or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 103

post #1531 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Teacher must be apolitical in their preaching ...
Political and religion belief must be kept personal ingenral but when teaching in particular..

Yeah, because their jobs could be in trouble if they don't....

Seriously, I had a 10th grade honors English teacher who would spend at least an entire period every week bitching about teacher pay or equal pay rights for women or a whole host of other liberal talking points..

I guess it was better than discussing the Scarlet Letter.
post #1532 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Yeah, because their jobs could be in trouble if they don't....
Seriously, I had a 10th grade honors English teacher who would spend at least an entire period every week bitching about teacher pay or equal pay rights for women or a whole host of other liberal talking points..
I guess it was better than discussing the Scarlet Letter.
Bet she still did a 30 hour week with three months paid holiday though.
post #1533 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Yeah, because their jobs could be in trouble if they don't....
Seriously, I had a 10th grade honors English teacher who would spend at least an entire period every week bitching about teacher pay or equal pay rights for women or a whole host of other liberal talking points..
I guess it was better than discussing the Scarlet Letter.

Or Fifty shades of grey..

I bloody hate that boo even I haven't read it..

All menopausal fifty something are going on about it..
post #1534 of 5454
542272_512891308737521_689457220_n.jpg

I thought about pointing out the obvious; that Ryan or whoever wrote that bill meant to distinguish it from consensual statutory rape; but the comments section was so rabid; going on about how the Republicans want to see your daughters raped; that I didn't think any reasonable interpretations were welcome.
post #1535 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

542272_512891308737521_689457220_n.jpg
I thought about pointing out the obvious; that Ryan or whoever wrote that bill meant to distinguish it from consensual statutory rape; but the comments section was so rabid; going on about how the Republicans want to see your daughters raped; that I didn't think any reasonable interpretations were welcome.

No such thing, children can not legally consent.
post #1536 of 5454
why have you placed the words "consensual" and "rape" together in the same sentence?
post #1537 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

No such thing, children can not legally consent.

Sure but that's a legal fiction. You can have actual consent without legal consent. Use whatever words you like, but a 22 year old guy having sex with a 17 year old who is completely willing is not the same as a man having sex with a woman against her will. I'm not endorsing this bill that I know nothing about, just pointing out the obvious reasonable explanation that people are ignoring for political purposes.
post #1538 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

why have you placed the words "consensual" and "rape" together in the same sentence?

Because if a 16yo couple is having sex every day up until the girl becomes 17 and the boy's birthday is a week later, the next day, the girl has raped the boy. Do you think it was not consensual?
post #1539 of 5454
"Forcible rape" is a legal term of art. It's been in use for a hundred years at least. The idea that Ryan needs to explain it is absurd.
post #1540 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post

Because if a 16yo couple is having sex every day up until the girl becomes 17 and the boy's birthday is a week later, the next day, the girl has raped the boy. Do you think it was not consensual?

Doesn't matter what I think, it matters what the law says. If someone is below the age of consent they can't legally give consent, so there is no such thing as consensual statutory rape.
post #1541 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Sure but that's a legal fiction. You can have actual consent without legal consent. Use whatever words you like, but a 22 year old guy having sex with a 17 year old who is completely willing is not the same as a man having sex with a woman against her will. I'm not endorsing this bill that I know nothing about, just pointing out the obvious reasonable explanation that people are ignoring for political purposes.

I take your point, but see above. And I would assume that having sex with an underage, but otherwise willing person would draw a different charge than forcing the same person to have sex. Either way it is non-consensual.
post #1542 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

I take your point, but see above. And I would assume that having sex with an underage, but otherwise willing person would draw a different charge than forcing the same person to have sex. Either way it is non-consensual.

Feel free to remove the word "consensual" if you like. I would say to replace it with "non forcible" but that sort of makes my point a bit tautological. I suppose you could just leave it at "statutory rape", where non forcible is implied.

I really dislike the way sex crimes are categorized, as it really erases a lot of distinctions between types and degrees of crime. Like the way the term "sexual assault" can mean anything from rape to grabbing someone's ass.
post #1543 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Feel free to remove the word "consensual" if you like. I would say to replace it with "non forcible" but that sort of makes my point a bit tautological. I suppose you could just leave it at "statutory rape", where non forcible is implied.
I really dislike the way sex crimes are categorized, as it really erases a lot of distinctions between types and degrees of crime. Like the way the term "sexual assault" can mean anything from rape to grabbing someone's ass.

I believe there are places where sexual assault includes peeing on the sidewalk and can get you on the sex offender list. Our country is f-ed up.
post #1544 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Feel free to remove the word "consensual" if you like. I would say to replace it with "non forcible" but that sort of makes my point a bit tautological. I suppose you could just leave it at "statutory rape", where non forcible is implied.

No, force is irrelevant in statutory rape.

Statutory rape can be forcible. It just doesn't have to be.
post #1545 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Doesn't matter what I think, it matters what the law says. If someone is below the age of consent they can't legally give consent, so there is no such thing as consensual statutory rape.

The fact that it was not legally consensual does not make it forcible. That's the point. It's a legal distinction. Nobody said it wasn't rape. Just that it was not forcible rape.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.