or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 149

post #2221 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


Both deadly shog[1].gif
post #2222 of 5454



If for every insipid facebook graphic made, there was instead a good deed accomplished, the world would be a much better place.
post #2223 of 5454
I really wanted to make that thumbs up have a comment that said "If every thumbs up was instead a good deed, the world might be a better place."

But no more thumb comments frown.gif
post #2224 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAP View Post

I really wanted to make that thumbs up have a comment that said "If every thumbs up was instead a good deed, the world might be a better place."
But no more thumb comments frown.gif

All things that were once secreted away in the ShadowForvm must be brought to the light, even if that means ruining a self-referential joak.

I thought of a better response:
Quote:
If David McAfee had taken the money he spent self-publishing his writings at vanity presses and given it directly to charity, the world would most certainly be a MUCH better place.

Ooooh… SNAP! I liked that one so much I posted it as a response to the original status on the "BetterOffDamned" facebook page.
post #2225 of 5454
Very true...
post #2226 of 5454
post #2227 of 5454
People have a weird obsession with Congressional pay.
post #2228 of 5454
Not doing the FB thing could you guys answer a serious question: does anyone ever post something intelligent about politics on FB?
post #2229 of 5454
I do.
post #2230 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Not doing the FB thing could you guys answer a serious question: does anyone ever post something intelligent about politics on FB?

The percentage of thoughtful political facebook posts is about the same as the percentage of thoughtful political bumper stickers.
post #2231 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Not doing the FB thing could you guys answer a serious question: does anyone ever post something intelligent about politics on FB?

i wouldn't go quite that far, but anything expressed in one of those glib little facebook graphics is almost assuredly idiotic.

Has anything described in a facebook chain letter ever been remotely true?
post #2232 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

People have a weird obsession with Congressional pay.

Its a double standard. Congress is absolutely useless yet both parties blame the other side for its woes. Best is to penalize them where it hurts.
post #2233 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

People have a weird obsession with Congressional pay.

Its a double standard. Congress is absolutely useless yet both parties blame the other side for its woes. Best is to penalize them where it hurts.

In CA, there had some bill that withheld state leaderspay if no budget passed. There was bi-partisan support to kill the bill
post #2234 of 5454
Somewhat counterintuitively, political discourse on twitter is a hell of a lot smarter than FB. Or maybe its not that counterintuitive considering my pregnant-at-19 FB friends dont use twitter..
post #2235 of 5454
Another one:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.