or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Favorite YouTube videos: (i.e. the boredom corner)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favorite YouTube videos: (i.e. the boredom corner) - Page 2

post #16 of 679
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirk
Heard about this for years, so it's cool to finally see how it's done.

I really want to go to Tokyo and cram salarymen into subway cars for a living. Do I need to speak Japanese to do that? I hope not.
post #17 of 679
Oh man, I'm officially in love with Natalie Imbruglia after this.
post #18 of 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldboy
This clip just blows my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2ygFn-yR8
that is just sick!
post #19 of 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldboy
This clip just blows my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2ygFn-yR8
And to think most of them are running one front brake or no brakes with a fixed gear. I used to do a much tamer version of that in downtown Toronto and it can be a lot of fun, until you get doored...

A
post #20 of 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I really want to go to Tokyo and cram salarymen into subway cars for a living. Do I need to speak Japanese to do that? I hope not.

I think you need a placard proclaiming that you are the "honourable pusher" on your lapel.

koji
post #21 of 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Less structured, and a little too long, but basically a dude riding a bike around Kabukicho (my hood) at 4:30 on a sunday morning, checking out all the low-ranking Yakuza standing around and being non-menacing.
J showed me something like this a while back, a dude racing around Tokyo on a motorbike. Cant find it now. Ive always wanted to mount a camera on my bike and show Saigon traffic to Youtube. Every bit as insane. One of these days Ill get around to it....
post #22 of 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homme

Man, that is just too funny.
post #23 of 679
Just found this link over on the engrish.com forum. A Finnish band with some great engrish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg5_mlQOsUQ
post #24 of 679
post #25 of 679
Nickleback spoof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwfm6...elated&search=
post #26 of 679
A cool demo of a multi-touch gestural user interface (especially appropriate given the iPhone's recent intro):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLhMVNdplJc

And continuing with the TS's Japanese theme, one of the most amazing hip-hop performances I've seen, combining hip-hop dance and mime, from a Japanese dancer, no less:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVzDhsCyI0M

--Andre
post #27 of 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OevsN1-bUd8

A 13 year old girl playing the Ernst transcription of Schubert's "Erlkonig". It's probably in the top 10 hardest pieces for the violin, or any instrument for that matter. Technically this girl is insane... there's no dynamic contrast or nuance, or any musicality to speak of, but it is pretty in tune and accurate for someone that age. I've watched this like 4 times since finding out about it.

This girl is two years younger, and much of what Paganini wrote is also in the top 10 hardest pieces for the violin. However this girl is quite musical! Amazing... now we need to find a 9 year old girl playing Ernst's "Last Rose of Summer".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLWjv...elated&search=
post #28 of 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
This girl is two years younger, and much of what Paganini wrote is also in the top 10 hardest pieces for the violin. However this girl is quite musical! Amazing... now we need to find a 9 year old girl playing Ernst's "Last Rose of Summer".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLWjv...elated&search=

Depends on who you talk to. There's stuff that's much harder than most Paganini. La Campanella isn't one of his more tricky pieces. Erlkonig is considerably harder than this. If you get a video of an 11 year old playing his Il Palpiti, Nel Cor or maybe Le Streghe, it would be impressive. And there definately are kids playing this rep at even younger than 9. Sarah Chang played Bartok 2 when she was 8, which is harder than hell.

Thanks for the video.
post #29 of 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
A cool demo of a multi-touch gestural user interface (especially appropriate given the iPhone's recent intro):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLhMVNdplJc

And continuing with the TS's Japanese theme, one of the most amazing hip-hop performances I've seen, combining hip-hop dance and mime, from a Japanese dancer, no less:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVzDhsCyI0M

--Andre

That's some unbelievable dancing by that Japanese guy. I just saw the part where he "falls"... I didn't even think that was possible.
post #30 of 679
Some of my favs Mr T Sings Treat your Mother right http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U53XWlGK4hY Sidewalk art of Julien Beever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyPhCO3LrtQ Stephen Colbert Explains AT&T and Cingular http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj1Mtv9cD0I Worst Music Video Dancing EVER http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62188397291938
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Favorite YouTube videos: (i.e. the boredom corner)