or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Everlane T-shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Everlane T-shirts - Page 172

post #2566 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiAkuma View Post

What I want to know is where all these people shop who are upset about "consistent fits". I don't know any mid level brands who have consistent fits across the board. Maybe in a staple product they have been making for years but certainly not across the board. 

I don't have any experience with Everlane yet, but wouldn't you say that someone like Uniqlo or Ralph Lauren (Not sure what your idea of mid level brand is) has pretty consistent sizing on something like T-shirts. If you buy a regular fit t-shirt from either at one or two years apart wouldn't you expect the sizing to be the same? I think the issue is that people are buying shirts from when Everlane started releasing them and they have adjusted the fit to reflect feedback and the sizing has been inconsistent that way.

I don't remember if this was this brand or not, but I know people were also having sizing issues with Kent Wang shirts where shirts in different colors but same style were sized inconsistently.
post #2567 of 3338
I just saw the preview of the wool scarves, and while they look pretty cool, I'm concerned about the fit. Should I stick with my normal scarf size or size down one? I'm afraid the chest will be too tight and the waist too loose, and I hate when my scarves billow out at the waist. Plus, the way the model wears the scarves, they seem to have a pronounced hip-flare. Maybe you guys could post measurements? Chest, shoulders, and sleeve length are all I need. Thanks
post #2568 of 3338

japanese cotton ties as well

 

post #2569 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

I just saw the preview of the wool scarves, and while they look pretty cool, I'm concerned about the fit. Should I stick with my normal scarf size or size down one? I'm afraid the chest will be too tight and the waist too loose, and I hate when my scarves billow out at the waist. Plus, the way the model wears the scarves, they seem to have a pronounced hip-flare. Maybe you guys could post measurements? Chest, shoulders, and sleeve length are all I need. Thanks

You're fcking hilarious. A much needed break from all the penny pinch bitching. 

post #2570 of 3338
What a failure of trying to be witty.
post #2571 of 3338

I got my cashmere sweater today in grey M.  A beautiful sweater, and very nice material, but its way too big on me.  Disappointing, as the M tee shirts fit me.  Now the smalls are all sold out, so I can get a refund, but not the item I would like. :(

post #2572 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetManChris View Post

I got my cashmere sweater today in grey M.  A beautiful sweater, and very nice material, but its way too big on me.  Disappointing, as the M tee shirts fit me.  Now the smalls are all sold out, so I can get a refund, but not the item I would like. frown.gif

Get ready for the ShiroiAkuma rant about how Everlane is the best, you are wrong, your entire bloodline is wrong, every person on the continent your ancestors came from is wrong.
post #2573 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmak View Post


obviously you have no sense of humor. must be a chinaman...

Woah, that's clearly rig...I mean racist. dozingoff.gif Honestly, these kinds of statements really aren't funny. They just make you seem like an ignorant twat.

post #2574 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by koor View Post


Get ready for the ShiroiAkuma rant about how Everlane is the best, you are wrong, your entire bloodline is wrong, every person on the continent your ancestors came from is wrong.

 

The irony is that I'm a huge fan of the company!  I have probably a dozen pieces from them.  The sweatshirt in M I have is a bit big on me, but I'm cool with that, as I don't think a sweatshirt is supposed to be fitted.  A sweater, more or less, should be.

post #2575 of 3338
Got my shirts and sweaters today. Sweaters are a big score. I went with my same t shirt size S and the fit is great. The shirts didn't fit so well, the biggest problem for me is the flare at the bottom, way too much extra fabric. I'm not sure what skinny guy has hips that big. The arm length and sholders fit well.

I really wanted the shirts to fit, the fabric is good and the price is great.
post #2576 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrokerny View Post

Got my shirts and sweaters today. Sweaters are a big score. I went with my same t shirt size S and the fit is great. The shirts didn't fit so well, the biggest problem for me is the flare at the bottom, way too much extra fabric. I'm not sure what skinny guy has hips that big. The arm length and sholders fit well.
I really wanted the shirts to fit, the fabric is good and the price is great.

After thinking about it for awhile, I came to the same conclusion.

I'm keeping my terry but sending all the shirts back. I was really hoping they would turn out great, but size small fits great in the body but too small for my shoulders and arms, and size medium just the opposite. Medium is not slim enough and too long.
post #2577 of 3338
i'm actually a fan of the oxfords.
post #2578 of 3338

How is the sleeve length and chest on the sweaters in size large?

 

I tried out the OCBDs and posted measurements earlier. They were too tight in the chest for me, but sleeve length was about right. If anyone owns both, how do the the sweaters compare?

 

I'm intrigued since Everlane's size chart lists the same chest and sleeve length for both, but it sounds like the sweaters are looser in the chest. I might try out one of them.

post #2579 of 3338

just a heads up nan, the site still is super laggy and slows my browser to a crawl

post #2580 of 3338

I just received both orders today with sweaters, half a dozen Ox's and more t-shirts, but since I also received a few inches of snow I'm been busy trying to swap the winter wheels on the Evo. 

I'll upload photos when I get home from the office tomorrow.

First thoughts, I really love how the sweaters come in a drawstring bag. So far they seem to be a good value at the price point, I'll post photos comparing them to my Black Label V necks. 

 

The Oxfords seem on the thinner side to me (for a F/W shirt) perfect for 3 out of 4 seasons IMO. The fabric seems to be very good quality, soft yet sturdy. 

Improvements to make the next run perfect (IMO).

- two ply fabric

- same buttons but cut 1.5X thicker

- cross stitch on the buttons 

- half the amount of hip flair

- sleeves could be slightly shorter

 This is me nit picking a $55 made in USA OCBD shirt apart, IMO it's certainly worth the price although if the next batch is made in China I won't be ordering any regardless.

 

Nan, any way to switch back the white t-shirts? The new optic/bright white shirts don't have the same hand as the nice natural colored ones, the new V-neck is much shallower (which I like but I'm sure a lot will not) & much improved construction. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Everlane T-shirts