or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › What time do you wake up for work?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What time do you wake up for work? - Page 8

post #106 of 167
waking up in 3 hours to catch a flight.

fun.
post #107 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

11 a.m. But I get to the office three hours earlier.

Well played sir
post #108 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale View Post

Shiit. Some scheduling changes and as of Feb. Will be expected to report at 6:50 am.
Damn, and I don't even get paid well.
185

I was put on a special project for about 6 months, where I had to get a car to drive to a work location (I live in nyc, san car) and had to arrive by 5:45am each day 6 days a week. I hated every last second of it. Things are much, much better now. You'll get through it.

Edit: awesome picture, btw
post #109 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas2010 View Post

Work in a government agency, can show up anytime as long as 8 hours are put in. I usually wake up around 8-8:30 and get to the office around 10 at the latest (40 minute NYC commute) Some coworkers work from 9pm-5am when the office is empty and then have the whole day off.
The 8 hour day includes a 1 hour paid lunch and they even allow a break for an in office work out at the gym. As my first job out of college, it feels damn near impossible to ever consider switching to the private sector after being spoiled like this!
As someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, my personal goal is to find a way to work less and have more freedom. Until that fully happens, government is the way to go. Where else can you take 7 vacations in one fiscal year without any backlash from your boss smile.gif

This guy that used to work in my office got fired for spending too much time during the day working out in the gym. I believe the official reason was "Poor time management." Upside is he was pretty jacked.
post #110 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas2010 View Post

Work in a government agency, can show up anytime as long as 8 hours are put in. I usually wake up around 8-8:30 and get to the office around 10 at the latest (40 minute NYC commute) Some coworkers work from 9pm-5am when the office is empty and then have the whole day off.
The 8 hour day includes a 1 hour paid lunch and they even allow a break for an in office work out at the gym. As my first job out of college, it feels damn near impossible to ever consider switching to the private sector after being spoiled like this!
As someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, my personal goal is to find a way to work less and have more freedom. Until that fully happens, government is the way to go. Where else can you take 7 vacations in one fiscal year without any backlash from your boss smile.gif

Man, I work for the wrong government agency.
post #111 of 167
You mean a non-fictional one?
post #112 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You mean a non-fictional one?

laugh.gif

Precisely.
post #113 of 167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas2010 View Post

Work in a government agency, can show up anytime as long as 8 hours are put in. I usually wake up around 8-8:30 and get to the office around 10 at the latest (40 minute NYC commute) Some coworkers work from 9pm-5am when the office is empty and then have the whole day off.
The 8 hour day includes a 1 hour paid lunch and they even allow a break for an in office work out at the gym. As my first job out of college, it feels damn near impossible to ever consider switching to the private sector after being spoiled like this!
As someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, my personal goal is to find a way to work less and have more freedom. Until that fully happens, government is the way to go. Where else can you take 7 vacations in one fiscal year without any backlash from your boss smile.gif
WTF! Is this a city, state or federal job? I would kill for a flexible hours policy. I do know how you feel about vacations, though. This year, my plan is to take off the month of August. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #114 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas2010 View Post

Work in a government agency, can show up anytime as long as 8 hours are put in. I usually wake up around 8-8:30 and get to the office around 10 at the latest (40 minute NYC commute) Some coworkers work from 9pm-5am when the office is empty and then have the whole day off.
The 8 hour day includes a 1 hour paid lunch and they even allow a break for an in office work out at the gym. As my first job out of college, it feels damn near impossible to ever consider switching to the private sector after being spoiled like this!
As someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, my personal goal is to find a way to work less and have more freedom. Until that fully happens, government is the way to go. Where else can you take 7 vacations in one fiscal year without any backlash from your boss smile.gif

You guys hiring?
post #115 of 167
There's a theory about a person's worth to their organization and how long they can reasonablely be out of touch with it. For instance, I rarely take a week off and have absolutely zero contact with my office. As an example, I was having wine with friends in Paso over Xmas about 7pm, and I get a work related cell phone call x 2. I ignored them (love screening) but I still got them. I got another a few days later and actually took it as I could again see who was calling me.

Soooo, a month off work with presumeably no contact...?

laugh.gif
post #116 of 167

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post

You guys hiring?

 

+1

post #117 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

This guy that used to work in my office got fired for spending too much time during the day working out in the gym. I believe the official reason was "Poor time management." Upside is he was pretty jacked.

I wonder if anyone has ever been fired for spending too much time here on SF?
post #118 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I wonder if anyone has ever been fired for spending too much time here on SF?

Maybe if they couldn't reasonably multi-task.
post #119 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

There's a theory about a person's worth to their organization and how long they can reasonablely be out of touch with it. For instance, I rarely take a week off and have absolutely zero contact with my office. As an example, I was having wine with friends in Paso over Xmas about 7pm, and I get a work related cell phone call x 2. I ignored them (love screening) but I still got them. I got another a few days later and actually took it as I could again see who was calling me.
Soooo, a month off work with presumeably no contact...?
laugh.gif

I have often said this to friends and such. If you are of any importance to your organization regardless of how much vacation days you have you connot be away that long at one time. If you were to try you would be a huge asshole and if not demoted looked down upon, heavily.

I don't know how anybody could be off more than a five day work week that is important. Hell, I am not important and I have to do work from my phone when I have a three day weekend.
post #120 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Yeah, that whole having a career thing is rough, Rambo. You should try it.

One day, my good man. One day. I suppose I'll have to join the ranks of the walking dead. Unless I can find a woman who owns her own liquor store.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › What time do you wake up for work?