or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Everlane T-shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Everlane T-shirts - Page 171

post #2551 of 3338
i feel pictures would better show everyone's complaints about fit issues with these oxfords. only so much words can tell me. since people do like to wear things differently ya know.
post #2552 of 3338

Mine will be in tomorrow along with a few sweaters & I'll post photos when I get home from work. 

 

These shirts won't fit everyone, tons of people buy off the rack shirts and take them to a tailor to be adjusted. Why is this any different? If you want a great fitting shirt either have the MTM or buy a shirt with good material, craftsmanship that fits in the shoulders and spend a few dollars having it fit the way you want it. 

These are $55 dollar shirts made in the US, spend the $10-$10 bucks to put some damn darts in or take the sleeves up an inch.

Do you same people complain when you have to pay to get your N&F jeans hemmed because they only come in 36"? No because you are getting great fabric & good craftsmanship for a fraction of the price. 

 

The only real issues I've managed to weed out of the last three worthless pages are...

1. Buttons are thin (river pearl yes but not thick enough)

2. Placket is to thin Vs. the collar (this is more of a personal opinion, which I don't agree with but that doesn't matter)

3. Colors are a bit lack luster. The smoke is a home run & white is a staple, but light blue is a miss for F/W12. Should have been a bright/navy blue (again IMO)

post #2553 of 3338
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiAkuma View Post

Mine will be in tomorrow along with a few sweaters & I'll post photos when I get home from work. 

These shirts won't fit everyone, tons of people buy off the rack shirts and take them to a tailor to be adjusted. Why is this any different? If you want a great fitting shirt either have the MTM or buy a shirt with good material, craftsmanship that fits in the shoulders and spend a few dollars having it fit the way you want it. 
These are $55 dollar shirts made in the US, spend the $10-$10 bucks to put some damn darts in or take the sleeves up an inch.
Do you same people complain when you have to pay to get your N&F jeans hemmed because they only come in 36"? No because you are getting great fabric & good craftsmanship for a fraction of the price. 

The only real issues I've managed to weed out of the last three worthless pages are...
1. Buttons are thin (river pearl yes but not thick enough)
2. Placket is to thin Vs. the collar (this is more of a personal opinion, which I don't agree with but that doesn't matter)
3. Colors are a bit lack luster. The smoke is a home run & white is a staple, but light blue is a miss for F/W12. Should have been a bright/navy blue (again IMO)

You come across as a very angry person on this thread; I hope this isn't how you lead your life off of SF. Cheer up!
post #2554 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
You come across as a very angry person on this thread; I hope this isn't how you lead your life off of SF. Cheer up!

I disagree, his post sounded very reasonable. The rest of the people on the past few pages have been complaining about how the shirts don't fit well and whatnot, but that was to be expected no? When you buy an OTR shirt, its unrealistic to hope for a perfect fit. 

 

That aside, the fit pic for the models looked like rubbish anyways. The cut was ridiculously unflattering. You lot might say Everlane takes terrible pictures, but that picture was more than enough for me to stay clear. I would have much rather had them expand their t-shirt line (scoop neck for guys w/ better cut) and ditch the v-neck sweaters altogether and gone straight for the cardis. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing a v-neck sweater. 

post #2555 of 3338
Everlane needs to up their quality control and standardize their sizing charts. It seems pretty unreasonable that people can't even be sure of what they will be getting or how a garment will fit until it arrives especially if they have purchased from Everlane before.
Seriously how much effort does it take for them to just put a sizing chart up with measurements of the garment (and how they measured it)?
A better fit model would also probably benefit them as well. I can only assume they're trying to keep costs low by hiring substandard models since they're a start-up company.

They need to figure out who they're marketing to. If I remember correctly, Nan said Everlane is suppose to be like Vince and Theory, but it seems like they're still really iffy on where they really stand.
post #2556 of 3338
The only thing unreasonable in this thread is that people actually expect top quality goods for budget prices. Everlane is ok.
post #2557 of 3338
Will be returning my oxford as well. 5'8 170lb, wear M in the t shirts but the sleeves were too tight around the biceps. Could use a little taper at the hips too. Fabric is pretty decent... feels thinner but softer than Uniqlo.
post #2558 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiAkuma View Post

Mine will be in tomorrow along with a few sweaters & I'll post photos when I get home from work. 

These shirts won't fit everyone, tons of people buy off the rack shirts and take them to a tailor to be adjusted. Why is this any different? If you want a great fitting shirt either have the MTM or buy a shirt with good material, craftsmanship that fits in the shoulders and spend a few dollars having it fit the way you want it. 
These are $55 dollar shirts made in the US, spend the $10-$10 bucks to put some damn darts in or take the sleeves up an inch.
Do you same people complain when you have to pay to get your N&F jeans hemmed because they only come in 36"? No because you are getting great fabric & good craftsmanship for a fraction of the price. 

The only real issues I've managed to weed out of the last three worthless pages are...
1. Buttons are thin (river pearl yes but not thick enough)
2. Placket is to thin Vs. the collar (this is more of a personal opinion, which I don't agree with but that doesn't matter)
3. Colors are a bit lack luster. The smoke is a home run & white is a staple, but light blue is a miss for F/W12. Should have been a bright/navy blue (again IMO)

crazy.giffacepalm.gif
post #2559 of 3338
What? The point isn't that the shirts should be expected to fit everyone - rather it's that the fit is so strange and off that it's going to fit virtually noone.
post #2560 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

The only thing unreasonable in this thread is that people actually expect top quality goods for budget prices. Everlane is ok.

I don't expect top quality; I expect consistency. More than 'reasonable'.
post #2561 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartbaeklv View Post

I don't expect top quality; I expect consistency. More than 'reasonable'.

I haven't seen signs of gross inconsistency, just poorly met expectations regarding how things should fit.
post #2562 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post


I haven't seen signs of gross inconsistency, just poorly met expectations regarding how things should fit.

But your initial argument was that "people actually expect top quality goods for budget prices." From what I understand cut and quality are not the same thing, and all these people are merely arguing cut. Their grievances about the quality are minor.

post #2563 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFox View Post

But your initial argument was that "people actually expect top quality goods for budget prices." From what I understand cut and quality are not the same thing, and all these people are merely arguing cut. Their grievances about the quality are minor.

The first statement wasn't argumentative. It was a statement. Read back through the thread -- people trying to compare everlane to RRL, RLPL, etc. That was my grievance. While cut and quality are not inherently linked, I more willingly accept a "mall cut" from a mall level brand.

When he said his issue was consistency, I pointed out that there haven't really been any reports of inconsistency. Accuracy and precision are not the same thing.
post #2564 of 3338

What I want to know is where all these people shop who are upset about "consistent fits". I don't know any mid level brands who have consistent fits across the board. Maybe in a staple product they have been making for years but certainly not across the board. 

post #2565 of 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiAkuma View Post

What I want to know is where all these people shop who are upset about "consistent fits". I don't know any mid level brands who have consistent fits across the board. Maybe in a staple product they have been making for years but certainly not across the board. 

 

I don't know of any other mid level brand that makes a grand total of only 10 (or whatever it is) different items. One of the pros of a small super focussed company like Everlane should be consistency.

 

Not that I'm complaining. I havent yet had a chance to try out their t-shirts which I've ordered so as of now I have no view on whether they are or are not consistent. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Everlane T-shirts