Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby
How many of these can you disprove and correct within 60 seconds?
# left to right
1 and 2: Even if this is true, it's because we have a working (flawed, bur working) criminal justice system where crimes can be reported and criminals can be brought to justice. I am sure there is more rape per capita in Sub-Sarah countries than the usa that go unreported.
3. I fail to see how this is a failing that could have been mitigated. Any industrialized nation today of same size and output will face same problem. That is why China is creeping toward #1. Could we do more? Yes, but even from this glimpse, if the Us alone cuts its emissions, it won't matter unless every other nation does so.
4. Divorce rate? Eh. Just a sign of freedom (USA USA!) Also, wtf is puerto rico doing there? Doesn't it belong to USA?
5 I will say that teen birth rates have seen a decline, also, we aren't like scandanavian countries and Japan where the imminent fear of negative native population control is a problem.
6.heart attacks are the unintended consequences of prosperity.
7. don't see point of this one really. Unhealthy eating habits? Ok. I hear they have McDonalds everywhere now....
8. Plastic surgery... Ok. We are too vain?
9. Prisoners? What do you propose we do? We have a working criminal justice system that incarcerates people convicted of crimes.
Took me longer than 30 seconds to type, but obviously not to formulate.