or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. - Page 83

post #1231 of 5454
Looks like the significant difference in the Obama Romney contributions list is that the smart money is on Obama - money going to Romney appears to be a hedge.
post #1232 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post

Looks like the significant difference in the Obama Romney contributions list is that the smart money is on Obama - money going to Romney appears to be a hedge.

The significant difference is that Obama ran for President twice and the fund raising totals include both cycles, hence a really dumb graphic.
post #1233 of 5454
OK there's a lot of dumb shit out there but this is maybe the stupidest thing I've seen yet.

"10 things most Americans don't know about America"

http://postmasculine.com/america
post #1234 of 5454
DB error
post #1235 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

DB error

There is a version cached by Google: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mv1XfrS9_lMJ:postmasculine.com/america+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
post #1236 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

OK there's a lot of dumb shit out there but this is maybe the stupidest thing I've seen yet.
"10 things most Americans don't know about America"
http://postmasculine.com/america
1 and 2 are right. Don't really know or care about the rest.
post #1237 of 5454
223
post #1238 of 5454
That's pretty troll-tastic up in there.
post #1239 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You know what has been missing from this conversation? The part where you say, "Wow. Piob, I had no idea that provision of Obamacare does not kick in until January 2014. You're right, that woman is lying. However, I'll sure be glad when people can't get excluded from health insurance due to pre-existing conditions."
This would incorporate both your acknowledgment the woman is lying but affirm your belief people should not be excluded. Instead you decided to call me names. Again, the perfect CE conversation.

1. Piob, we all know you are a fat scottish overloard sucking the blood from the neck of the working man. Duh.

2. You are not telling the whole story about the 2014 implementation deadline. There is a component of the law that provides a bridge insurance policy for those with pre-existing conditions until 2014. https://www.pcip.gov/FAQ.html

From healthcare.gov: http://www.healthcare.gov/law/timeline/index.html#event7-pane
Quote:
Providing Access to Insurance for Uninsured Americans with Pre-Existing Conditions
National program established July 1, 2010

A Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) provides new coverage options to individuals who have been uninsured for at least six months because of a pre-existing condition. States have the option of running this new program in their state. If a state has chosen not to do so, a plan has been established by the Department of Health and Human Services in that state. This program serves as a bridge to 2014, when all discrimination against pre-existing conditions will be prohibited.
post #1240 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby View Post

1 and 2 are right. Don't really know or care about the rest.

The paranoia thing is also true and the inability to engage in self-criticism ...
post #1241 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

The paranoia thing is also true and the inability to engage in self-criticism ...

I was just talking to my sister in law last night and she clearly thinks that if she goes to a "third world" country, she will immediately be raped and murdered. When I pointed out to her that many of the awesome places she has already gone and has rhapsodized about are "third world", she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about.
post #1242 of 5454
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

I was just talking to my sister in law last night and she clearly thinks that if she goes to a "third world" country, she will immediately be raped and murdered. When I pointed out to her that many of the awesome places she has already gone and has rhapsodized about are "third world", she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about.

So she's been to the U.S.?
post #1243 of 5454
350
post #1244 of 5454
God I love FB, it's like a website built for Javyns
post #1245 of 5454
466
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook.