or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Finding Bigfoot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finding Bigfoot - Page 12

post #166 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post

Oh, so it's impossible the deer got its leg broken while it was being overpowered by a "known" predator, or the leg was crunched by the jaws of the predator, or that it got its leg broken accidentally and then fell victim to a predator?
What risk in killing cattle, especially smaller livestock like sheep and goats, would the BFs be aware of? No BF has ever been shot dead or wounded while attacking cattle. I return to the points I have made earlier: If BFs are so intelligent, so clever, endowed with complex language and such physical prowess that they can run down deer, etc., why do they seem so primitive? By most accounts, they don't seem to be even as clever as chimpanzees. Moreover, and I hate to be repetitive, If the BFs are so good, why did they allow the palaeo-Indians to easily overrun the Americas? They certainly would have been in competition for deer, other food resources and just plain "turf." If not as well armed as the Indians, they would have had the advantage of vastly superior size and strength, probably superior bushcraft and familiarity with the terrain...if they had really existed, that is!

facepalm.gif Because they are peace loving of course.
post #167 of 745
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post

Oh, so it's impossible the deer got its leg broken while it was being overpowered by a "known" predator, or the leg was crunched by the jaws of the predator, or that it got its leg broken accidentally and then fell victim to a predator?

For a certain leg break its possible. A natural broken leg looks very different than what I am suggesting. The leg breaks have a twist/shear quality which is clearly not natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post

What risk in killing cattle, especially smaller livestock like sheep and goats, would the BFs be aware of? No BF has ever been shot dead or wounded while attacking cattle. I return to the points I have made earlier: If BFs are so intelligent, so clever, endowed with complex language and such physical prowess that they can run down deer, etc., why do they seem so primitive? By most accounts, they don't seem to be even as clever as chimpanzees. Moreover, and I hate to be repetitive, If the BFs are so good, why did they allow the palaeo-Indians to easily overrun the Americas? They certainly would have been in competition for deer, other food resources and just plain "turf." If not as well armed as the Indians, they would have had the advantage of vastly superior size and strength, probably superior bushcraft and familiarity with the terrain...if they had really existed, that is!

You point is well taken and pretty intriguing. My guess would be its natural fear of open spaces? Again, I dont know. There are reports of farm dogs being torn apart and footprints at the scene.

My guess is, regarding territory, that their habitat didnt sync up with man. They co-existed. I dont know what accounts compare them with a chimp, share it.

I doubt bigfoots fight over turf. They have likely evolved to stay hidden and out of sight. With Paris Hilton as the show child, Humans do not.

We are talking about a population of 10k? Plenty of food. Bigfoots have been reported eating deer, moose, raccoon, fish, mussels and pine nuts as well as dumpster diving. Hardly enough for Indians to have it be worth the challenge. Besides, the Sasquatch is revered in many tribes.
post #168 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Holy cross doesnt have DNA

Neither does Big Foot until they actually publish that shit somewhere reputable. Which, I'm guessing from their behavior so far, they won't.

Quote:
For a certain leg break its possible. A natural broken leg looks very different than what I am suggesting. The leg breaks have a twist/shear quality which is clearly not natural.

"Some deer (allegedly) broke their legs in an odd fashion! The most logical solution MUST be Big Feet!"

Makes sense to me. Clearly it couldn't be one of the many known predators doing something new/unknown, it's GOT to be evidence for a mythological beast.
post #169 of 745
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Neither does Big Foot until they actually publish that shit somewhere reputable. Which, I'm guessing from their behavior so far, they won't.

I would hope for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

"Some deer (allegedly) broke their legs in an odd fashion! The most logical solution MUST be Big Feet!"
Makes sense to me. Clearly it couldn't be one of the many known predators doing something new/unknown, it's GOT to be evidence for a mythological beast.

No forest animal that we know of has the ability to twist and break a leg bone like the pics of ones I have seen. And many have been found this way. So no, I don't believe that's just chance. In addition, footprints have been found at the scenes of the kill.

Footprints are compelling evidence. This vid demonstrates:

post #170 of 745
idfnl, when the powers that be (hopefully) make you change your avatar might I suggest this as a replacement.

post #171 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

No forest animal that we know of has the ability to twist and break a leg bone like the pics of ones I have seen. And many have been found this way. So no, I don't believe that's just chance. In addition, footprints have been found at the scenes of the kill.
Footprints are compelling evidence. This vid demonstrates:]

Wait I thought animal carcasses decomposed and were eaten SO RAPIDLY in the wild that it was logically impossible for anyone to have ever found a Bigfoot corpse. But here we have enough deer with broken legs being found that it's (somehow) evidence for Big Feet. Why are the deer not getting eaten and decomposing?
post #172 of 745
Thread Starter 
Fang, I don't bother you so why do you troll me? Because I debate the existence of Bigfoot? I happen to find it interesting.

I've had you on ignore for probably a year now, you know because I told you. Yet you still follow me around. I don't care about you, so why do you insist? I don't read you, is it so you can look cool in the eyes of others?
post #173 of 745
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Wait I thought animal carcasses decomposed and were eaten SO RAPIDLY in the wild that it was logically impossible for anyone to have ever found a Bigfoot corpse. But here we have enough deer with broken legs being found that it's (somehow) evidence for Big Feet. Why are the deer not getting eaten and decomposing?

They do. I'm not contradicting. There are approx 40 millions deer in N America, so its more common to find deer bones. And I never said it was impossible to find Bigfoot bones, just very unlikely.

If we guess at 10k BF versus 40m deer, its a ratio of 4000 : 1.
post #174 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Fang, I don't bother you so why do you troll me? Because I debate the existence of Bigfoot? I happen to find it interesting.
I've had you on ignore for probably a year now, you know because I told you. Yet you still follow me around. I don't care about you, so why do you insist? I don't read you, is it so you can look cool in the eyes of others?

I don't remember you putting me on ignore, but that function seems to be broken.
post #175 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

I don't remember you putting me on ignore, but that function seems to be broken.

He has you on ignore but he responds to your every post.
post #176 of 745
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

He has you on ignore but he responds to your every post.

True, I did a couple of times, but he's gone back to being a dickhead. Is there a reason you care about this, Harvey?
post #177 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

They do. I'm not contradicting. There are approx 40 millions deer in N America, so its more common to find deer bones.
Bones of ones killed in unique ways by Bigfeet. How many deer are these Bigfeet killing, such that there's a solid record of these kills that have magically resisted the awesome and terrifying powers of decomposition?
Quote:
And I never said it was impossible to find Bigfoot bones, just very unlikely.
If we guess at 10k BF versus 40m deer, its a ratio of 4000 : 1.

What're the odds of finding a T-Rex skeleton from 300 million years ago? We have plenty of those, and yet no Bigfeet skeletons. Astonishing, really.

The Planet Earth people can get high res video of Amur leopards and there are like 30 of those scattered across thousands of miles of extremely harsh terrain. Or snow leopards, ~5k of them in the Himalayas. Awfully crafty Big Feet, to be hiding so well.



Also I love all the "details" about Big Feet habit and population. Very convincing mythology.
post #178 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

For a certain leg break its possible. A natural broken leg looks very different than what I am suggesting. The leg breaks have a twist/shear quality which is clearly not natural.
You point is well taken and pretty intriguing. My guess would be its natural fear of open spaces? Again, I dont know. There are reports of farm dogs being torn apart and footprints at the scene.

Can't say anything much about the farm dogs except you think they'd have raised a ruckus and brought forth an armed farmer.
Quote:
My guess is, regarding territory, that their habitat didnt sync up with man. They co-existed. I dont know what accounts compare them with a chimp, share it.

No accounts, just surmise on my part. The chimps have well developed social cooperation and a degree of tool use. The BFs are usually just described as stomping around in solitary grandeur, not doing much of anything.
Quote:
I doubt bigfoots fight over turf. They have likely evolved to stay hidden and out of sight. With Paris Hilton as the show child, Humans do not.
We are talking about a population of 10k? Plenty of food. Bigfoots have been reported eating deer, moose, raccoon, fish, mussels and pine nuts as well as dumpster diving. Hardly enough for Indians to have it be worth the challenge. Besides, the Sasquatch is revered in many tribes.

"Evolved to stay hidden and out of sight"? Out of sight of...what? If they are exist, they are the real "800-pound gorilla." As I said before, if real, they would have no natural enemies to speak of. Do you ever consider the contradictions here? BFs are so shy and elusive that no wildlife camera has ever gotten a picture of one (an indisputable one, anyway), yet they are so bold and unafraid of man that they engage in dumpster diving! They are super-predators, fast enough to run down and grab deer, strong enough to pull down moose, yet not a single one has ever taken to man-eating. Curious that!

My Native American kinsmen revered all kinds of strange spirits and supernatural beings. Doesn't make them real. When I was talking to an indian girl on the Hoopa reservation about BFs years ago, she looked as me as if I were a total nut case. From her perspective, she was probably right. A little later, a white boy in Bluff Creek told me all his indian friends were very contemptuous of the notion that BFs existed.
post #179 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


What're the odds of finding a T-Rex skeleton from 300 million years ago? We have plenty of those, and yet no Bigfeet skeletons. Astonishing, really.

Actually zero. There were no dinos of any sort around 300 million years ago. The T-Rex was a Late Cretaceous dinosaur, flourishing not long before the Great Extinction about 65 million years ago.

Pedantic of me, I know. Still your point is still very cogent.
post #180 of 745
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Bones of ones killed in unique ways by Bigfeet. How many deer are these Bigfeet killing, such that there's a solid record of these kills that have magically resisted the awesome and terrifying powers of decomposition?
What're the odds of finding a T-Rex skeleton from 300 million years ago? We have plenty of those, and yet no Bigfeet skeletons. Astonishing, really.
The Planet Earth people can get high res video of Amur leopards and there are like 30 of those scattered across thousands of miles of extremely harsh terrain. Or snow leopards, ~5k of them in the Himalayas. Awfully crafty Big Feet, to be hiding so well.
Also I love all the "details" about Big Feet habit and population. Very convincing mythology.


Deer kills? I'd be guessing annually maybe 30k across the population? That's a significant number of leg bones, so that does imply they can be found before hedgehogs and mice go to town on the bones.

Re T Rex. Slim odds. But there were many more T Rex than the suspected population of BF. Many dinosaur skeletons come via mass extinctions so it helps explain why they are found more often. And the fact that there are thousands of archeologists looking... maybe that too?

To your last point, it would be great, wouldn't it. But those nature vids can take ages. I saw the snow leopard documentary (that things agility is incredible, isn't it?) and the guy who made it only ever got a handful of shots and it took him like 18 months. As far as I know, nobody has done that for BF, but I wish they would.


Saw this the other day, its from a Werner Herzog documentary, this guy has balls of steel:






Snow leopard, first ever vid of a hunt:


Edited by idfnl - 12/6/12 at 1:45pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Finding Bigfoot