Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 11/15/15 at 1:40pm in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- Suitsupply NYC Last post on Today at 12:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat - Page 6
Styleforum Top Picks
Edited by yywwyy - 5/10/12 at 8:21pm
I was at the westfields suit supply store, and saw a very nice half Washington blazer that was unfortunately out of stock in my size, but they informed me the Vigo st. Store had it in my size, so I trekked across London for it, turns out they didn't have it, which was annoying. Anyway I tried on a Washington half sc in a different colour to get the fit so I could order online, I was a 38S in the jacket as I like my jackets a little shorter. The jacket I bought was ...
The colour is quite different in person to the website, and is actually much nicer too.
I also bought a grey suit in 38R, they have a 6" drop for the trousers.
Again the website doesn't really convey the true colour of this suit, but I was pleasantly surprised when it eventually arrived.
I had both items delivered to the Vigo st store so I could go in and have them tailored. Here are my experiences...
Jacket sleeves can only be shortened or lengthened half an inch due to the working buttons, this was fine on the 38S jacket, but I would have liked to shorted the sleeves more than 1/2" on the suit.
I also found that they cut the 38R slimmer than the 38S, not sure if this is standard in other brands, but that is what they told me when I was having alterations done. I had £40 worth of alterations done on the 38S jacket, sleeves shortened and waist nipped. Whereas on the suit I had sleeves shortened and jacket shortened by 1/2", and the slimmer 38R didnt need any more alterations.
The staff in the shop were extremely helpful and I would 100% recommend to people looking for a well priced suit or jacket, in the end I've paid £600 for a suit and jacket that in my opinion fit perfectly, which I'm extremely happy with.
I am happy to post pictures of the suit or jacket and also the measurements.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I believe some people wouldn't mind having me do this:
So I finally got around to take some pictures of the jacket. I threw it on over what I was already wearing, so don't judge my outfit . Keep in mind that there are some folds/creases from my dropped right shoulder and I haven't yet had the quick-fix button adjusted to help alleviate it.
Some issues with the jacket (non fit related):
-I believe there is some dimpling in the shoulder
-I think there's a sleeve pitch issue
-I've never seen the type of stitching used under the collar at the top. Cheaper brands, I believe, use more of a zig-zag, while other use vertical type stitching or something else. This has a straight across type of stitch, maybe I'll take a picture sometime. I don't know much about the stitching, I just haven't seen it before.
-Stylistically, I like my skirt to have more flare. This, however, has less flare and looks more like a single-vented jacket.
Some surprising good things:
-shoulders are comparatively (to other cheap brands) very well done
-the style is very Tom-For like
-The cut is very slim
-they have my size 38L
Pretty awesome looking jacket!
I ordered this jacket from Suit Suppy the other day and wanted to get feedback on how it fits. This is right out of the box without any tailoring done. It is usually pretty tough to find things that fit me, but I am actually pleased with how this fits. I think the shoulders may be a bit big and the left sleeve needs to be let out a bit (They have working buttonholes but there is fabric and it should only need to be let out a little bit).
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Don't mind the rest of my outfit, it just happened to be what I was wearing.
How about some updated pics of how it looked after you got it tailored?
what is the body type these suits tend to fit? i have a tapered athletic body (wider shoulders, narrow waist) and it's difficult finding a suit that fits both shoulders and chest. I recently tried on a Hugo Boss 40L slim sharp fit at nordstrom just to try and gauge my size, and it fit great. does suit supply have a suit for athletic builds like mine? which ones, if any, do?
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat
- › Australian Members 20 seconds ago
- › Doctor Who 15 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 23 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 25 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 28 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 55 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories