or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 59

post #871 of 5454
nvm
Edited by Nosu3 - 6/14/12 at 9:54am
post #872 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post

Monkeys aren't humans so I'm not interested in those studies when discussing effect on humans.

Obviously, to draw conclusions about what effects long-term cannabis use would have on humans, we would have to conduct the animal testing on dolphins. Plus, it would have the added advantage of getting those pissy, uptight dolphins to CHILL THE FUCK OUT.
post #873 of 5454
,
Edited by Nosu3 - 6/14/12 at 9:47am
post #874 of 5454
What if we studied them on veal and dolphins?
post #875 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

What if we studied them on veal and dolphins?

those are also other species.... you do know that right?
post #876 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post

you hate facts and reality, don't you?

You really hate mirth and merriment, don't you?
post #877 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post

Monkeys aren't humans so I'm not interested in those studies when discussing effect on humans. The type of possible damage would not be able to be seen in an MRI (I'm not talking about extensive brain damage that would be visible in a scan). The effects vary greatly between people depending on their biological make-up. It cannot be generalized (especially with the variety of chemicals in the herb) to have a non-harmful effect on everyone. I'm not convinced for the countless amount of people who developed mental illness right after marijuana use, that the marijuana had nothing to do with it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cannabis-induced depersonalization disorder in adolescence.
Hürlimann F, Kupferschmid S, Simon AE.
Source
University Hospital of Psychiatry, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland.
Abstract
We present a case series of 6 patients who developed persistent depersonalization disorder in adolescence after consuming cannabis. In 2 of these cases, the illness course was severely disabling. Within the growing body of literature that investigates the effects of cannabis use on mental health, the association between cannabis and depersonalization disorder is widely neglected. We review the clinical characteristics of this disorder and summarize the neurobiological evidence relating it to cannabis use. This case series extends awareness about the potentially detrimental effect of cannabis use in young individuals beyond its well-documented relationship with psychosis and other psychological sequelae.

Cannabis-induced bipolar disorder with psychotic features: a case report.
Khan MA, Akella S.
Source
Staff Psychiatrist at the Greater Binghamton Health Center, Binghamton, New York; fourth year student, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, New York, New York.
Abstract
There has been considerable debate regarding the causal relationship between chronic cannabis abuse and psychiatric disorders. Clinicians agree that cannabis use can cause acute adverse mental effects that mimic psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Although there is good evidence to support this, the connections are complex and not fully understood.As the research in the endocannabinoid system is emerging, the neurobiological effects of cannabis are being evaluated in the development of psychiatric illness for those individuals who may be genetically vulnerable. Here we present a case of a college student who initially suffered from an acute psychotic breakdown secondary to cannabis abuse that manifested into bipolar disorder with psychosis.

[Cannabis and psychosis: search of a causal link through a critical and systematic review].
[Article in French]
Le Bec PY, Fatséas M, Denis C, Lavie E, Auriacombe M.
Source
Laboratoire de psychiatrie, EA4139, faculté de médecine Victor-Pachon, institut fédératif de recherche en santé publique, Inserm-IFR no 99, université Victor-Segalen Bordeaux-2, Bordeaux, France.
Abstract
RESULTS:
Together, the seven studies were all prospective cohorts and represented 50,275 human subjects. There were three European studies (from Sweden, Holland and Germany), one from New Zealand and one from Australia. Only one study of the seven did not show a significant association between cannabis consumption and increase of the risk of developing a psychosis. However, this study had some bias, such as low level of cannabis use and the lack of evaluation of cannabis use after inclusion. For the six other studies, data show the existence of a significant association between cannabis use and psychotic disorders (with an increased risk between 1.2 and 2.8 in Zammit et al.'s study), particularly among vulnerable individuals (that is with a prepsychotic state at the time of inclusion). Therefore, all the studies that assessed a dose-effect relationship showed this link between cannabis use and the emergence of psychosis or psychotic symptoms. The fact that all causal criteria were present in the studies suggests that cannabis use may be an independent risk factor for the development of psychosis. Results seem to be more consistent for vulnerable individuals with the hypothesis that cannabis use may precipitate psychosis, notably among vulnerable subjects. In particular, early onset of cannabis use during adolescence should be an environmental stressor that interacts with a genetic predisposition to induce a psychotic disorder.
CONCLUSION:
The objective of this article was to examine whether cannabis use can be an independent risk factor for chronic psychotic disorders, by using established criteria of causality. Data extracted from the selected studies showed that cannabis use may be an independent risk factor for the development of psychotic disorders. Early screening of the vulnerability to psychotic disorder should permit improved focus on prevention and information about the specific risks related to cannabis use among this population.

[Depersonalization after withdrawal from cannabis usage].
[Article in Hebrew]
Shufman E, Lerner A, Witztum E.
Source
Jerusalem Institute for Treatment of Substance Abuse and Co-Morbidity, Kfar Shaul Mental Health Center, Jerusalem.
Abstract
The phenomenon of depersonalization during cannabis usage (intoxication) is commonly known. However, its appearance after drug stoppage is relatively unknown. This article reviews the literature on depersonalization after cannabis withdrawal and discusses three representing cases demonstrating the severity of the problem. Clinical features are described as well as effects on functioning and the long-term nature of this disorder. The treatment approach in each case is also presented.

None of these studies show a causal link and none of them address your point about cell damage. The first two 'studies' are just anecdotes, the second uses hedging language (reasonably so) and mainly shows that it's probably not a good idea to let kids smoke pot. The last is again mere anecdote.

This post hardly supports your claim that "cannabis causes neuron damage and can cause or trigger early onset of many mental illnesses even after the first use". or this doozy "the countless amount of people who developed mental illness right after marijuana use".

Not saying that weed isn't harmful just that your claims are unsubstantiated.
post #878 of 5454
547335_4218867593215_463878513_n.jpg
post #879 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post

you hate facts and reality, don't you?

Bwaaaaaaa hhhaaaaa.

Come on he loves mirth and merriment just read this post.
post #880 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post

nvm not worth it. believe false things

Yeah good edit.
post #881 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

None of these studies show a causal link and none of them address your point aboiut cell damage. The first two 'studies' are just anecdotes, the second uses hedging language (reasonably so) and mainly shows that it's probably not a good idea to let kids smoke pot. and the last is again mere anecdote. This post hardly supports your claim that "cannabis causes neuron damage and can cause or trigger early onset of many mental illnesses even after the first use". or this doozy "the countless amount of people who developed mental illness right after marijuana use".
Not saying that weed isn't harmful just that your claims are unsubstantiated.

It's difficult to prove mental illness and it's mostly based in anecdotal evidence, but the data is accepted as accurate. The ones I posted are observations/results. If it's causing or triggering the illness, then a conclusion is drawn that the drug has done some type of damage which would allow the illness to continue. There's too much conflicting information because of groups trying to push an agenda. Neither of which I'm a part of. The information I obtained over a period of time made its way from unrelated research.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagutcow View Post

You really hate mirth and merriment, don't you?

No. sorry if i reacted rudely, but there have been many unusual die-offs and beaching cases lately so i've been on edge.
Edited by Nosu3 - 6/14/12 at 9:54am
post #882 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post

It's difficult to prove mental illness and it's mostly based in anecdotal evidence, but the data is accepted as accurate. The ones I posted are observations/results. If it's causing or triggering the illness, then a conclusion is drawn that the drug has done some type of damage which would allow the illness to continue. There's too much conflicting information because of groups trying to push an agenda. Neither of which I'm a part of. The information I obtained over a period of time made its way from unrelated research.

The data is accepted as accurate by who?

The if hasn't been established so the conclusions are more than suspect.

This more measured post is a far cry from your original claim that "cannabis causes neuron damage and can cause or trigger early onset of many mental illnesses even after the first use", and the completely unsubstantiated claim that countless people develop mental illness right after marijuana use.
post #883 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

I'm not much of a smoker these days, but I went a few years smoking almost daily back in college. I'm just as stupid and crazy now as I was when I was smoking, and even before I smoked. I do know people like you though who never seemed to recover, but, in my case, they were all prescription drug abusers as well, I never got into that garbage. So I always wrote off the perma-retardedness to that.

Could very well be. We also have to keep in mind that weed in the Netherlands isnt the woodstock of 69 kind anymore either, that stuff was harmless. THC levels have gone up dramatically the last two decades, and are now double I believe the international "standard" of today, which is also a bit stronger than back then.

On a more upbeat note, one of our political parties has questioned the use of the weedpass, citing that it causes more complaints from locals than before the introduction (duh). I guess its a matter of time before a repeal will debatable.
post #884 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

The data is accepted as accurate by who?
The if hasn't been established so the conclusions are more than suspect.
This more measured post is a far cry from your original claim that "cannabis causes neuron damage and can cause or trigger early onset of many mental illnesses even after the first use", and the completely unsubstantiated claim that countless people develop mental illness right after marijuana use.

I haven't looked again for the studies on neuron damage but it's one of the suggestive damages that would contribute to mental illness. The data is accepted in the scientific community... barely any mental illness can be proven, let alone proven that marijuana caused it. This doesn't mean mental illness doesn't exist, it's still accepted. The studies are based on anecdotal evidence and first-hand accounts that are not dismissed. So if mental illness is arising during or directly after use (as accepted by many first-hand accounts), then some type of damage is being done for the brain to malfunction into illness. Then there are theories as to how it happens, which is where neuron damage studies come in.
post #885 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

I'm not much of a smoker these days, but I went a few years smoking almost daily back in college. I'm just as stupid and crazy now as I was when I was smoking, and even before I smoked. I do know people like you though who never seemed to recover, but, in my case, they were all prescription drug abusers as well, I never got into that garbage. So I always wrote off the perma-retardedness to that.

In your case ,it might be genetics...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.