or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Getting married! Need a suit!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Getting married! Need a suit! - Page 3

post #31 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testudo_Aubreii View Post

Your choice of a navy suit is a good one.
Have you ever measured your chest size? Is it 44 inches? If there is a big difference between your chest size and your shoulder size, you are probably better off in a bespoke or made to measure suit. For men with a big discrepancy between shoulders and chest, bespoke or MTM will be more comfortable and will look much better than off the rack. If you get to NYC regularly, you can get one at Mr. Ned for $850. If DC or Baltimore, try MTM at English/American Cut for even less.
I suggest reading this article, if you haven't already.
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/Tutorials/AntongiavanniWEDDINGATTIRE.htm

+1 on double checking the chest measurement. I'm 5'7 and a 38S so reading that 44R is comfortable made me do a double take. At the very least, I would be going with a short vs a regular.
post #32 of 59
Thread Starter 

I am thinking about ordering the brooks brother suit.  If I apply for a credit card I save 15% and I have a $100 gift card from my discovercard.  I have half day on Friday so I am going to go in to my local brooks brothers and get my measurements before I pull the trigger. 

 

Thanks for all the help!  I will provide pics when I get it.

post #33 of 59

my brother wore a navy BB when he got married about a year ago..looked really good

post #34 of 59

+1 for samuelsohn!

 

Depends on your wedding date, but samuelsohn trunk shows are scheduled for the Spring (in the USA and Canada at least)...you can get a MTM fully canvassed suit for around 1k that is of superb quality

post #35 of 59
Thread Starter 

Update: 

 

Brooks brothers is having a trunk show.  I have never been to a trunk show.  Will I be able to save any money?  I read the details on the trunk show and it says save 10% on one special order suit.  Is a special order suit going to be more than an off the rack suit?  Thanks for the help. 

post #36 of 59
the trunk show is only for MTM. and yes they are more expensive than off the rack.
post #37 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon View Post

the trunk show is only for MTM. and yes they are more expensive than off the rack.

Often at trunk shows MTM suits are the same price as OTR, sometimes less.
post #38 of 59
Thread Starter 

I guess it won't hurt to go check it out.

post #39 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post


+1 on double checking the chest measurement. I'm 5'7 and a 38S so reading that 44R is comfortable made me do a double take. At the very least, I would be going with a short vs a regular.



 

I did double check my chest size.  I am between 42"-43".  I have found that most OTR 44R fit me well.
 

 

post #40 of 59

Guys,

Here is a wedding question (hate to hijack). My girlfriend is a bridsemaid at this wedding in May. The bridsemaid dress is from David Bridal (yuck), do I need to wear a tie that matches that ugly ass dress? The color of dress is purple.

post #41 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post

Guys,

Here is a wedding question (hate to hijack). My girlfriend is a bridsemaid at this wedding in May. The bridsemaid dress is from David Bridal (yuck), do I need to wear a tie that matches that ugly ass dress? The color of dress is purple.



What the hell this is my thread! lol 

 

Are you in the wedding?  If not I would allow your girlfriend to suffer in her bridesmaid outfit and do you own thing.  At least one of you can look good.  Explain it like that, see how she reacts. Lol Unless she insists you match her outfit, I would do your own thing. 

 

post #42 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by irgator04 View Post



What the hell this is my thread! lol 

 

Are you in the wedding?  If not I would allow your girlfriend to suffer in her bridesmaid outfit and do you own thing.  At least one of you can look good.  Explain it like that, see how she reacts. Lol Unless she insists you match her outfit, I would do your own thing. 

 



It was a wedding thread, didn't want to create another thread.

post #43 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post



It was a wedding thread, didn't want to create another thread.


No problem.
 

 

post #44 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by irgator04 View Post




What the hell this is my thread! lol 

Are you in the wedding?  If not I would allow your girlfriend to suffer in her bridesmaid outfit and do you own thing.  At least one of you can look good.  Explain it like that, see how she reacts. Lol Unless she insists you match her outfit, I would do your own thing. 

Answer is no, in fact you shouldn't, it looks silly.

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2011/02/dressing-to-match-your-date-is-no-no.html
post #45 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post


Answer is no, in fact you shouldn't, it looks silly.
http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2011/02/dressing-to-match-your-date-is-no-no.html



Ok, thanks. I will just make fun of that hideous bridesmaid dress she has to wear.

thank god I'm not in this wedding.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Getting married! Need a suit!