or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Member pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: Member pictures - Page 63

post #931 of 1879
From the Sartorialist:

post #932 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
They're based on early 60s style and more for the guy who wears a suit for going out socially, rather than a work-oriented suit.

Sort of like Spencer Hart suits but at a quarter the price?

Spencer Hart

I'd be interested. Please do update us on the progress.
post #933 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C.
From the Sartorialist:

Very cool Mike!
post #934 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C.
From the Sartorialist:
Those hacking pockets are way too severe. Otherwise I like the getup.
post #935 of 1879
Mike, as some on Sartorialist were wondering, who made your jacket in that photo? It looks great, fwiw I like the angling of your hacking pockets
post #936 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Mike, as some on Sartorialist were wondering, who made your jacket in that photo? It looks great, fwiw I like the angling of your hacking pockets

It's from Ralph Lauren Purple Label (St. Andrews make). This garment is a one of a kind, the actual model for production has straight pockets. here.

As someone said, the severity of the pockets is exacerbated by the fit of the waist. It think it adds character to the jacket, which otherwise is rather plain looking with straight pockets.
The jeans are APC New Standard.
post #937 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C.
It think it adds character to the jacket, which otherwise is rather plain looking with straight pockets.

I agree. I prefer your jacket over the production model version. You wear it well, and one-of-a-kind!! *envy*
post #938 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C.
From the Sartorialist:


Count me in as an admirer! Great look, Mike!

I'm sure you've read the praises you got in that thread's comment page, but this one I believe really stands out:

Quote:
Roflo Lauren said...

This guy looks really nice. I love the shirt. This picture inspired me to not wear a plain shirt today.
post #939 of 1879
Well I think my problem is that it seems to exaggerate the waist even more, and looks decidedly feminine.
post #940 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C.
It's from Ralph Lauren Purple Label (St. Andrews make). This garment is a one of a kind, the actual model for production has straight pockets. here.

As someone said, the severity of the pockets is exacerbated by the fit of the waist. It think it adds character to the jacket, which otherwise is rather plain looking with straight pockets.
The jeans are APC New Standard.


Indeed a fantastic jacket, I actually bought the production model in the big sale and the fit and drape is amazing. For the price I'll take the straight pockets. Did you have anything altered on it? It looks like its a bit short in legnth, is it a short? Mine had a great deal of waist supression right off the rack and im really slim.

Is the shirt purple label as well? whats the colar style if it is? looks more like a point colar, I have it in there moderate spread (windsor?).
post #941 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I'm starting a side project with a line of suits called "Thick as Thieves"....I had some made where an ex (who worked as a fashion designer for many years) helped me develop a pattern of what *I* wanted that I couldnt find at an affordable price, then some of my friends wanted one so I sold some to them and figured why not try to start a small label. They're based on early 60s style and more for the guy who wears a suit for going out socially, rather than a work-oriented suit.

Are you anything to do with DNA groove?
post #942 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C.
From the Sartorialist:


I LOVE this jacket (especially the hacking pockets), and the whole ensemble. Nice!
post #943 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrigger
Are you anything to do with DNA groove?

no, but I guess I'm trying to do for US locals what Claudio is doing for his boys in Italy (europe)
post #944 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
no, but I guess I'm trying to do for US locals what Claudio is doing for his boys in Italy (europe)

I wish you all the best of luck Jason. maybe I'll buy something from you one day, if you do male order.
post #945 of 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C.
From the Sartorialist:


Congratulations, Mike! Very nice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: Member pictures