or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Name three underrepresented musical artists you wish anyone with a heartbeat should just sit/shut up and listen now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Name three underrepresented musical artists you wish anyone with a heartbeat should just sit/shut...

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
no further ado and further to my previous thread,

damn, this isnt really hard at all.

1. Melody Gardot




2. Raul Midon




3. Prefuse 73




well, you can choose to include a video or two, even a short introduction, but i prefer to let the music speaks first.

i personally prefer musical artists still alive, but anything goes if you think he/she's worth it.

now, who would you plug?
post #2 of 6
Alright, I'll bite...


Let the judging of my music tastes begin:

1) MXWL - He put out a great (possibly heresy?) dubstep remix of Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles.
2) MiMOSA - Another great dubstep artist.
3) GLITCHDICK
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer View Post

Alright, I'll bite...
Let the judging of my music tastes begin:
1) MXWL - He put out a great (possibly heresy?) dubstep remix of Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles.
2) MiMOSA - Another great dubstep artist.
3) GLITCHDICK

nice, what are some of the classic dubstep artists/albums i should look out for?
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikemen View Post

nice, what are some of the classic dubstep artists/albums i should look out for?

As far as "classics"/people you really should know if you're going to listen to Dubstep...

Skrillex - "scary monsters and nice sprites"... my guess is you've heard it but didnt know it lol
Deadmau5 - been around for awhile, the full 10min mix of "strobe" is excellent, especially when the beat drops at 6:40ish
Rusko - came up by remixing top 40 songs on youtube, good stuff
Steve Aokii
Avicii - my all time favorite, he does dubstep, electro, house, trance, everything. and he does them all equally well... my favorite is "levels"...

David Guetta is a sell out that steals other people's samples, but he has some good stuff from time to time... the dubstep thread has some great stuff too, though, lesser known artists.
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer View Post

As far as "classics"/people you really should know if you're going to listen to Dubstep...
Skrillex - "scary monsters and nice sprites"... my guess is you've heard it but didnt know it lol
Deadmau5 - been around for awhile, the full 10min mix of "strobe" is excellent, especially when the beat drops at 6:40ish
Rusko - came up by remixing top 40 songs on youtube, good stuff
Steve Aokii
Avicii - my all time favorite, he does dubstep, electro, house, trance, everything. and he does them all equally well... my favorite is "levels"...
David Guetta is a sell out that steals other people's samples, but he has some good stuff from time to time... the dubstep thread has some great stuff too, though, lesser known artists.

thanks for some of the sharing! not that this is exactly related to dubstep, but this eric lau guy from london seems pretty cool
ericlaumusic dot com
post #6 of 6
I like topics like this.

I've been pluggin' this band for 25 years; look how far it's taken them frown.gif

Chameleons

Wire

I'd offer up the Graham Bond Organisation, but Bond died almost 40 years ago. So, something contemporary: Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, a band someone on SF turned me onto.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
  • Name three underrepresented musical artists you wish anyone with a heartbeat should just sit/shut up and listen now
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Name three underrepresented musical artists you wish anyone with a heartbeat should just sit/shut up and listen now