or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you own more than one Navy suit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you own more than one Navy suit? - Page 5

post #61 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

I have 1 but am considering a 2nd now that I've rounded out my other suits to my liking. For those of you with multiple, would you suggest that I go with a different brand and therefore different styling, or better to first go after a slightly different shade of blue?

you def. need a 2 button Navy, it's a staple in a wardrobe.
post #62 of 74

One 8oz. plain navy for the summer - SB w/ 2 buttons

One 15oz. plain navy flannel for the winter - DB

One 11oz. plain navy worsted for everything in between - DB

 

This excludes other garments like an 11oz. navy with a very faint burgundy windowpane, and a 13oz. navy birdseye.

 

I just don't get it when people say they dislike solids and prefer patterned suits. Plain navy and grey suits are the cornerstone of my wardrobe.

post #63 of 74

Debating a navy linen suit for this summer.  I don't own a linen suit and would like one, and I figure navy is the best color to hide the fact that it will always be wrinkled.

post #64 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by urfloormatt View Post

Debating a navy linen suit for this summer.  I don't own a linen suit and would like one, and I figure navy is the best color to hide the fact that it will always be wrinkled.

Do it! I love my navy linen. It doesn't look a total mess, most of the heavy wrinking is at the elbows and knees because you constantly bend them. But the rest of the slight wrinkling gives the suit a nice look because of texture and casualness. Similar to wearing an oxford button down
post #65 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

I have 1 but am considering a 2nd now that I've rounded out my other suits to my liking. For those of you with multiple, would you suggest that I go with a different brand and therefore different styling, or better to first go after a slightly different shade of blue?


To put this another way....current navy is 2B, double vent, notch lapel, cuffed pants. Would you go for:

1) Slightly different shade of blue?
2) Simply different brand and therefore different styling (lapels may be wider/narrower, button stance different, etc)
3) Similar set-up but uncuffed pants?
4) 3 button (3/2)

thanks
post #66 of 74
Thread Starter 
Okay guys, am I going to crazy for navy?

I am about to buy another suit and I haven't been able to find a charcoal suit to my liking in my budget. I have found another navy. I already own 1 navy 2 button, single vent and 1 navy pinstripe, double vent. I was looking at a navy 2 button double vent. Slightly different color navy than my other solid. Thoughts?

I am just starting to get very disappointed with charcoal suits.
post #67 of 74
I have more than one navy suit.
post #68 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

I have more than one navy suit.

I just don't think charcoal looks as good as navy on me. I am debating b/t another navy. I've decided no more charcoal since my ties and dress shirts work better with navy.
post #69 of 74
I just own one, because I saw little need to have two. even so, I think this is one of my best beater if I dont get my black ones ready navy suit could easily combined with white shirt and red tie, my favourite scheme of colour
post #70 of 74
Navy is my personal favourite colour for suits, so I have several.

- Navy tone-on-tone shadow plaid
- Classic navy pinstripe 3-piece
- Midnight blue with a very faint white pinstripe
- Navy linen suit

They are all single-breasted, with 2 buttons, notch lapels, double vents, & a ticket pocket (with the exception of the midnight blue one).
post #71 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU8 View Post

Navy is my personal favourite colour for suits, so I have several.
- Navy tone-on-tone shadow plaid
- Classic navy pinstripe 3-piece
- Midnight blue with a very faint white pinstripe
- Navy linen suit
They are all single-breasted, with 2 buttons, notch lapels, double vents, & a ticket pocket (with the exception of the midnight blue one).

Do you have any charcoal?
post #72 of 74
Yes, I do have a charcoal with a blueish-purple stripe running through it, & a mid-grey pinstripe 3-piece. And I recently picked up a light grey 3-piece as well. But the navy ones in my closet are definitely my favourites.
post #73 of 74
I have three solid navy suits, and recently decided I need a fourth. I love navy.
post #74 of 74

Being retired, I only need two suits, one for cool weather and one for the heat.  If I were to only own two suits, they would both be navy.  However, by the time I am done reworking my wardrobe I rather suspect that the two navies will have plenty of company.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you own more than one Navy suit?