Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- Suitsupply NYC Last post on Today at 12:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat - Page 6
Styleforum Top Picks
Edited by yywwyy - 5/10/12 at 8:21pm
I was at the westfields suit supply store, and saw a very nice half Washington blazer that was unfortunately out of stock in my size, but they informed me the Vigo st. Store had it in my size, so I trekked across London for it, turns out they didn't have it, which was annoying. Anyway I tried on a Washington half sc in a different colour to get the fit so I could order online, I was a 38S in the jacket as I like my jackets a little shorter. The jacket I bought was ...
The colour is quite different in person to the website, and is actually much nicer too.
I also bought a grey suit in 38R, they have a 6" drop for the trousers.
Again the website doesn't really convey the true colour of this suit, but I was pleasantly surprised when it eventually arrived.
I had both items delivered to the Vigo st store so I could go in and have them tailored. Here are my experiences...
Jacket sleeves can only be shortened or lengthened half an inch due to the working buttons, this was fine on the 38S jacket, but I would have liked to shorted the sleeves more than 1/2" on the suit.
I also found that they cut the 38R slimmer than the 38S, not sure if this is standard in other brands, but that is what they told me when I was having alterations done. I had £40 worth of alterations done on the 38S jacket, sleeves shortened and waist nipped. Whereas on the suit I had sleeves shortened and jacket shortened by 1/2", and the slimmer 38R didnt need any more alterations.
The staff in the shop were extremely helpful and I would 100% recommend to people looking for a well priced suit or jacket, in the end I've paid £600 for a suit and jacket that in my opinion fit perfectly, which I'm extremely happy with.
I am happy to post pictures of the suit or jacket and also the measurements.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I believe some people wouldn't mind having me do this:
So I finally got around to take some pictures of the jacket. I threw it on over what I was already wearing, so don't judge my outfit . Keep in mind that there are some folds/creases from my dropped right shoulder and I haven't yet had the quick-fix button adjusted to help alleviate it.
Some issues with the jacket (non fit related):
-I believe there is some dimpling in the shoulder
-I think there's a sleeve pitch issue
-I've never seen the type of stitching used under the collar at the top. Cheaper brands, I believe, use more of a zig-zag, while other use vertical type stitching or something else. This has a straight across type of stitch, maybe I'll take a picture sometime. I don't know much about the stitching, I just haven't seen it before.
-Stylistically, I like my skirt to have more flare. This, however, has less flare and looks more like a single-vented jacket.
Some surprising good things:
-shoulders are comparatively (to other cheap brands) very well done
-the style is very Tom-For like
-The cut is very slim
-they have my size 38L
Pretty awesome looking jacket!
I ordered this jacket from Suit Suppy the other day and wanted to get feedback on how it fits. This is right out of the box without any tailoring done. It is usually pretty tough to find things that fit me, but I am actually pleased with how this fits. I think the shoulders may be a bit big and the left sleeve needs to be let out a bit (They have working buttonholes but there is fabric and it should only need to be let out a little bit).
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Don't mind the rest of my outfit, it just happened to be what I was wearing.
How about some updated pics of how it looked after you got it tailored?
what is the body type these suits tend to fit? i have a tapered athletic body (wider shoulders, narrow waist) and it's difficult finding a suit that fits both shoulders and chest. I recently tried on a Hugo Boss 40L slim sharp fit at nordstrom just to try and gauge my size, and it fit great. does suit supply have a suit for athletic builds like mine? which ones, if any, do?
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Ambrosi Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 12 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Good tailor in Vancouver? 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 27 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 36 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 38 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...