or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Anyone had experience with Cifonelli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone had experience with Cifonelli - Page 3

post #31 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

A 4-month old email from Cifo:

"Following your request, the price for a bespoke two pieces suit including fabrics is 5.200 EUR

If you are providing the fabric, the price is 4.600 EUR"

Needless to say, call/email to confirm.

Thanks! That was helpful!
post #32 of 50
Cifonelli makes really beautiful crescent pockets.



post #33 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

"Most of all, you'll have an amazing experience, and the knowledge that you are wearing the world's most expensive bespoke suit."

Ah, the all-important knowledge that you're wearing the GDP of a small African nation.

Don't cast aspersions, Bwana.
post #34 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

 

A 4-month old email from Cifo:

 

"Following your request, the price for a bespoke two pieces suit including fabrics is 5.200 EUR
If you are providing the fabric, the price is 4.600 EUR"

 

Needless to say, call/email to confirm.

Was that for a NY visit or in Paris or did you not specify? 

post #35 of 50
One last try - anyone with more recent experience having a commission made in New York?
thanks
post #36 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit50 View Post

Was that for a NY visit or in Paris or did you not specify? 

 NY

post #37 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

One last try - anyone with more recent experience having a commission made in New York?
thanks

i met with lorenzo last month in NY. they come every 2-3 months (lorenzo mostly)

if i remember correctly i had 4 fittings for my first suit.

price ET posted above sounds about right (with their fabric/i don't know the cmt price), but i think it may have gone up.
Edited by Kuro - 2/25/13 at 2:02pm
post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro View Post

i met with lorenzo last month in NY. they come every 2-3 months (lorenzo mostly)

if i remember correctly i had 4 fittings for my first suit.

price ET posted above sounds about right (with their fabric/i don't know the cmt price), but i think it may have gone up.

Thanks very much. I'm planning to meet them next month. I trust your experience was good?
A
post #39 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

Thanks very much. I'm planning to meet them next month. I trust your experience was good?
A

been using them for about 2 years now and am overall happy with them over a # of garments (was disappointed with one suit, but because the fabric that I picked feels stiff and the color is a bit of a challenge).

you'll be in good hands.
post #40 of 50
I had my first appointment with Cifonelli in New York today and thought I would share some of my experiences in case others are considering the same. Of course, it would be unwise to take away too much from measurements and a first order, but my impressions are pretty good and directionally everything went very well. I get the right feeling. My thoughts:

Lorenzo is impeccably dressed and the best advertisement for his own services. He dressed in classical themes and fabrics (blue double breasted blazer that appeared to be partially mohair w/gold buttons, grey wool pants) and it is only up close that you see the real Cifonelli details like the shoulder line, and button holes and lines that really set apart the garments. From far away, I think you would see a well dressed man whose clothes were somehow different in a way that you can't quite put your finger on. Up close, you see the artistry. I like that.

Lorenzo took great pains to differentiate the garment he would cut from the Huntsman jacket that I was wearing. Rather than just say "that isn't how I cut", he walked through the differences in various aspects. He wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting myself into and I appreciated that. At the very end, he checked one more time to make sure I knew that his cut would be more "aggressive".

If you are meeting in NY, I would strongly suggest either having your own fabric or having selected a fabric that you know Cifonelli can get. (I think they can order anything from Scabal or H&S, but ask.) They travel with very few fabric books and two of them were from houses with whom I wasn't familiar. If I hadn't pre-selected a cloth on my own, I would likely have left without making an order. If you want a business suit and you like Scabal, you will be fine. Anything else and you will feel limited.

Lorenzo is very kind and interactive. He seems humble and very much focused on details. He took most measurements more than once and spent a great deal of time focusing on my physique. He asks questions about what you like and outside of cutting in his style, he appears open to anything. Lot's of customer input if you want, or you can just rely on him. I asked how many fittings he thought it would take to get to a finished first piece. He said he didn't know because it would be complete when I was happy and he was happy. Three, four, five fittings. He said it didn't matter. That is the right answer. He travels to NY 8 times per year, so the process seems simple.
post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

If you are meeting in NY, I would strongly suggest either having your own fabric or having selected a fabric that you know Cifonelli can get. (I think they can order anything from Scabal or H&S, but ask.) They travel with very few fabric books and two of them were from houses with whom I wasn't familiar. If I hadn't pre-selected a cloth on my own, I would likely have left without making an order. If you want a business suit and you like Scabal, you will be fine. Anything else and you will feel limited.

.

they also have Drapers, Harrisons, Smith Woollens, Eurotex, W. Bill, Schofield & Smith, Dormeuil, Loro Piana, but yes he only brings a selection
post #42 of 50
^ Thanks for the update. Good luck, and I'm hope you'll post pics of the completed garment.
post #43 of 50
This is gorgeous:

post #44 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

This is gorgeous:


That is one of the pictures I brought to show what I liked. I ended up getting that style but with two buttons in a fabric from the scabal romance book. Everything I own from Huntsman is one button, so I wanted something different but that jacket really caught my eye as well.
post #45 of 50
I could see myself wearing this stuff--but it would make zero sense along with my Rubinacci gear.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Anyone had experience with Cifonelli