or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 189

post #2821 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheobscure View Post

fucking malingerer

I deserve fundamental human rights!
post #2822 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I deserve fundamental human rights!

Lawyers are human?
post #2823 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I deserve fundamental human rights!

Lawyers are human?

Racist!

/ foo.gif
post #2824 of 5454
post #2825 of 5454

How is that stupid?

post #2826 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

How is that stupid?

Let's see - I'll assume you don't know anything about my politics and I'll just leave it at that if you don't.

Now - how is it stupid....

Airplanes don't fly themselves. If you leave one fueled up on a tarmac, it will not take off without a pilot. However, without one, you probably can't transport a few hundred people across the Atlantic Ocean in under 10 hours.

Guns don't kill people. Someone needs to shoot one. Without a shooter, the gun will just sit there.

However, a violent person without access to a gun would have more trouble in an effort to efficiently kill a large crowd of people before being subdued, and certainly would need to premeditate the attack much better.

It's stupid because it's obvious and would never change someone's mind who does not believe the second amendment is meant to protect the individual liberty of gun ownership by responsible citizens.
post #2827 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post

Let's see - I'll assume you don't know anything about my politics and I'll just leave it at that if you don't.

Now - how is it stupid....

Airplanes don't fly themselves. If you leave one fueled up on a tarmac, it will not take off without a pilot. However, without one, you probably can't transport a few hundred people across the Atlantic Ocean in under 10 hours.

Guns don't kill people. Someone needs to shoot one. Without a shooter, the gun will just sit there.

However, a violent person without access to a gun would have more trouble in an effort to efficiently kill a large crowd of people before being subdued, and certainly would need to premeditate the attack much better.

It's stupid because it's obvious and would never change someone's mind who does not believe the second amendment is meant to protect the individual liberty of gun ownership by responsible citizens.

Yeah basically. For some reason I get more annoyed by people I agree with using bad, facile rhetoric than people I disagree with using it.
post #2828 of 5454
Because it damages our credibility and we have no control over it. Same reason I despise all the truthers, birthers, etc. that call themselves "libertarian" when they are just conspiracy theorist, racist nut-jobs.
post #2829 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

How is that stupid?

However, a violent person without access to a gun would have more trouble in an effort to efficiently kill a large crowd of people before being subdued, and certainly would need to premeditate the attack much better.

It's stupid because it's obvious, and would never change someone's mind who does not believe the second amendment is meant to protect the individual liberty of gun ownership by responsible citizens.

 

So, wait, you're pro gun control or against? Honestly, I have no idea why Americans insist on owning guns. That aside, I have no major qualms with a non-crazy, trained, licensed person owning one. The obvious fact is: Too many crazy people get their hands on guns all too easily. Yeah, if it was all on the black market, it would be a different case entirely.

 

If your point is, like you said, that it is stupid within it's own parameters--IE, it's stupid, because it won't change a gun freaks mind--then how is that anything other than obvious (as you put it)? It's not stupid. This thread is in serious violation of miss-naming.

post #2830 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post

It's stupid because it's obvious and would never change someone's mind who does not believe the second amendment is meant to protect the individual liberty of gun ownership by responsible citizens.

You have to give him some points for cleverness, though. It's certainly a notch above most op-ed page attempts at satire.
post #2831 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

So, wait, you're pro gun control or against? Honestly, I have no idea why Americans insist on owning guns. That aside, I have no major qualms with a non-crazy, trained, licensed person owning one. The obvious fact is: Too many crazy people get their hands on guns all too easily. Yeah, if it was all on the black market, it would be a different case entirely.

If your point is, like you said, that it is stupid within it's own parameters--IE, it's stupid, because it won't change a gun freaks mind--then how is that anything other than obvious (as you put it)? It's not stupid. This thread is in serious violation of miss-naming.

It's a stupid argument because literally no one thinks guns are walking around killing people by themselves, and it does nothing to argue the point gun control advocates are really making: that guns make it much easier for humans to kill other humans. It's such a facilely stupid argument that it ends up hurting the cause it's designed to support.
post #2832 of 5454
And it does not matter whether Ron is pro-gun, anti-gun, or anywhere in between. What you fail to grasp is one's position is really moot when dissecting whether something is stupid.
post #2833 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

So, wait, you're pro gun control or against? Honestly, I have no idea why Americans insist on owning guns. That aside, I have no major qualms with a non-crazy, trained, licensed person owning one. The obvious fact is: Too many crazy people get their hands on guns all too easily. Yeah, if it was all on the black market, it would be a different case entirely.

If your point is, like you said, that it is stupid within it's own parameters--IE, it's stupid, because it won't change a gun freaks mind--then how is that anything other than obvious (as you put it)? It's not stupid. This thread is in serious violation of miss-naming.

It's a stupid argument, because literally no one thinks guns are walking around killing people by themselves, and it does nothing to argue the point gun control advocates are really making: That guns make it much easier for humans to kill other humans. It's such a facilely stupid argument, that it ends up hurting the cause it's designed to support.

 

I see what you're saying. The argument (or half-joke) is an obvious cliche, but the fact of the matter is: Guns do not kill people. That is the point of the post, no matter how cliche, so I don't see how it can be called stupid. Use better words for describing--like obvious or cliched--that's all I'm saying.

post #2834 of 5454
No, it's stupid because it's a lie. Nobody put a loaded shotgun on his front porch for a day. If you have to lie to make your point then you're stupid.
post #2835 of 5454

Well, then 100% of people are stupid, stupid.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.