or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Best Verizon Smart Phone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Verizon Smart Phone?

post #1 of 35
Thread Starter 
I've read a couple of reviews and the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus with the new Android OS looks like a good buy, but wanted to see if perhaps others have had actual first hand experience...

Is it worth it? Or is there something better?

Main concerns: browsing speed, ease of use, least buggy
post #2 of 35
I've got the new Razr and really like it. I was coming from traditional blackberries so there was a learning curve, but it works great for me. That said, I only paid $.01 for it by signing up with verizon.
post #3 of 35
Thread Starter 
How about the data plan though? How quickly will I burn through the 2GB minimum if I browse a lot and watch a few youtube vids now and then?


I also use a corporate blackberry atm so I don't even own a personal smartphone
post #4 of 35
I've got a Galaxy Nexus and this thing flies. I had a Droid X before it, which i really liked, but the GalaxyNexus is top notch from both a hardware and software perspective.
post #5 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins_student View Post

I've got a Galaxy Nexus and this thing flies. I had a Droid X before it, which i really liked, but the GalaxyNexus is top notch from both a hardware and software perspective.

Good to know

And the data plan? Which one did you go with and can you tell me about how much you use and for what types of data? i.e. lots of movie/youtube streaming or just regular browsing, email, etc
post #6 of 35
I've got an unlimited plan. No idea how much I use.
post #7 of 35
No iPhone 4S?
post #8 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins_student View Post

I've got an unlimited plan. No idea how much I use.

There's no such thing as an unlimited data plan for this phone afaik. You might have unlimited talk minutes, but not unlimited data for internet usage
post #9 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post

No iPhone 4S?

Nope.

Until they come out with a 4G iphone, I'm steering clear
post #10 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

There's no such thing as an unlimited data plan for this phone afaik. You might have unlimited talk minutes, but not unlimited data for internet usage

All of us with Unlimited Data Packages before were grandfathered in.

Just go with the Galaxy Nexus
post #11 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

All of us with Unlimited Data Packages before were grandfathered in.
Just go with the Galaxy Nexus

+1
post #12 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

All of us with Unlimited Data Packages before were grandfathered in.

Lucky bastards! And you only pay the $30/month for that?

I'm assuming when you say "grandfathered," you mean switching phones before a contract was up, right? Not as in, get a new contract, new phone, and still grandfathered...
post #13 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Nope.
Until they come out with a 4G iphone, I'm steering clear

That should be the iPhone 5... when is it coming out? No man can say.
post #14 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post

That should be the iPhone 5... when is it coming out? No man can say.

There's rumors that the next iphone still won't be on 4G
post #15 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Lucky bastards! And you only pay the $30/month for that?
I'm assuming when you say "grandfathered," you mean switching phones before a contract was up, right? Not as in, get a new contract, new phone, and still grandfathered...

Nope. Most of my family has the same deal. Even if they trade up on the phones, they get to keep renewing the old unlimited plan. Lucky bastards indeed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Best Verizon Smart Phone?