didn't care, he could ignore my concern. No one is pretending to police anyone, but if I see an elephant in the room, I call it out.

post #41 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by msart84 View Post



You clearly did not read my de facto disclaimer that I included. I wrote as a potential client, and I do not find that type of joking to be professional. I intended my comment to let him know that a potential customer could be put off by that type of joking, and that if he didn't care, he could ignore my concern. No one is pretending to police anyone, but if I see an elephant in the room, I call it out.

I, writing as a potential client, am not put off. Too each their own. Maybe private messages would be more appropriate for you to communicate to David.
post #42 of 137

Michael Andrews Bespoke

post #43 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

Michael Andrews Bespoke

You should not post things like that; people may take you seriously.
post #44 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin E. View Post

I meant entirely by hand. Anyone worth their salt will sew the shoulder, neck, and armhole lining seams by hand, but I meant the long seams as well. I've seen it on Huntsman, Edward Sexton, Maurice Sedwell, Fallan & Harvey, and a few random off-Row tailors, but I've mostly seen machine sewn long seams. Not that a machined lining makes a bad suit.

I recently took some decent pictures of one of my Bespoke suits with a lining put in by hand including long seams:


233

233

233

233

233

Its worth clicking on them for a closer view.
post #45 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post


Raphael is getting on in years and has never been the easiest to work with. Logsdail is a good pick if you want something close to a traditional English suit in the more structured vein. He must be the youngest of the big NYC tailors and seems very pleasant.

How much for a bespoke suit at raphael just a around price?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best Bespoke tailoring in New York City