or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale? - Page 23

post #331 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post

I see it being mainly there for "last minute shoppers". Someone who has a get together to go to or a trip they didn't fully pack for while they are still stuck in the office. Place an order on Mr.Porter while at your desk and get the product in only a few hours. Show up at party, make profit.
Working retail I run into many people who are shopping for an event that night. I hate being in that predicament but it is good for the store as customers are bound to settle much more.

This. I've run into occasions where I've had to settle for something not exactly what I wanted, but I needed it that day for an event so I was stuck shopping at local shops. Things come up in real life, and some people may need stuff delivered same day. If you live in NYC and don't see your own need to use it, that's fine. I'd rather a store have more options to cater for customers, than less options.... Especially since the majority of MrP pricing is competetive (at least for the brands I shop for there).
post #332 of 603
Thread Starter 
foreign transaction fee musicboohoo[1].gif
post #333 of 603
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

foreign transaction fee musicboohoo[1].gif

x4 plain.gif
post #334 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post

I see it being mainly there for "last minute shoppers". Someone who has a get together to go to or a trip they didn't fully pack for while they are still stuck in the office. Place an order on Mr.Porter while at your desk and get the product in only a few hours. Show up at party, make profit.
Working retail I run into many people who are shopping for an event that night. I hate being in that predicament but it is good for the store as customers are bound to settle much more.

I used same-day once for delivery to my workplace, let's just say the experience was the opposite of 'discreet'... butbut.gif
post #335 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yoo View Post

I used same-day once for delivery to my workplace, let's just say the experience was the opposite of 'discreet'... butbut.gif

How long did the 'metrosexual' ribbing last for?
post #336 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yoo View Post

I used same-day once for delivery to my workplace, let's just say the experience was the opposite of 'discreet'... butbut.gif

Bet it showed up in an armored truck, and needed fingerprint verification instead of a signature.
post #337 of 603

This E-shop is by far the best out of the internet. Pacakiging is superb and shipping is fast and cheap (overseas). I'm speaking of Mr, Porter UK. CS is very good since they try to help you where they can. Often I get free shipping during sales if my package cannot be combined (my own fault since I get greedy during sales ). 

 

Mr Porter makes internet shopping a godsense!!

 

During restock I happily catched one band of outsiders double breasted blazer size 4 from last summer and suede baseball jacket size 3 :)

 

Pics:

boo1.pngboo2.png

 

Edited by dijor - 1/29/12 at 2:22pm
post #338 of 603

I ordered this Paul Smith Camel Coat in a size 40.  I was hoping it would run a bit small as I am a true 38.  It runs true to size. 

 

Will send it back soon, but let me know if anyone wants it, will let it go for cost.

 

http://www.mrporter.com/product/303943

post #339 of 603
post #340 of 603
Thread Starter 
^ bounce2.gif

i want to eat lunch in a meeting pod preferably with a hot bish dressed in skirt and cropped blazer. yes
post #341 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Hey look! Mr. Porter's office: http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2012/01/31/acl-field-trip-mr-porters-office/

This is very good office. bright, modern, well organized, clean, consider they are just a online retailer. I feel like their employees are treated well.

I wonder how their US office look like.
post #342 of 603
I thought porter was still owned by the founder it turns out I'm wrong.

Now porter is owned by Richemont Group. Richemont is big at watch and Jewelry. Wow they have Porter. Wow.
post #343 of 603
Does Mr. Porter have sales often? I wonder when the next one will be...
post #344 of 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennavate View Post

Does Mr. Porter have sales often? I wonder when the next one will be...

They've only been open a year, last year's model was summer and winter sale
post #345 of 603
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

They've only been open a year, last year's model was summer and winter sale

what a sale that was. I think the final damage was $4k
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?