or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foo goes skiing. Sartorial disaster?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foo goes skiing. Sartorial disaster? - Page 6

post #76 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Everyone looks ridiculous in ski clothes. Only exception: hot chicks with great asses in stretch pants.

Surprised this wasnt commented on earlier. Absolute truth. Love me a snow bunny inlove.gif
post #77 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Also, the scarf was stupid cheap. After promo code, $20 at Sierra Trading Post!

I have the same scarf, I find myself wearing the other side more often (brown/cream, no blue)

I love it since it doesn't get caught on my facial hair like all my other scarves do, holds up really well for recycled wool.
post #78 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Surprised this wasnt commented on earlier. Absolute truth. Love me a snow bunny inlove.gif

also, the right size and shape boobie can look quite fetching under a turtleneck or snowflake sweater, if it is tight enough.
post #79 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Added: ... Johnston's of Elgin merino wool scarf.

Skip the scarf. After a run or two you will most likely be looking to vent heat, not stay warm. The scarf is going to get very sweaty. Ditto for the OCBD/sweater you mentioned earlier. I suggest athletic wear under the jacket, mostly because whatever you wear underneath will get nasty.
post #80 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

I have the same scarf, I find myself wearing the other side more often (brown/cream, no blue)
I love it since it doesn't get caught on my facial hair like all my other scarves do, holds up really well for recycled wool.

Use the scarf in town, not on the slopes. If it's cold enough for a scarf while skiing, get a neck gaiter.

Return that ridiculous teal helmet for a grey or black. The gloves are out there far enough, the helmet is over the top. You are starting to look like an Easter Egg.
post #81 of 304
Drove through Vail on my x-country trip this past summer. So damned nice.

Enjoy it man.
post #82 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbuff View Post

Use the scarf in town, not on the slopes. If it's cold enough for a scarf while skiing, get a neck gaiter.
Return that ridiculous teal helmet for a grey or black. The gloves are out there far enough, the helmet is over the top. You are starting to look like an Easter Egg.

Agreed
post #83 of 304
Thread Starter 
Will do as suggested with the scarf--but am committed to the helmet. Love it.
post #84 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

also, the right size and shape boobie can look quite fetching under a turtleneck or snowflake sweater, if it is tight enough.

I must admit, I dont mind seeing the ladies fall. Especially the boarders. When they bend over, it's crack city. I'm taking the day off to tomorrow to board at Northstar. About fucking time. Finally get to put the season pass to use
post #85 of 304
I like Northstar but Squaw is king.
post #86 of 304
BTW, the snow here sucks this year.censored.gif
post #87 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

I like Northstar but Squaw is king.

you probably ski?
post #88 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbuff View Post

I live in Colorado and ski Vail regularly.
As far as your fit, you did well. The uber-coordinated outfits will get you treated like a Californian, or worse, a Texan.smile.gif
Get a helmet and goggles and you won't have to worry about the sunglasses. None of us wore helmets as kids, but 90% of the people out there wear them now. Not just for falls, but crashing into trees, ski hitting you after a crash, some idiot beginner snowboarder crashing into you (most likely). Plus they are the best at keeping you warm.
Don't wear any cotton. Polypro base layer, fleece or wool mid layer under your shell, depending on conditions. Get ski socks.
Get a lesson the first day at least.

Californians and Texans make up probably more than half of the tourist revenue and property taxes in Colorado smile.gif

Don't agree on the cotton thing. I'm most comfy in a cotton waffle-knit. Poly/synthetics doesnt feel any better.

Warmth is a personal thing. I hope as an easterner he's got some cold tolerance. As a former Cali and Texan resident, my get up was long sleeve base, fleece vest, and a standard shell. Kept me perfectly warm for the 2 seasons skiing Summit Co as a resident.

Ski socks and other "activity-specific" socks are quite superfluous. Any pair of wool socks will do....thickness dependant on one's footwear
post #89 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbuff View Post

BTW, the snow here sucks this year.censored.gif

i'd like to know where its good. heard sun valley is nice right now.

foo.gif, i like the helmet. make sure to put stickers on it satisfied.gif
post #90 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbuff View Post

BTW, the snow here sucks this year.censored.gif

this last weekend was nice though! 2-6" per day with a huge dump saturday night nod[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foo goes skiing. Sartorial disaster?