or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 85

post #1261 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post

I don't get it. There are many people who are able to painfully stand up for a brief amount of time but cannot walk properly. Those people usually use a wheelchair and this photo seems at first glance to depict one of them. Notice that she is leaning against the shelf to stand and has very skinny thighs, the kind you get when you don't use your legs.
Why jump to the conclusion that there is some kind of fraud at hand? You guys apparently don't hang out around disabled persons much.
Except there is a strong possibility that this photo does not depict any fraud...

Now I understand why Jerry Lewis was so popular in France.
post #1262 of 5454
255
post #1263 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

255

Fuckn yanks probably think they invented sex as well.

Man's First Powered Flight
Richard Pearse, Waitohi, New Zealand, March 31, 1902
post #1264 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Now I understand why Jerry Lewis was so popular in France.

And Benny Hill..uhoh.gif
post #1265 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

255

Fuckn yanks probably think they invented sex as well.

Man's First Powered Flight
Richard Pearse, Waitohi, New Zealand, March 31, 1902

Yabbut he cheated by mounting his aeroplane on a pole:

217
post #1266 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Now I understand why Jerry Lewis was so popular in France.
Sanity check: you do know that he actually wasn't, right?
post #1267 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Yabbut he cheated by mounting his aeroplane on a pole:
217


lol8[1].gif
post #1268 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post

Sanity check: you do know that he actually wasn't, right?

Bullshit revisionist bullsit is bullshit.

In March 2006, the French Minister of Culture awarded Lewis the Légion d'honneur, calling him the "French people's favorite clown".
post #1269 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Bullshit revisionist bullsit is bullshit.
In March 2006, the French Minister of Culture awarded Lewis the Légion d'honneur, calling him the "French people's favorite clown".

He was popular with my parents generation..

I have never seen of his movies...

The French's favourite clowns were Coluche and Louis de Funes..
post #1270 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Bullshit revisionist bullsit is bullshit.
What actually happened is that a bunch of film critics (the Cahiers du cinéma crowd) liked him and wrote about him for a few years from time to time. He wasn't popular among the rest of the critics and he certainly had no popularity in the public.

The first time I heard his name was when I heard some American friends repeat the meme according to which he was "big in France". If you ask people in the street in Paris, I doubt 1% would know his name, I doubt you would find even 0.1% that have ever seen a film of his.

But don't let pesky "facts" get in the way of a good rant, by all means.
post #1271 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Now I understand why Jerry Lewis was so popular in France.
By the way, I haven't asked how this relates to the fact that some people here like to make fun of people who are probably disabled by implying that they are a fraud.
post #1272 of 5454
Made up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post

What actually happened is that a bunch of film critics (the Cahiers du cinéma crowd) liked him and wrote about him for a few years from time to time. He wasn't popular among the rest of the critics and he certainly had no popularity in the public.
The first time I heard his name was when I heard some American friends repeat the meme according to which he was "big in France". If you ask people in the street in Paris, I doubt 1% would know his name, I doubt you would find even 0.1% that have ever seen a film of his.
But don't let pesky "facts" get in the way of a good rant, by all means.

Fact

"In March 2006, the French Minister of Culture awarded Lewis the Légion d'honneur, calling him the "French people's favorite clown".

Either way, you (not the French) wouldn't know the funnies if it turned into Basil Fawlty, did a silly walk, hit you in the cock with a cream pie and then recited Bottom's final monologue in act 5 scene 1 of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
post #1273 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

He was popular with my parents generation..
I have never seen of his movies...
The French's favourite clowns were Coluche and Louis de Funes..

That's why I said "was".
post #1274 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Made up
Fact
So he was decorated by a minister, as are hundreds of artists. Which of course does not prove your point at all...

You were talking about "popularity" and popular he isn't, and never was, except among a few apparatchiks at the ministry and a few critics some time ago.
post #1275 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Made up
Either way, you (not the French) wouldn't know the funnies.
Making fun of disabilities is completely fair game (well, in DT it is). But claiming that this photo is actual proof of an obvious fraud was shown, as was made afterwards, is stupid, whatever your sense of humour. Sorry for you if you cannot tell the difference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.