or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Antique Roadshow for Colored People?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Antique Roadshow for Colored People?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Is there such a show? I'm sick of seeing white people and their family jewels. happy.gif
post #2 of 10
worship.gif
post #3 of 10
Yeah, it's kind of odd that blacks don't have more 19th century family heirlooms they'd like to have appraised. It's almost as if they weren't allowed to own anything back then.
post #4 of 10
As an avid watcher of American Pickers and Pawn Stars too, I can probably count on one hand the number of times anyone of color has been on selling something. Unfortunately, they're all on Hardcore Pawn trying to pawn their TV's for $20 frown.gif
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Yeah, it's kind of odd that blacks don't have more 19th century family heirlooms they'd like to have appraised. It's almost as if they weren't allowed to own anything back then.

Pantisocrat is from South Africa. He probably just doesn't understand the legacy of racism that pervades the United States.
post #6 of 10
If colored includes Asians then indeed there are amazing things to be found in South and SE Asia. Thing about Asian FOBs (and probably all FOBs) is they often don't emigrate w/ their household goods, thus few items to interest antiques roadshow producers and viewers in the States or UK. Asians also tend to favor new things.
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by curzon View Post

If Asians also tend to favor new things.

And you know because?
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat View Post

Is there such a show? I'm sick of seeing white people and their family jewels. happy.gif

Stay out of the bath houses and you should be fine.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

Pantisocrat is from South Africa. He probably just doesn't understand the legacy of racism that pervades the United States.

laugh.gif
post #10 of 10
We need a few more LA Riots and then we may have enough accumulation of goods to have such a show.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Antique Roadshow for Colored People?