or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › My Ham Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Ham Thread - Page 5

post #61 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

So . . . no, it wasn't?

laugh.gif No
post #62 of 82
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

So . . . no, it wasn't?

No, but it wasn't particularly expensive. You are welcome to my ham any time. My sausage, however, is pledged to another.
post #63 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

No, but it wasn't particularly expensive. You are welcome to my ham any time. My sausage, however, is pledged to another.

This thread just took a turn

So you just leave it out there at room temperature? Curious as to how long you think it will last you?
post #64 of 82
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

This thread just took a turn
So you just leave it out there at room temperature? Curious as to how long you think it will last you?

Not as long as I thought yesterday.
post #65 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

Not as long as I thought yesterday.

rimshot.gif
post #66 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

Not as long as I thought yesterday.

all that "expert slicing" made you hungry huh?
post #67 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

No, but it wasn't particularly expensive. You are welcome to my ham any time. My sausage, however, is pledged to another.

That's why edina is making a visit - I don't get you guys.
post #68 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

158

Ugh. Blurry photo. Would not eat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

My sausage, however, is pledged to another.

Wow matt, how original. Maybe you want to grow up a little bit too? SO immature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

That's why edina is making a visit - I don't get you guys.

HORNS gets it.

Also--the definition of eternity is a ham and two people".
Edited by edinatlanta - 2/9/12 at 10:33am
post #69 of 82
Is there a two drink minimum for viewing this thread?
post #70 of 82
that ham is pretty gangsta
post #71 of 82
ok, now i want one too.
i'm surprised nobody has trotted out the ham quote yet: "the definition of eternity is a ham and two people".
post #72 of 82
Thread Starter 
So, some of you know this, but some of you probably do not. When you go to the deli, they generally have a boneless ham and they cut it on the slicer. When this happens, they are cutting perpendicular to the bone and you get a cross section of the leg. A little top, a little bottom. When it is on the bone and you are cutting it, you cut parallel to the bone, so you are getting only one muscle at a time, and the cut has a different relationship to the muscle fibers, so the mouthfeel is very different. Fun stuff.
post #73 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

So, some of you know this, but some of you probably do not. When you go to the deli, they generally have a boneless ham and they cut it on the slicer. When this happens, they are cutting perpendicular to the bone and you get a cross section of the leg. A little top, a little bottom. When it is on the bone and you are cutting it, you cut parallel to the bone, so you are getting only one muscle at a time, and the cut has a different relationship to the muscle fibers, so the mouthfeel is very different. Fun stuff.

You really should get out more, mgm.
post #74 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

You really should get out more, mgm.

+1
post #75 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

So, some of you know this, but some of you probably do not. When you go to the deli, they generally have a boneless ham and they cut it on the slicer. When this happens, they are cutting perpendicular to the bone and you get a cross section of the leg. A little top, a little bottom. When it is on the bone and you are cutting it, you cut parallel to the bone, so you are getting only one muscle at a time, and the cut has a different relationship to the muscle fibers, so the mouthfeel is very different. Fun stuff.

If you started cutting in the position you have the ham placed in the picture, you will soon get down to the (edit) femur bone - most of the meat is on the other side of the ham and the muscle is a little more irregularly aligned on that side but the muscle you are slicing on the front of the shin definitely runs the length of that bone.
Edited by HORNS - 2/10/12 at 9:58am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › My Ham Thread