or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 202

post #3016 of 5454
nevermind
post #3017 of 5454
Ewww. A pox on all their houses.
post #3018 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

This showed up in my feed just now.


A group that should legally be allowed to continue what it's currently doing? nod[1].gif
post #3019 of 5454


I'm all for not discriminating against people because of their ethnic origin, but this incident raises a meaningful question about our immigration policy. It shouldn't be considered "racist" to consider whether allowing people to come to our country from certain parts of the world is really in our best interest or not. Maybe we decide this is a fluke and it doesn't mean we need to change anything. But we should have the conversation.
post #3020 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post



I'm all for not discriminating against people because of their ethnic origin, but this incident raises a meaningful question about our immigration policy. It shouldn't be considered "racist" to consider whether allowing people to come to our country from certain parts of the world is really in our best interest or not. Maybe we decide this is a fluke and it doesn't mean we need to change anything. But we should have the conversation.
This really is stupid. Who ever would have thought a country of 300 million people may produce a handful of evil people.
post #3021 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


I'm all for not discriminating against people because of their ethnic origin, but this incident raises a meaningful question about our immigration policy. It shouldn't be considered "racist" to consider whether allowing people to come to our country from certain parts of the world is really in our best interest or not. Maybe we decide this is a fluke and it doesn't mean we need to change anything. But we should have the conversation.

Really?
post #3022 of 5454
Yeah remember what happened with those 20 guys who just strolled into the country back in 2001?
post #3023 of 5454
^^^

Petition started for Ataturk to get an avatar.
post #3024 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

This really is stupid. Who ever would have thought a country of 300 million people may produce a handful of evil people.

It also excludes all the various immigrants/visa holders that committed violent acts, if we're trying to be fair about this.
post #3025 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

It also excludes all the various immigrants/visa holders that committed violent acts, if we're trying to be fair about this.
And totally ignores any immigrant that had committed violent acts in their home countries.
post #3026 of 5454
post #3027 of 5454
Not on Facebook, but I saw a bumper sticker on a piece of shit old ass Hyundai today that had a confederate flag and said "We fought the original war against terrorism" facepalm.gif
post #3028 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Not on Facebook, but I saw a bumper sticker on a piece of shit old ass Hyundai today that had a confederate flag and said "We fought the original war against terrorism" facepalm.gif

Certain folks from the South always amaze me. I knew a girl from the deep South and she once told me she was about 16 when she finally figured out the South lost the war. I have wondered ever since how common that is and how the war is spoken of in certain circles there.
post #3029 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Certain folks from the South always amaze me. I knew a girl from the deep South and she once told me she was about 16 when she finally figured out the South lost the war. I have wondered ever since how common that is and how the war is spoken of in certain circles there.

Wait, what?
post #3030 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Certain folks from the South always amaze me. I knew a girl from the deep South and she once told me she was about 16 when she finally figured out the South lost the war. I have wondered ever since how common that is and how the war is spoken of in certain circles there.

I doubt very many people think the South won, even among the least educated. However, there's this weird strain of neo-confederate that doesn't just say "the war was about more than slavery" but that "the war had nothing to do with slavery", which is something that is contradicted by even the most cursory examination of the facts. It's still only the second most offensive neo-confederate position (the first being "slavery wasn't that bad/blacks were better off on plantations") but it's just really frustrating to listen to.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.