or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 194

post #2896 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

The years of struggle for modest success could have been circumvented and I could have just started out a pompous asshole were I able to.
No matter how disenfranchised at birth, it has not stopped you from succeeding spectacularly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

Don't get me wrong, he might resent you, but your assumption that he does...

Assumption? Oh, don't be silly. Everyone wants this. Everyone wants to be ... us.
Edited by RSS - 4/4/13 at 4:13am
post #2897 of 5454
And except for Horns, I think you've all forgotten just who I am:

post #2898 of 5454
^

That pic has always creeped me out. Doesn't fail to every time someone posts it.
post #2899 of 5454
post #2900 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale View Post

^

That pic has always creeped me out.
As Martha says, "That's a good thing."
post #2901 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajak View Post


Ugh. I'm against gay marriage for the same reason I'm against interracial marriage and the same reason im against straight marriage, it should have nothing to do with the government. Go fuck whoever (or whatever, or how ever many) you want, but it's none of my business and I'm tired of paying taxes to support you people.
post #2902 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post

No matter how disenfranchised at birth, it has not stopped you from succeeding spectacularly.
Assumption? Oh, don't be silly. Everyone wants this. Everyone wants to be ... us.

I don't know who "us" is (I'm assuming it's rich)....but again, your assumption says more about your own insecurities than anything else.

Anyway, from CNN today:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/04/justice/ny-robbery-cop/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Gotta love the caption:


Quote:
Alleged crooked NYPD officer Jose Tejada's service revolver which was allegedly used in a hold-up
post #2903 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

I don't know who "us" is (I'm assuming it's rich)....but again, your assumption says more about your own insecurities than anything else.

Anyway, from CNN today:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/04/justice/ny-robbery-cop/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Gotta love the caption:


I think that's the first time I've seen a glock described as another weapon. Usually, it's every other type of weapon being described as a glock lol8[1].gif
post #2904 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

I don't know who "us" is (I'm assuming it's rich)....
Both lines you have commented upon are dialogue from books/films. In one instance, classic, and in the other, recent. In both cases, it was assumed that the person reading/hearing would comprehend the arrogance and react against it. You did. Bravo.



And as it's a tread with lots of talk about dumb memes. See above.
Edited by RSS - 4/5/13 at 3:25pm
post #2905 of 5454
This gem popped up again:


I pointed out that there's no way those numbers are actually "hours per week", since that's be $3k/month in rent in the more expensive states. Someone responded with "However, putting it as "a week" gives context to the hours. Also while most people need to have roommates, you should be able to afford your own dwelling if you choose without killing yourself with work."

The first part doesn't make any sense, and for the second...why? A minimum wage worker should be able to afford their own apartment with no roommates? Is that some natural right I haven't heard about?
post #2906 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Ugh. I'm against gay marriage for the same reason I'm against interracial marriage and the same reason im against straight marriage, it should have nothing to do with the government. Go fuck whoever (or whatever, or how ever many) you want, but it's none of my business and I'm tired of paying taxes to support you people.

There's a lot more in the legal package of marriage than just tax benefits. End the tax breaks if you want (although removing the inheritance passing to your spouse tax waiver would be a travesty), but keep all the other stuff at least. It's hard enough to live with somebody your whole life, we need the help. happy.gif
post #2907 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

There's a lot more in the legal package of marriage than just tax benefits. End the tax breaks if you want (although removing the inheritance passing to your spouse tax waiver would be a travesty), but keep all the other stuff at least. It's hard enough to live with somebody your whole life, we need the help. happy.gif

Strip away the tax benefits and make the rest a contract that can be entered into by any combination of consenting adults.
post #2908 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

There's a lot more in the legal package of marriage than just tax benefits. End the tax breaks if you want (although removing the inheritance passing to your spouse tax waiver would be a travesty), but keep all the other stuff at least. It's hard enough to live with somebody your whole life, we need the help. happy.gif

Well, I'm an idealistic libertarianish guy so I'd definitely end inheritance taxes.

Of course it's not up to me so I guess if we have to put up with breeders getting married we should let the homosexuals get married too.

Plus it's a whole new field of business for me when they get divorced.
post #2909 of 5454
Ugh. I'd forgotten how gross RSS is, and I could have happily lived out the rest of my days without ever being reminded.
post #2910 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post

Both lines you have commented upon are dialogue from books/films. In one instance, classic, and in the other, recent. In both cases, it was assumed that the person reading/hearing would comprehend the arrogance and react against it. You did. Bravo.


I feel so foolish for never having watched Devils Wears Prada. This embarrassment has taught me my proper place in life. Bravo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.