I'm guessing you're a bottle of wine and two martinis in by this point, so let me break it down for you:
- So one day and one hour ago, brokencycle posted something Elizabeth Warren said (re: the nomination of a Supreme Court justice) which has been making the rounds on the internet. Judging from what I know of brokencycle (right-libertarian IT-type dork who doesn't realize he's never had a particularly deep thought in his life), he posted this as a supposedly stupid political thing, in the spirit of this thread.
- Englade321, possibly taking brokencycle's post as being a straightforward endorsement of Warren's quotation, chimed in--with a little too much zeal re: the GOP's preemptive recalcitrance. At which point you, Piob, chimed in with your tired "penumbra" joke (pro-tip: Griswold v. Connecticut was in 1965; maybe it's time you practiced a second joke about Constitutional interpretation?).
- Munchausen (and, more importantly, his avatar) came by and pointed out the obvious re: Englande321's overly enthusiastic tendentiousness, at which point you threw out a banal phatic gesture + emoji, the point of which was probably to imply your endorsement of munchausen's comment. This was followed by a similar but slightly less phatic response about how nothing had changed 'round these CE parts yuck yuck.
- Lawyerdad then pointed out that this entire political clusterfuck was initiated (or, at least, initiated once we all witnessed the results of Obama commissioning a ninja to smother Scalia in his sleep) in part by Cruz's cry for preemptive recalcitrance--which was the pith of Englade321's less informed/qualified take on Senator Warren's quotation, in which case we really have circled around without learning anything yuck yuck.
- And then lighthouse contributed his usual assclown imbecility.
That's pretty much it, really. I'm on sabbatical so I'm happy to summarize things every now and again, but I can't do it all the time because I've really gotta get back to writing my boring book that nobody will read. So take it easy on those martinis.