or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hughes Low Custom Alligator Wallet Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hughes Low Custom Alligator Wallet Review - Page 3

post #31 of 186

What do the cell phone cases look like? Looks like some excellent craftsmanship here. 

post #32 of 186

Like this. They're on his Tumblr...

 

249

post #33 of 186
I have been emailing Mr. Hughes, I look forward to posting the wallet he is making for me. Fantastic experience and communication so far.
post #34 of 186
I am glad I found this thread. My dad sent him some Edward Green leather samples to make some watch bands a while back and has not been able to get in touch with him for a few months now? Does anyone know what is going on with Hughes? Is he away? His website is still active. I am the one who recommended him to my dad based on reviews I had seen here so I really don't want anything to go wrong. If anyone has any contact with Hughes could you see what the deal is? Thanks.
post #35 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover View Post

I am glad I found this thread. My dad sent him some Edward Green leather samples to make some watch bands a while back and has not been able to get in touch with him for a few months now? Does anyone know what is going on with Hughes? Is he away? His website is still active. I am the one who recommended him to my dad based on reviews I had seen here so I really don't want anything to go wrong. If anyone has any contact with Hughes could you see what the deal is? Thanks.

Same experience, Hughes and I had worked up a custom wallet, he was going to source the leather and keep me informed. That was 4 months ago, no contact. I have since moved on, and bought another wallet...
post #36 of 186
He's poor with communications, but does eventually deliver.
post #37 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

He's poor with communications, but does eventually deliver.

I sure hope you're right. My dad bought some Edward Green samples and wanted watch bands to match the shoes and he worked out a price with Hughes that he was happy with and sent him two of the samples to make approximately 20 bands. He communicated regularly leading up to the deal but now has not responded to multiple messages for an update. He cannot really "move on" as JubeiSpiegel did because Hughes has his leather. In any event, Hughes seems to be a great guy, does amazing work, so hopefully he is just real busy and hasn't been able to check his emails as regularly as he would like. Thanks for the input. I will pass it on to my dad.
post #38 of 186
At one time his work was done in good time, but it has gone down hill quickly. I know he got hurt early this year, but still is not up to speed. I have a lost wallet form him that never made it to me and is supposedly lost in customs. Ever since his girlfriend has been answering messages for him the communication has gone down hill also. He has been working on a french purse for a friend of mine and has been delay. It was supposed to be delivered 2 weeks ago and now I can not get him to answer me and give a tracking number. I think he has gotten to much work for him to handle and he seams to be taking care of customers in person first and ignoring other customers. I suggest for custom products people go to Portland Street Leather. He delivers what he says and in a timely manner.
post #39 of 186

Hughes is an awesome person. I also do leather work and when he barely started out selling bespoke goods, I was fortunate enough to ask him for help and exchange info with him. A lot of craftsmen are greedy about their suppliers, info on techniques etc., but not Hughes. I'm pretty sure that his lack of response is due to a high volume of orders. As a leatherworker myself, I know that the process of making a card holder etc. is very time consuming when everything is done by hand. 

post #40 of 186
I know his work is beautiful, but that just makes it harder to see he has started to ignore and not respond to issues. I have a wallet hat is lost in the post for 2 months now and no answers and a french purse that was supposed to be done 6 months ago is still not shipped. When I first dealt with him we would e-mail 5 or 6 times a day to get my orders right.
post #41 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

I know his work is beautiful, but that just makes it harder to see he has started to ignore and not respond to issues. I have a wallet hat is lost in the post for 2 months now and no answers and a french purse that was supposed to be done 6 months ago is still not shipped. When I first dealt with him we would e-mail 5 or 6 times a day to get my orders right.
i've been trying to place an order with him for two years. c'est la vie.

he's the ambrosi of small leather goods.
post #42 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

i've been trying to place an order with him for two years. c'est la vie.
he's the ambrosi of small leather goods.

laugh.gif
post #43 of 186
Ambrosi of small goods. HAHAHHAHA.

Coincidentally, he got in touch with me today, 3 months later, to tell me my stuff is ready. He's a nice guy and eventually delivers. So, I shall let it pass.
post #44 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

Ambrosi of small goods. HAHAHHAHA.
Coincidentally, he got in touch with me today, 3 months later, to tell me my stuff is ready. He's a nice guy and eventually delivers. So, I shall let it pass.
what did you have made?
post #45 of 186
Two watch straps.

I placed an order for 1 watch strap and a card pouch a long time ago, saw that it was good, and ordered two more watch straps.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hughes Low Custom Alligator Wallet Review