or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 86

post #1276 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post

So he was decorated by a minister, as are hundreds of artists. Which of course does not prove your point at all...
You were talking about "popularity" and popular he isn't, and never was, except among a few apparatchiks at the ministry and a few critics some time ago.

Horseeeeeeeshit. When Lewis performed at the Olympia Theatre in Paris in the 1970's, the tickets sold out virtually instantly. He has won Best Director awards on numerous occasions in France.

Film critic, Robert Benayoun, wrote: "I consider Jerry Lewis, since the death of Buster Keaton, to be the foremost comic artist of the time. He corresponds to his era both reflecting and criticising our civilization."

One of your "few critics" and maybe you aren't impressed, however

Director, Jean-Luc Godard, said: "Jerry Lewis is the only American director who has made progressive films, he is much better than Chaplin and Keaton." Godard aint chopped liver.

Lewis was popular in France and you're embarrassed to admit it. As lasbar said, he was popular in the past.
post #1277 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post

Making fun of disabilities is completely fair game (well, in DT it is). But claiming that this photo is actual proof of an obvious fraud was shown, as was made afterwards, is stupid, whatever your sense of humour. Sorry for you if you cannot tell the difference.

Funny, I didn't even read it that way.

I sort of saw it as poking fun at the evangelical set, and maybe just also poking fun at the American conceit of driving around everywhere in Bandit scooters or Wal-Mart carts.

Not sure who's right, maybe a bit of all of it.
post #1278 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post

So he was decorated by a minister, as are hundreds of artists. Which of course does not prove your point at all...
You were talking about "popularity" and popular he isn't, and never was, except among a few apparatchiks at the ministry and a few critics some time ago.

Also the point was, I posted a fact you gave an opinion.
post #1279 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Lewis was popular in France
facepalm.gif
post #1280 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post

Making fun of disabilities is completely fair game (well, in DT it is). But claiming that this photo is actual proof of an obvious fraud was shown, as was made afterwards, is stupid, whatever your sense of humour. Sorry for you if you cannot tell the difference.

Funny, I didn't even read it that way.

I sort of saw it as poking fun at the evangelical set, and maybe just also poking fun at the American conceit of driving around everywhere in Bandit scooters or Wal-Mart carts.

Not sure who's right, maybe a bit of all of it.

+1

E, this is DT. If we can't make fun of the disabled in DT, where can we do it?

(BTW I am a caregiver to a moderately disabled family member, so bite me)

Put your humor hat back on - I was making fun of the people who would read the picture as "proof of an obvious fraud". As you correctly pointed out, there is no way of knowing from that picture if she is actually disabled or not, but some people would immediately go AH HA! and blame Obama.
post #1281 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Funny, I didn't even read it that way.
I sort of saw it as poking fun at the evangelical set, and maybe just also poking fun at the American conceit of driving around everywhere in Bandit scooters or Wal-Mart carts.
Not sure who's right, maybe a bit of all of it.

Yeah I don't know why he's getting all out of shape. It's meant to be seen the way you saw it. Is kinda funny though a Euro is getting pissed at Americans because he thinks we're making fun of disabled....like we're the ones with a history of Eugenics in the first place hah

Most people who ride around in those scooters are incredibly obese btw, and I really doubt Etienne would be sticking up for them.
post #1282 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Also the point was, I posted a fact
Yup. An unrelated fact.

But whatever, I understand now that no amount of rational discussion or actual relevant fact will prevent you from ranting about your meme.
post #1283 of 5454
Thread Starter 
We're not in DT, dumbfucks. Same point applies though I think.
post #1284 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

E, this is DT.
Is there a trick here? As far as I know we are in CE, I would never have reacted otherwise.
post #1285 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

E, this is DT.
Is there a trick here? As far as I know we are in CE, I would never have reacted otherwise.

Nah, just lost track of which thread lives where.
post #1286 of 5454
298

Your typical SB1070 supporter?
post #1287 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Yeah I don't know why he's getting all out of shape.
Well, I just intended one message. Then I got tricked in answering to an obvious troll on a different topic, which is stupid of me.

BTW, go easy on the generalizations. It's not a "Euro getting pissed at Americans ", it's me getting pissed at a couple messages.
post #1288 of 5454
[Insert lame French nationalistic joke here]

Hi Etienne!
post #1289 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

[Insert lame French nationalistic joke here]
Hi Etienne!
Ho hai!
post #1290 of 5454
I think a lot of politics these days revolves around pissing people off. At least it gets them off their couches, for a while.

By the way, Etienne, how's the new guy working out? Has he picked a first lady yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.