Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:04pm in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- Suitsupply NYC Last post on Today at 5:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat - Page 6post #76 of 833/23/12 at 2:19pmpost #77 of 834/27/12 at 10:50amDoes anyone know if all the suit supply "washington" sport coats are shorter than the suit versions? On their website, "washington-half" is described as shorter than the suit jacket, but there are sport coats labeled only as "washington." I think the main difference is that the "washington" sport jackets are fully lined whereas the "washington-half" is half-lined, but i'm not sure about the lengths.
Edited by yywwyy - 5/10/12 at 8:21pmpost #78 of 837/27/12 at 4:19amIm new to the style forum but thought I could add some information with my experience of Suit Supply in London.
I was at the westfields suit supply store, and saw a very nice half Washington blazer that was unfortunately out of stock in my size, but they informed me the Vigo st. Store had it in my size, so I trekked across London for it, turns out they didn't have it, which was annoying. Anyway I tried on a Washington half sc in a different colour to get the fit so I could order online, I was a 38S in the jacket as I like my jackets a little shorter. The jacket I bought was ...
The colour is quite different in person to the website, and is actually much nicer too.
I also bought a grey suit in 38R, they have a 6" drop for the trousers.
Again the website doesn't really convey the true colour of this suit, but I was pleasantly surprised when it eventually arrived.
I had both items delivered to the Vigo st store so I could go in and have them tailored. Here are my experiences...
Jacket sleeves can only be shortened or lengthened half an inch due to the working buttons, this was fine on the 38S jacket, but I would have liked to shorted the sleeves more than 1/2" on the suit.
I also found that they cut the 38R slimmer than the 38S, not sure if this is standard in other brands, but that is what they told me when I was having alterations done. I had £40 worth of alterations done on the 38S jacket, sleeves shortened and waist nipped. Whereas on the suit I had sleeves shortened and jacket shortened by 1/2", and the slimmer 38R didnt need any more alterations.
The staff in the shop were extremely helpful and I would 100% recommend to people looking for a well priced suit or jacket, in the end I've paid £600 for a suit and jacket that in my opinion fit perfectly, which I'm extremely happy with.
I am happy to post pictures of the suit or jacket and also the measurements.post #79 of 837/27/12 at 4:22ampost #80 of 837/31/12 at 9:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Superfluous
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I believe some people wouldn't mind having me do this:
So I finally got around to take some pictures of the jacket. I threw it on over what I was already wearing, so don't judge my outfit . Keep in mind that there are some folds/creases from my dropped right shoulder and I haven't yet had the quick-fix button adjusted to help alleviate it.
Some issues with the jacket (non fit related):
-I believe there is some dimpling in the shoulder
-I think there's a sleeve pitch issue
-I've never seen the type of stitching used under the collar at the top. Cheaper brands, I believe, use more of a zig-zag, while other use vertical type stitching or something else. This has a straight across type of stitch, maybe I'll take a picture sometime. I don't know much about the stitching, I just haven't seen it before.
-Stylistically, I like my skirt to have more flare. This, however, has less flare and looks more like a single-vented jacket.
Some surprising good things:
-shoulders are comparatively (to other cheap brands) very well done
-the style is very Tom-For like
-The cut is very slim
-they have my size 38L
Pretty awesome looking jacket!post #81 of 837/31/12 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by blc456
I ordered this jacket from Suit Suppy the other day and wanted to get feedback on how it fits. This is right out of the box without any tailoring done. It is usually pretty tough to find things that fit me, but I am actually pleased with how this fits. I think the shoulders may be a bit big and the left sleeve needs to be let out a bit (They have working buttonholes but there is fabric and it should only need to be let out a little bit).
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Don't mind the rest of my outfit, it just happened to be what I was wearing.
How about some updated pics of how it looked after you got it tailored?post #82 of 838/3/14 at 3:47pm
what is the body type these suits tend to fit? i have a tapered athletic body (wider shoulders, narrow waist) and it's difficult finding a suit that fits both shoulders and chest. I recently tried on a Hugo Boss 40L slim sharp fit at nordstrom just to try and gauge my size, and it fit great. does suit supply have a suit for athletic builds like mine? which ones, if any, do?post #83 of 838/7/14 at 12:33am
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 36 seconds ago
- › Motorcycles 1 minute ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding