or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 274

post #4096 of 5454
The thing of it is they wouldn't learn it if it were taught to them anyway. Someone who complains about "not being taught" something is the kind of person you could sit down in front of a TV with Mr. Wizard and Bill Nye and they still wouldn't understand that water is wet. These people are barely-functioning retards. They are middle management losers and always will be. foo.gif
post #4097 of 5454
Some serious microaggressions in that post. Relying on someone's "parents" -- as if everyone had two parents, or even one -- produces unequal results. Parents who care more about their kids give their kids an unfair advantage in life by teaching them things. What the government ought to do is tax those "responsible" parents more to level the playing field.
post #4098 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Some serious microaggressions in that post. Relying on someone's "parents" -- as if everyone had two parents, or even one -- produces unequal results. Parents who care more about their kids give their kids an unfair advantage in life by teaching them things. What the government ought to do is tax those "responsible" parents more to level the playing field.

Was it Mayor Daley who started a program to ship poor kids books after he read heard about a study where kids who grew up with more books in the house did better in school?
post #4099 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Was it Mayor Daley who started a program to ship poor kids books after he read heard about a study where kids who grew up with more books in the house did better in school?

Books are also excellent instruments of domestic abuse leaving no visible marks..

Good move.
post #4100 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Books are also excellent instruments of domestic abuse leaving no visible marks..

Good move.

What kind of a father are you!?

(you left that one open ☺)
post #4101 of 5454
I'm not sure where this is most appropriate, but I think it works here.

If I have to read one more overwrought Facebook declaration from a Southerner about the interplay between the Confederate battle flag and their Southernness that concludes with any variation on "take it down," I'm going to secede from life.

Also, for the dramatic non-Southerners out there, if you browbeat us with the history of our fair region, racism, and That Flag, you would be well served not to call it "the stars and bars," lest your expose your selective, ignorant study of Southern history.

For the record, I think it's silly to continue to fly a Confederate flag over government grounds, and I have no problem with taking them down. I just can't take any more of the histrionics. We're all cool with taking it down; let's move on.
post #4102 of 5454
Careful, G, DU is gunning for Dixie now: http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026889526
post #4103 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Careful, G, DU is gunning for Dixie now: http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026889526

But a surprising number of dissenters.

I try to encourage hatred of the south as much as possible. That way, blue state hippie hipsters will stay away, and we can enjoy proper civilization.
post #4104 of 5454
An opportunity for everybody to come together and they turned it into a divisive crusade to pull down a war memorial. Why am I not surprised?

Did Obama pretend to cry again?
post #4105 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

But a surprising number of dissenters.

I try to encourage hatred of the south as much as possible. That way, blue state hippie hipsters will stay away, and we can enjoy proper civilization.
If you was a coonass the muhsketters would do that for you
post #4106 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Careful, G, DU is gunning for Dixie now: http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026889526

This is delightful. Every time I come back and check the link again it gets just a little more magical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

If you was a coonass the muhsketters would do that for you

Where are you from?
post #4107 of 5454
Next DU target is "Good Ole Boy".

Has anybody ever met a Good Ole Boy that wasn't a racist?
post #4108 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post


Where are you from?
Between Grosse Tete and Big Mamou
post #4109 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

Next DU target is "Good Ole Boy".

Has anybody ever met a Good Ole Boy that wasn't a racist?

I can think of a couple who didn't mean no harm. Unfortunately for them, it appears they'll be evading corrupt local officials on foot from here on out.
Quote:
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/national/no-more-general-lee-after-confederate-flag-uproar/nmj7j/

No more General Lee after Confederate flag uproar

...

Now toy versions of the iconic orange Dodge Charger will end production. Yahoo Autos contacted Warner Bros. Consumer products about the General Lee's future.

The studio told the site:
Quote:
Warner Bros. Consumer Products has one licensee producing die-cast replicas and vehicle model kits featuring the General Lee with the confederate flag on its roof - as seen in the TV series. We have elected to cease the licensing of these product categories.

...

The Vulture reported that shirts will still be able to be purchased, but the flag will not be visible.

...
post #4110 of 5454
Amazon, Wal-Mart, eBay, and other retailers (I'm sure) are banning anything with the flag on it that isn't condemning it in some way.

If I wasn't sure it would get my car vandalized, I'd get a bumper sticker with it while I still can.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.