or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Finding Bigfoot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finding Bigfoot - Page 9

post #121 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

If Sasquatch is recognized as an indigenous people that means they are persons and we can have secks with them. I approve because I'm a degenerate animal sexor.

LOL!fing02[1].gif
post #122 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I'm not a scientist, so I can't comment on protocol. Just the other day I read whispers that they found some form of life on Mars, so you might also say its a bad sign for folks inside of NASA to comment before its confirmed?
My interpretation is that they believe we've found a living homonid and that there's a real fear that the hunting crowd will go to town on a species which should be granted human rights. I don't see a problem.

Given the fact that tens of thousands, perhaps even hundreds of thousands of armed hunters invade putative Sasquatch habitat every year in pursuit of big game but have yet to bag a single Sasquatch, I'd say the likelihood of their "going to town" on them is very remote.
post #123 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I'm not a scientist, so I can't comment on protocol. Just the other day I read whispers that they found some form of life on Mars, so you might also say its a bad sign for folks inside of NASA to comment before its confirmed?
The NASA people mentioned that they were going to "make an announcement of historical significance" and some reporters ran way too far with it.
Quote:
My interpretation is that they believe we've found a living homonid and that there's a real fear that the hunting crowd will go to town on a species which should be granted human rights. I don't see a problem.

Hmm yes, a species that has been so elusive that nobody has even been able to confirm its existence is suddenly going to be in danger of human assassination. Makes sense.
post #124 of 745
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post

Given the fact that tens of thousands, perhaps even hundreds of thousands of armed hunters invade putative Sasquatch habitat every year in pursuit of big game but have yet to bag a single Sasquatch, I'd say the likelihood of their "going to town" on them is very remote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Hmm yes, a species that has been so elusive that nobody has even been able to confirm its existence is suddenly going to be in danger of human assassination. Makes sense.


I never said I agreed with it. I just provided my interpretation behind the the statement in question.

I had lunch with my parents today and brought the article up, actually triggered a pretty interesting discussion of how to legally treat another living hominid in our modern world, something we've never had to do before.
Edited by idfnl - 12/2/12 at 3:01pm
post #125 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I never said I agreed with it. I just provided my interpretation behind the the statement in question.
I had lunch with my parents today and brought the article up, actually triggered a pretty interesting discussion of how to legally treat another living hominid. I don't think we've ever had to share being human with anything else before.

Homo sapiens neanderthalensis
post #126 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I never said I agreed with it. I just provided my interpretation behind the the statement in question.
I had lunch with my parents today and brought the article up, actually triggered a pretty interesting discussion of how to legally treat another living hominid. I don't think we've ever had to share being human with anything else before.

Clearly they're so threatened that we need to push through legislation protecting them before the evidence can be made public. IMMINENT FUCKING DANGER WILL ROBINSON!
post #127 of 745
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Homo sapiens neanderthalensis

Revised to reflect what I really meant. You're correct, I meant with modern legal definitions, etc.
post #128 of 745
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Clearly they're so threatened that we need to push through legislation protecting them before the evidence can be made public. IMMINENT FUCKING DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

Ok, 3rd time, I didnt say I agreed, I was just speculating as to their thinking behind writing that.
post #129 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I never said I agreed with it. I just provided my interpretation behind the the statement in question.
I had lunch with my parents today and brought the article up, actually triggered a pretty interesting discussion of how to legally treat another living hominid in our modern world, something we've never had to do before.

That's not true at all, we have legal treatment for the mentally disabled right now. I expect that any creature millions of years behind us evolutionarily would be treated the same.

Of course, it doesn't matter because Bigfoot doesn't fucking exist.
post #130 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

That's not true at all, we have legal treatment for the mentally disabled right now. I expect that any creature millions of years behind us evolutionarily would be treated the same.
Of course, it doesn't matter because Bigfoot doesn't fucking exist.

He does!
post #131 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post

He does!

All reasonable people agree.
post #132 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post

He does!

Yes, but there is only one, just like Nessie.
post #133 of 745
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/30/unicorn-lair-discovered-north-korea
Quote:
Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) has now broken the incredible news that archaeologists in Pyongyang have discovered a unicorn's lair.

Or rather, the report says that they have "recently reconfirmed" the lair of one of the unicorns ridden by the ancient Korean King Tongmyong, founder of a kingdom which ruled parts of China and the Korean peninsula from the the 3rd century BC to 7th century AD.

The KCNA goes on to state that the location happens to be 200 metres from a temple in the North Korean capital, adding: "A rectangular rock carved with words "Unicorn Lair" stands in front of the lair."

"The carved words are believed to date back to the period of Koryo Kingdom (918-1392)," says the report.

Archaeologists from the Academy of Social Sciences at North Korea's History Institute were credited with making the discovery.


Perhaps I've been too skeptical. If they can find a unicorn surely they can find bigfoot.
post #134 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/30/unicorn-lair-discovered-north-korea
Perhaps I've been too skeptical. If they can find a unicorn surely they can find bigfoot.

I demand that full human rights be extended to these unicorns immediately!
post #135 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I demand that full human rights be extended to these unicorns immediately!

If they have human rights does that mean we can have sex with them?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Finding Bigfoot