or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale? - Page 26

post #376 of 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffatt View Post

Can we get a list of kind founding members willing to proxy? Include your fees as well.


this seriously!
post #377 of 596
I'm a founding member and have always been included in previous founding member sales, but I have gotten no word about one now. Is there one going on currently??
post #378 of 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post

this seriously!

If it is anywhere except for B&S (I will allow a link from the official sales thread, no additional info discussed there please), someone will get dinged with a fine, unless they are proxying for free.
post #379 of 596
Founding member here. No word on sale yet
post #380 of 596
Those of you that live in New York - do you pay tax on Mr. Porter orders? I ask because I know they do local delivery.
post #381 of 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Founding member here. No word on sale yet

I'ma hit you up bro
post #382 of 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by tween_spirit View Post

Those of you that live in New York - do you pay tax on Mr. Porter orders? I ask because I know they do local delivery.

New Yorkers do pay tax on MrP orders.
post #383 of 596
I thought they had to have a physical store in the state to be able to charge tax. No?
post #384 of 596

^ Nope. Even if they just had offices in New York they'd have to charge state taxes. Anywhere from which they do business.

post #385 of 596
Thread Starter 
^ you're correct. Mr.P charges by tax because they have some other physical presence like an office or warehouse. Mr.P offers same delivery service for NYC residents -presumably out of NYC warehouse-which is what requires them to collect a sales tax
post #386 of 596
Thanks guys, might as well just get what I wanted at B.G. then.
post #387 of 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ you're correct. Mr.P charges by tax because they have some other physical presence like an office or warehouse. Mr.P offers same delivery service for NYC residents -presumably out of NYC warehouse-which is what requires them to collect a sales tax
Mr. Porter has an office in NYC their warehouse is in NJ. Offering delivery service is not the reason they charge tax.
post #388 of 596
Thread Starter 
Offering delivery services may be enough "nexus" but that's not the point I was making. My point was centered on physical location like an office or warehouse. I thought warehouse was in NYC but I was wrong. Instead, the nyc office is why they charge ny sales tax. I just hope they don't expand to cali
post #389 of 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Offering delivery services may be enough "nexus" but that's not the point I was making. My point was centered on physical location like an office or warehouse. I thought warehouse was in NYC but I was wrong. Instead, the nyc office is why they charge ny sales tax. I just hope they don't expand to cali
lol so far even net-a-porter don't have an office in Cali.
post #390 of 596
porter sale is up only 30% off
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?