or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 282

post #4216 of 5465

The first social awareness of socialism was in the 1820s/30s. Please stop handing me reasons, to call you an idiot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialism#Early_socialism

 

Socialism doesn't force people to conform to anything. That is a false stereotype (and a stupid one) perpetuated since the 1940s in America, to make an enemy of communists. By whom? Capitalists.

 

You don't understand socialism. Please, go and educate yourself for your own benefit.

post #4217 of 5465
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

The first social awareness of socialism was in the 1820s/30s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialism#Early_socialism

Socialism doesn't force people to conform to anything. That is a false stereotype (and a stupid one) perpetuated since the 1940s in America, to make an enemy of communists. By whom? Capitalists.

You don't understand socialism. Please, go and educate yourself for your own benefit.

Argh, you've cited wikipedia. Curses! I guess I'll have to concede.
post #4218 of 5465

Was that intelligent admittance or dumb sarcasm?

post #4219 of 5465
I thought it was rather intelligent sarcasm, mocking you for thinking wikipedia is a legitimate source. They don't let you use that on your term papers at University, do they?
post #4220 of 5465

post #4221 of 5465
Socialism: we came for the equality, we stayed for the poverty.
post #4222 of 5465

The reason idiots--I mean people--think socialism and poverty are synonymous is because of the state capitalism in Russia after the first world war and under Stalin (a dictator of a fascist government), and because of the rampant anti-communist propaganda spread by capitalists in the 1940s/50s. Before this time, socialism was a very popular idea (and still is with intelligent people).

 

After the first world war, the Bolcheviques (very small number of revolutionary socialists) overthrew the government in Russia. Russia was very poor after losing the first world war, so any economic system would have taken flak from myopic idiots during that time. Unfortunately, it is still the reason right-wing, uneducated, unthinking people think socialism has anything to do with poverty.

 

Russia is more synonymous with poverty, than it having anything to do with socialism.

 

The hilarious (well, sad) thing is: You'd all be extremely happy, if you lived in a socialist society, as you'd all be better-paid, and you'd have a much higher standard of living. The current debt capitalism we live with doesn't allow much social progression.

post #4223 of 5465
Are you a college freshman?
post #4224 of 5465

Ah, the usual college freshmen insults. Oh, how I expected thee.

post #4225 of 5465
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

The hilarious (well, sad) thing is: You'd all be extremely happy, if you lived in a socialist society, as you'd all be better-paid, and you'd have a much higher standard of living. The current debt capitalism we live with doesn't allow much social progression.

Tell me more about this. Why would I be better paid and have a high standard of living?
post #4226 of 5465

Thank you for asking a question, first of all.

 

When the workers own and run companies, they are far more likely to give staff a better wage, as they themselves are the staff, and therefore have a vested interest in being paid better. They don't have to pay a CEO or pander to shareholders, either, and, with every single person in the company having a say on how the company makes and uses its profits, there is statistically more chance of the company being moral, and giving better company benefits like pension contributions, etc.

 

That, in itself, would raise your standard of living, but I'll give you some more.

 

Because wealth is then being more evenly distributed, and because there is statistically more chance of companies being more ethical, you will see far less homelessness, you will see far less child labour (because labour will be kept inside the country, to keep staff employed), far less unemployment, less tax evasion, less chemical dumping (like with fracking), more green energy use, etc., etc. which has a direct impact on that society's standard of living.

 

It's quite simple.

post #4227 of 5465
I'm the CEO of my organization.

Tell me again how my life will improve...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Thank you for asking a question, first of all.

When the workers own and run companies, they are far more likely to give staff a better wage, as they themselves are the staff, and therefore have a vested interest in being paid better. They don't have to pay a CEO or pander to shareholders, either, and, with every single person in the company having a say on how the company makes and uses its profits, there is statistically more chance of the company being moral, and giving better company benefits like pension contributions, etc.

That, in itself, would raise your standard of living, but I'll give you some more.

Because wealth is then being more evenly distributed, and because there is statistically more chance of companies being more ethical, you will see far less homelessness, you will see far less child labour (because labour will be kept inside the country, to keep staff employed), far less unemployment, less tax evasion, less chemical dumping (like with fracking), more green energy use, etc., etc. which has a direct impact on that society's standard of living.

It's quite simple.
post #4228 of 5465
The governments of most ,if not all, developed countrie are a combination of both socialism and capitalism . They only vary as to the degree they lean left or right. You two are arguing as if they are polar . This denies the possibility of a conclusion and thus places it the realm of mental masterbation
post #4229 of 5465
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

The governments of most ,if not all, developed countrie are a combination of both socialism and capitalism . They only vary as to the degree they lean left or right. You two are arguing as if they are polar . This denies the possibility of a conclusion and thus places it the realm of mental masterbation

This is the correct answer. Even socialists now understand market forces create wealth. Good government creates an effective social safety net while allowing market forces to create wealth and tax it to pay for the social safety net.
post #4230 of 5465

Haha, you'll be paid less, and you'd have a chance of being voted out of management (as you could still have office hierarchy in a co-op), but the society you live in would have a much greater standard of living overall, so you would still see huge benefits.

 

You'd have to learn to live with the idea that mass profit and the abuse on the poor is not the end goal--not suggesting you do that in your company--and that bringing up the poorest among us makes us all better off.

 

In a socialist society, everyone overall are much better paid, there is far less unemployment, and there is less chance of tax evasion (US corporations more-often-than-not pay 0% corporation tax) which generates a much stronger economy. This, ironically, is what so many people have been taught to believe they should be against. The same people who teach them that this way is wrong are the ones who are fucking them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.