or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 304

post #4546 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
 
I don't doubt that you are absolutely convinced that you are correct. If only the rest of us could see the truth. The world would be a better place.

I would like to read your posts, but many of them take on too many topics at once. Thus, they are too long for us to review during working hours. Also, when the insults start to fly, many of us sense a flame war and skip the post.

 

Thank you, I'm so glad you're on board (now that was trolling). I don't think I am correct in the absolute; just that my line of thought is at least moving in the right direction. No one is always right; I am not suggesting that.

 

I appreciate that some of my posts might be too long for people in your position (reading on the fly), but that doesn't automatically make me wrong.

post #4547 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

LOL. Look, you can side with intelligent, wise, thoughtful adults, or you can carry on. It's up to you.

You say you can 'destroy' what he so excellently articulates. Many, many, many, many, many studies have concluded capitalism makes life worse for humanity if unregulated.

Lets take some of this guys basis premises...
1. People are idiots who will not keep up on things that affect their lives nor do they desire to do so
Lets take this on face value even though I disagree with it.
2. People will act selfishly always be it individually or in groups.
I can go with that.

Now a free market is bad because people are sheep and the companies will abuse that because they act selfishly putting people lives in danger etc. Because people will not investigate properly the companies nor products.
Whence we need the the gov ie the sheperd to heavily regulate companies so as to protect the sheep from the evil wolves.
My main problem is the sheperds will become the wolves themselves because the populace still does not investigate and blindly trusts.
You are simply changing who has the power the people still suffer.
Besides the weird guy in uruguay find me a poor politician and I highly doubt the leaders in venezuela are short on toilet paper.
post #4548 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Seriously? Because Ayn Rand crystallized what many right-wing/conservatives believe in: Putting yourself first at all moral cost, and only helping others, if it directly improves your life.

Actually, those who identify as conservatives and libertarians donate far more to charity than liberals. Most of us are very charitable folks, we just don't brag about it, we just help people because it is the right thing to do, and we don't like doing it with a gun to our head.
post #4549 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

It's funny how I retort to everything you jerkoffs can think off with intellectual discussion,

Funniest (and least true) thing I've read in CE all year. Well done.
post #4550 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

LOL. Look, you can side with intelligent, wise, thoughtful adults, or you can carry on. It's up to you.

You say you can 'destroy' what he so excellently articulates. Many, many, many, many, many studies have concluded capitalism makes life worse for humanity if unregulated.


Lets take some of this guys basis premises...


1. People are idiots who will not keep up on things that affect their lives nor do they desire to do so.

 

Lets take this on face value even though I disagree with it.


2. People will act selfishly always be it individually or in groups.


I can go with that.

Now, a free market is bad, because people are sheep, and the companies will abuse them, because they act selfishly--putting people's lives in danger, etc. Because people will not investigate companies or products properly.
Hence, we need the the gov i.e. the shepherd, to heavily regulate companies so as to protect the sheep from the evil wolves.


My main problem is: The shepherds will become the wolves themselves, because the populace still does not investigate and blindly trusts.


You are simply changing who has the power the people still suffer. Besides, the weird guy in Uruguay, find me a poor politician, and I highly doubt the leaders in Venezuela are short on toilet paper.

 

This is why I'm a Marxist, and believe in handing the economic power over to the workers and not the government (which, may I remind you all for the umpteenth time, has nothing to do with socialism). Secondly, I never said people are dumb for not investigating all corporations. Hell, I don't; you don't.

post #4551 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 
Actually, those who identify as conservatives and libertarians donate far more to charity than liberals. Most of us are very charitable folks. We just don't brag about it; we just help people, because it is the right thing to do, and we don't like doing it with a gun to our head.

 

Show me numbers. I know you can't, because it's not true.

 

So, if conservatives are so charitable, why do they more often than not fight policies which help the poor, etc.? I think you're just a big, fat phoney.

post #4552 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Show me numbers. I know you can't, because it's not true.

So, if you're so charitable, why do you more often than not fight policies which help the poor, etc., etc.? I think you're just a big, fat phoney.

There's reams of data showing those right of center are more charitable than those left of center. It obviously freaked a bunch of lefties out but they finally came up with a retort. If charitable giving to religious institutions were removed from the universe of "charitable giving" then the lefties in aggregate caught up to the righties. So now the conversation is based around secular donations, which is of course completely disingenuous, but more importantly it seems to help lefties regain their feeling of smugness.
post #4553 of 5454

Show me numbers, and I'll concede. Why would conservatives give to charities, but constantly fight against living in a society? It's madness.

post #4554 of 5454
Typical lazy socialist wanting others to do your work for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=who+gives+the+most+to+charity

Very first hit? The Philanthropy Roundtable.
Quote:
A strong pattern that makes some commentators uneasy is the fact that, as Brooks put it, “the electoral map and the charity map are remarkably similar.” Or to quote the Chronicle of Philanthropy’s 2012 summary of its giving research, “the eight states that ranked highest voted for John McCain in the last presidential contest...while the seven lowest-ranking states supported Barack Obama.

What a damning statement by the good folks at the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
post #4555 of 5454

All I found were sources, that said billionaires tend to give more to charity. Ah-doi.

 

Haha, socialism isn't about having other people do things for you; that's capitalism. Capitalists get the workers to build their company for them, and take all the benefits. Socialism is about giving that power the capitalists hold to the workers. No macroeconomics have to change. I'm not surprised you don't know what socialism is, though; you're an American (and, apparently, a CEO).

post #4556 of 5454

Looks like it has more to do with being richer and tax benefits. What a surprise. Both liberals and conservatives give in equal amounts.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/mar/31/business/la-fi-mh-conservatives-or-liberals-20140331

post #4557 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Looks like it has more to do with being richer and tax benefits. What a surprise. Both liberals and conservatives give in equal amounts.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/mar/31/business/la-fi-mh-conservatives-or-liberals-20140331

Not what your link says:
Quote:
What the MIT researchers did find, however, was that conservatives give more to religious organizations, such as their own churches, and liberals more to secular recipients. Conservatives may give more overall, MIT says, but that's because they tend to be richer, so they have more money to give and get a larger tax benefit from giving it. (One of the things that makes social scientists skeptical of the benchmark survey Brooks used, in fact, is that it somehow concluded that liberals are richer than conservatives.)

The degree of religious contribution is important, because a 2007 study by Indiana University found that only 10% to 25% of church donations end up being spent on social welfare purposes, of which assistance to the poor is only a subset. In other words, if you think of "giving" as "giving to the poor," a lot of the money donated by conservatives may be missing the target.

And just like I said lefties want to break out the universe of "charitable giving" to "secular giving" or "social welfare giving" as the term this article uses. I am enjoying how you want to grab onto something that you feel contradicts the reams of data out there you will disagree with, and that even what you have linked here, shows things are pretty much as I said. Righties tend to give more, lefties get butthurt, and have to massage things to regain their innate smugness.

Thank you for being predictable. smile.gif
post #4558 of 5454
Quote:
...but that's because they tend to be richer, so they have more money to give, and get a larger tax benefit from giving it.

 

Feeds right back into my Ayn Rand point. Conservatives are also more likely to be religious, too, and giving to a church is seen as donating to charity in that data even though a church in itself isn't a charity. How the hell do you own a company? You are literally too dumb.

post #4559 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Feeds right back into my Ayn Rand point. Conservatives are also more likely to be religious, too, and giving to a church is seen as donating to charity in that data even though a church in itself isn't a charity. How the hell do you own a company? You are literally too dumb.

I am literally too dumb. Proof is I keep talking to you.

And again, you're just regurg'ing what I've already said would be the lefty response to data they don't like.
post #4560 of 5454
The first I linked to because it is the Huffington Post, a source you should love. The second is specifically about presidential politicians. It turns out Al Gore and John Kerry donations to charity were rounding errors, while George Bush donated on average 10% of his income. I know this is anecdotal, but it reinforces the statistics: the evil hate the poor conservatives like the Bushes give money to charity at a far higher rate than Democratic candidates.


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/giving-back-_n_3781505.html

https://www.gordon.edu/ace/pdf/Spr07BRGrinols.pdf
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.