or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 90

post #1336 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post

Do you understand what QE is? It means Bernake supports bond prices (maintains low interest rates) by creating artificial demand for bonds. He does this by paying with money that is not in circulation. Therefore, he is increasing the supply of $20 bills. When supply increases and demand stays the same, each bill is worth less than its original value. The graphic is backwards.
A better graphic would have been to show a restaurant bill for $40 and then have a $20 bill cut in half so it turns into two $20 bills.
How is that any different to what is being shown apart from the fact that he's printing (well, writing with permanent marker) another $10 out of nothing?
post #1337 of 5454
319436_4031001627400_288673952_n.jpg
post #1338 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby View Post

How is that any different to what is being shown apart from the fact that he's printing (well, writing with permanent marker) another $10 out of nothing?

Since when people need to be an expert in every topic they choose to comment on?

Even Neo is talking about women..
post #1339 of 5454


I'm not normally one to swear, but this is effing idiotic.
post #1340 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

I'm not normally one to swear, but this is effing idiotic.

How so? There's been a lot of these. It's an effective way of making a statement against their policy.
post #1341 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post

How so? There's been a lot of these. It's an effective way of making a statement against their policy.

It's not even really the BSA's call though, with how chartered their troops are - more often than not they're in place because of religious organizations looking for a social outlet as well.
post #1342 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

It's not even really the BSA's call though, with how chartered their troops are - more often than not they're in place because of religious organizations looking for a social outlet as well.

If that were the case, the BSA could have punted--by saying that chartered organizations could decide for themselves what their policies would be regarding gays. But that's not what happened. The BSA's central leadership fought the issue all the way up the the USSC. They definitely called it at the highest levels of leadership within the BSA itself.
post #1343 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post

If that were the case, the BSA could have punted--by saying that chartered organizations could decide for themselves what their policies would be regarding gays. But that's not what happened. The BSA's central leadership fought the issue all the way up the the USSC. They definitely called it at the highest levels of leadership within the BSA itself.

Well, then I'm even more pleased to be affiliated w/ BSA. Thanks for that info.
post #1344 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Well, then I'm even more pleased to be affiliated w/ BSA. Thanks for that info.

No problem. I'm ambivalent about the BSA's policy, but I'm also a registered and Woodbadge-trained scoutmaster. We've never had this become an issue with our troop.
post #1345 of 5454




post #1346 of 5454
facepalm.gif
post #1347 of 5454
Actually, I'm down for the last one, if only to see the lulz from the fallout.
post #1348 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Actually, I'm down for the last one, if only to see the lulz from the fallout.

+1 heh
post #1349 of 5454


How should I respond? I love being a contrarian to everything this woman posts. Will paypal for a ghost writer troll. Jayvn?
post #1350 of 5454
This makes me really glad I don't have any friends.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.