Would love to get a read from the Style Forum experts on what I'm planning for my wedding tuxedo. Please see the specs below, and, if you're so inclined, respond with a simple +1 or -1 depending on what you think.
(If you give it a -1, tell me why! I haven't finalized any of these decisions, and I'm pretty new at this, so I'd appreciate any guidance!)
- Bespoke. Decidedly not MTM.
- Tailor takes 14 jacket measurements, 10 pant measurements
- Done in-house by a master tailor (though I'm not sure who bestows that title upon the tailor)
- Will do as many fittings as necessary
- Vitale Barberis Super 130s
- Bemberg lining
- hand-sewn, premium canvas interfacing (not fused/glued)
- Midnight blue
- Shawl collar (in black satin)
- Flat-front trousers, no belt loops, no cuffs, with single black satin stripe
- No flaps on the jacket pockets (with black satin accent)
- Black satin bowtie (NOT pre-tied)
- Soft front, turn-down collar shirt. Black studs and cufflinks.
How'd I do?
I'm still debating on:
- Cummerbund or no? (The fiancee hates cummerbunds. But I'm pretty trad, so...)
- Spread collar? Semi-spread collar?
- Button hole on the shawl collar?