or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foo goes skiing. Sartorial disaster?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foo goes skiing. Sartorial disaster? - Page 15

post #211 of 304
Thread Starter 
Too late. Jacket is at the tailor.

I would have had this problem with any jacket, so there's no point in trying another. Sleeves will always be way too long on me.
post #212 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post

Yeah, you're pretty much fucked.

001224_02.jpg

confused.gif
post #213 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Too late. Jacket is at the tailor.
I would have had this problem with any jacket, so there's no point in trying another. Sleeves will always be way too long on me.

I hope your tailor does a good job for you. I tend to have the opposite issue with sleeve length which is why I appreciate that LL Bean made my jacket available in a Tall size.
post #214 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

The seams near the sleeve hem are all straightforward, implying an easy alteration structure-wise. I'm more worried about whether the jacket, being a technical garment, requires any additional care.

Will you convert it to 3 button 2?

And then to a 1 button?

Has this tailor worked with technical clothing before? I've heard of this before but have never tried it. However, Narain's in Berkeley advertises that they do alterations: http://www.campingrepair.com/. I've used them for repairing torn gear in the past, they do phenomenal work.
post #215 of 304
Will you be with the 3 or 4 year old class?
post #216 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post

I hope your tailor does a good job for you. I tend to have the opposite issue with sleeve length which is why I appreciate that LL Bean made my jacket available in a Tall size.

Given the fooproportions, should have just gone custom with Burgess in Jackson Hole.
post #217 of 304
I think this would be an appropriate place for this image.

1962-Rolex-Stein+Eriksen+Skiing.jpg
post #218 of 304

oh dear.

 

a good softshell has tabbed sleeves so you can cinch them at the wrists. problem solved.

post #219 of 304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

oh dear.

a good softshell has tabbed sleeves so you can cinch them at the wrists. problem solved.

Still way too long. Past my thumbs.
post #220 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

This brings the lulz. Also, surprising that a skiing outfit thread generates so many responses.

It's Foo's skiing outfit thread.
post #221 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckwith View Post

Return the jacket, pants go to Vail head straight to Gorsuch, flash the Hermes wallet and voila! Full Bogner body suit.

this, the one body suit, so it makes five.
post #222 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Given the fooproportions, should have just gone custom with Burgess in Jackson Hole.

b. thank you for keeping the spirit of this thread alive. can you please remind some idealistic minded fellow members to stick to it. i have to watch the classico now. much appreciated. thanks
post #223 of 304
your biggest problem is going to be finding plaza lasted ski boots
post #224 of 304
Thread Starter 
It seems Obermeyer stuff is not nearly as nicely made as Marmot or Patagonia stuff.
post #225 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs232 View Post

I think this would be an appropriate place for this image.
Rolex Ad (Click to show)

1962-Rolex-Stein+Eriksen+Skiing.jpg

 


I wear my Explorer II when I ski! Winning.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Foo goes skiing. Sartorial disaster?