or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 234

post #3496 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

How fucking poor is Fang?

I am rich in other things, such as good looks, and charm. bigstar[1].gif
post #3497 of 5454
As usual income is getting mistaken for wealth. Go look at Sweden, and compare their Gini for income vs their Gini for net worth, and the difference will be clear.
post #3498 of 5454
So by that rationale, the West should abolish welfare. I mean, if you make $8,000 a year in America, who cares if you are homeless and have four kids, you're still wealthier than 80% of the world.
post #3499 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

30k will put you in the top 1% in the world, so 2.5 times as much as someone in the top 1% isn't rich? Bullshit.

30k puts one person at 3.6%.

30k for a family of four is 14.4%.

http://www.givingwhatwecan.org/why-give/how-rich-am-i
post #3500 of 5454
post #3501 of 5454
HB, i'm disgusted that you would even link to a site like that.
post #3502 of 5454
Munch, please punch that person for me.
post #3503 of 5454
That Obama picture had to be trollery. Please tell me it's trollery.
post #3504 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post


uhoh.gif
post #3505 of 5454
I am so posting that on my wall icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3506 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

As usual income is getting mistaken for wealth. Go look at Sweden, and compare their Gini for income vs their Gini for net worth, and the difference will be clear.

Perhaps so, but if you look at what I actually wrote there is no conflict. "if as an individual you pull in 75k and you are not rich, then you must be doing something pretty fucked up with your money." Sure you can piss 75k a year up the wall, but that takes a lot of pissing. Also in this context I think we can assume that we are talking about an American who makes 75k.
post #3507 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

So by that rationale, the West should abolish welfare. I mean, if you make $8,000 a year in America, who cares if you are homeless and have four kids, you're still wealthier than 80% of the world.

Reductio ad absurdum
post #3508 of 5454
..
post #3509 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Perhaps so, but if you look at what I actually wrote there is no conflict. "if as an individual you pull in 75k and you are not rich, then you must be doing something pretty fucked up with your money." Sure you can piss 75k a year up the wall, but that takes a lot of pissing. Also in this context I think we can assume that we are talking about an American who makes 75k.

You cannot assume there is no conflict. If you come from a poor family in the US, have student loans, went to work in a high cost of living area, between that and taxes, your disposable income is negligible. That's just one fast example. 75k and not rich does not mean you are pissing away your money.
post #3510 of 5454
Brewster spent $30 million in one month to get his real inheritance of $300 million. $75k is a tame weekend in Hoboken.

Edit - also pretty sure Carter was smarter than Obama. And Reagan is more beloved. Washington was almost certainly our most competent and Clinton "feels your pain" so he is most caring.

Also, Obama is only half black.

And Lincoln was probably more hated by a minority of Americans.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.