Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
# left to right
1 and 2: Even if this is true, it's because we have a working (flawed, bur working) criminal justice system where crimes can be reported and criminals can be brought to justice. I am sure there is more rape per capita in Sub-Sarah countries than the usa that go unreported.
Wow only the worst in the developed world and many developing countries then, that's good.
3. I fail to see how this is a failing that could have been mitigated. Any industrialized nation today of same size and output will face same problem. That is why China is creeping toward #1. Could we do more? Yes, but even from this glimpse, if the Us alone cuts its emissions, it won't matter unless every other nation does so.
Yes way to show leadership U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A. !
Also I like your question "Could we do more"? Shouldn't that be "Could we do something"?
4. Divorce rate? Eh. Just a sign of freedom (USA USA!) Also, wtf is puerto rico doing there? Doesn't it belong to USA?
Give you that one.
5 I will say that teen birth rates have seen a decline, also, we aren't like scandanavian countries and Japan where the imminent fear of negative native population control is a problem.
Yaaay way to rationalize teen pregnancy as a good thing.
6.heart attacks are the unintended consequences of prosperity.
We're a bunch of fatasses and proud of it.
7. don't see point of this one really. Unhealthy eating habits? Ok. I hear they have McDonalds everywhere now....
True, but The U.S. is still number one U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A. ! Be proud man be proud.
8. Plastic surgery... Ok. We are too vain?
Plastic surgery is awesome, especially boob jobs.
9. Prisoners? What do you propose we do? We have a working criminal justice system that incarcerates people convicted of crimes.
What do I propose? How about stop criminalizing personal choices like drug taking, and spend some of the billions of drug war money on social justice programs?
Took me longer than 30 seconds to type as well, but obviously not to formulate.