or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Mr. Ned vs. Brooklyn Tailors
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mr. Ned vs. Brooklyn Tailors - Page 3

post #31 of 73
He isn't the only one taking liberties with the bespoke thing.....
post #32 of 73
Threadhead Im putting this to bed now. David Reeves the company makes suits. Three different kinds. MTM made in England starting at $1500 custom starting at $2500 made by Primo coat in Queens (although an individual pattern is made so you could class it as bespoke) and Bespoke starting at $4000 made locally by former savile row tailors and cutters. When we max capacity we outsource to Savile Row. I don't think I can be any more open or authentic than that. If you like though you or anybody can meet our cutters and tailors or you could talk to a client or just look at a suit we make.

Here is one of our bespoke suits:

525

234

234

234

234

I will try to get these in higher res.
Edited by David Reeves - 2/3/12 at 7:58am
post #33 of 73
Ned's can do a trim suit, no problem. If you want them to do a suit that doesn't fit properly because it is too small / too short, then you will have issues. Also, if you are requesting something that he advises against, he will still probably do the suit, just don't expect him to be happy about it.
post #34 of 73
Well there you have it, save a couple bucks and go to David.
post #35 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post

Ned's can do a trim suit, no problem. If you want them to do a suit that doesn't fit properly because it is too small / too short, then you will have issues. Also, if you are requesting something that he advises against, he will still probably do the suit, just don't expect him to be happy about it.

Are there any pics of a trim suit made by Ned?
post #36 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadhead View Post

He isn't the only one taking liberties with the bespoke thing.....

I see what you did there wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

Threadhead Im putting this to bed now....

That is all fine, but wishing a former colleague well and then putting down his outfit in the same post seems a bit disingenuous, to say the least.
post #37 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

Are there any pics of a trim suit made by Ned?

Google "Wes Anderson"? All of them look at least fairly trim. Certainly in line with the current fashion for short.

I rather like the 6x3 Ned's made for Royal Tenenbaum. You don't see many horizontal peak lapels these days.
post #38 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonneker View Post

I see what you did there wink.gif
That is all fine, but wishing a former colleague well and then putting down his outfit in the same post seems a bit disingenuous, to say the least.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind, I think it depends on the context and the relationship. You could define what he does as a bespoke suit if you wanted to. It's a vague and subjective term. I don't need to put down other people in the trade, especially my friends it's not in my character.
post #39 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

I'm sure he wouldn't mind, I think it depends on the context and the relationship. You could define what he does as a bespoke suit if you wanted to. It's a vague and subjective term. I don't need to put down other people in the trade, especially my friends it's not in my character.

I understand what you mean, but for most people here, including myself, who do not know you or him, such statements can easily be interpreted differently and have a negative impact on his business.
post #40 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am DIL View Post


Do it. I've heard their pricey as hell, though don't hold me to it.


In other news, I actually like Brooklyn Tailor's overall aesthetic -- but their shit is too short, and a little hipster. 
 



Yeah, I'm looking at some stuff and having trouble finding prices for bespoke, but I'm getting the impression it's gonna run into the multiple thousands.

 

And yes, if I went with Brooklyn Tailors I would emphasize emphatically that my pants better reach my shoes, my sleeves better reach my wrists and my jacket better reach below my ass.

post #41 of 73
Heres me looking like a douche in a "skinny" MTM suit of mine. Taken 2 years ago in Queens it was already a year old. Looks dated to me now.

467
Edited by David Reeves - 2/3/12 at 8:24pm
post #42 of 73
Skinny? Maybe. Douche? Yes. Tailor? No.
post #43 of 73
I know and have worked with Vahram ie Mr Ned, I like him and he's a good guy. I am personally more inclined though to actually recommend brooklyn tailors though. Danny is very diligent and he's a new business which is good to support, Ned isn't going anywhere he's made his business. One good thing about supporting a smaller business is your that much more important to them. I am sure Danny can achieve the look your looking for.
post #44 of 73
The BT suits are MTM, most of the work is done in Nepal.

Email them and they'll tell you
post #45 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

I know and have worked with Vahram ie Mr Ned, I like him and he's a good guy. I am personally more inclined though to actually recommend brooklyn tailors though. Danny is very diligent and he's a new business which is good to support, Ned isn't going anywhere he's made his business. One good thing about supporting a smaller business is your that much more important to them. I am sure Danny can achieve the look your looking for.

Stop confusing the OP. You have said in this thread that BT is hardly custom/bespoke and that is what the OP's after. confused.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister F View Post

I'm in the market for a custom suit......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Mr. Ned vs. Brooklyn Tailors