Originally Posted by wurlwyde
Is a taper coming for the medium tees too or should I stop following this thread? I keep reading it waiting for that to happen, but now it sounds like it's just the larges? Maybe I need to start hitting the buffet.....
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
But it sounds like they're experimenting with/ making samples for tapered renditions of the other sizes. We'll see!
We tapered the larges for this run because they needed it the most - the other sizes we are sampling right now.
Originally Posted by kiya
I honestly got this line confused with American Giant (both basic lines, both made in US, both from San Francisco).
How can i see some samples in person of what this stuff looks like?
What mill is the fabric coming from in the US?
Hey Kiya, feel free to drop by our office in San Francisco any time. Michael, Edoardo and I would be glad to shoot the shit.
We are different from American Giant in a few ways
- We sell men's and women's clothing and accessories
- Our price points are significantly lower, we do not have external branding on our products
- Most of our products are made in the US, but that's not a hard rule for us. Our backpacks are made in China for instance.
- If I had to summarize our philosophy, it would be: We look for huge businesses that we feel people are overpaying for, or getting under-delivered to in quality, or both - and we go into those businesses with the intention of competing and scaling. I'll give you some examples:
1. AA and Barney's Private Label T-shirts and sweatshirts
2. Longchamp bags
3. RL belts
4. Fjlraven backpacks
5. A lot of "Made in USA" neckwear brands
6. Common Projects
We won't ever compete with brands like Alden or Paul Stuart (can't beat them on quality, and the business doesn't scale).
Originally Posted by Regg
Just ordered my first T. Looking forward to it
Any and all feedback is appreciated!
Originally Posted by Desi
Just noticed the dobb/travel kits in the showroom picture, yay!
We sampled a few of those a while back. We will most likely not sell those in the current configuration, but it's something we are looking into.
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Interested in these and any possible duffel bags as well.
I really like the concept you guys have going here.
Thanks man! We will probably have teaser pics of the duffles out soon.