or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Prometheus (Ridley Scott's Alien "Prequel" )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Prometheus (Ridley Scott's Alien "Prequel" ) - Page 4

post #46 of 689
Alien Resurrection, Predators, AvP, and Aliens are the strongest ones. P2 definitely has its moments. AvP 2 and the rest need to be forgotten.
post #47 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Alien Resurrection, Predators, AvP, and Aliens are the strongest ones. P2 definitely has its moments. AvP 2 and the rest need to be forgotten.

Predators??? The one with Adrian Brody...?

And AvP over the original Alien....? AvP shouldn't be on that list of yours.
post #48 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

I liked Predator. I loved Predator 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Seems like we are in a minority, but I really enjoyed Predator 2 too. Film gets a lot of hate for some reason.

You guys are definitely in the minority here...that was an awful film.
post #49 of 689
Agree, Neo is NUTS for liking AvP and AR, but hey, I did think Predator 2 was a great movie. *shrug. I liked it better than the first Predator even, which was also pretty great.

Sad thing is, I remember seeing the end of P2 for the first time when I was lil, where you see the Alien skulli n the ship. I remember thinking...HOW BADASS WOULD IT BE IF THEY MADE AN ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR MOVIE?!

Be careful what you wish for.
post #50 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Agree, Neo is NUTS for liking AvP and AR, but hey, I did think Predator 2 was a great movie. *shrug. I liked it better than the first Predator even, which was also pretty great.
Sad thing is, I remember seeing the end of P2 for the first time when I was lil, where you see the Alien skulli n the ship. I remember thinking...HOW BADASS WOULD IT BE IF THEY MADE AN ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR MOVIE?!
Be careful what you wish for.

Hahaha exactly! Thought a very similar thing when I saw that scene as well.

And I believe they made a PC game that was Aliens vs Predator shoot-em up before the movie was ever made. The idea of the two duking it out is awesome, but their delivery fell waaaaay short. Hate they made the female lead in AvP a Ripley type heroine, on a lesser badass scale.
post #51 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Predators??? The one with Adrian Brody...?

That's the one. It also had Danny Trejo and Laurence Fishburne.
post #52 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Agree, Neo is NUTS for liking AvP and AR, but hey, I did think Predator 2 was a great movie. *shrug. I liked it better than the first Predator even, which was also pretty great.
Sad thing is, I remember seeing the end of P2 for the first time when I was lil, where you see the Alien skulli n the ship. I remember thinking...HOW BADASS WOULD IT BE IF THEY MADE AN ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR MOVIE?!

Be careful what you wish for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Hahaha exactly! Thought a very similar thing when I saw that scene as well.

And I believe they made a PC game that was Aliens vs Predator shoot-em up before the movie was ever made. The idea of the two duking it out is awesome, but their delivery fell waaaaay short. Hate they made the female lead in AvP a Ripley type heroine, on a lesser badass scale.

Did you guys ever read the original AvP graphic novel? It came out YEARS before the film and was fairly bad-ass. They took a couple idea for the film from it, but they were two different stories. If you get a chance track it down.
post #53 of 689
Not a big fan of comics or graphic novels, unless by Jhonen Vasquez
post #54 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

I liked Predator. I loved Predator 2.
I am completely batshit about Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3.
I know Alien 3 gets a bad rap, but I thought it was a great film, and almost as strong as the first.
Aliens....eh, for an action movie it was good but it doesn't seem to fit the franchise. Still has it's charm though so I don't bash it.

I agree with this.

Also, fun fact - Bill Paxton is the only actor to have been killed by an Alien, a Predator, and a Terminator. He rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Did you guys ever read the original AvP graphic novel? It came out YEARS before the film and was fairly bad-ass. They took a couple idea for the film from it, but they were two different stories. If you get a chance track it down.

I read it, it was ok. The problem with the graphic novel and with the movie is that there were people in it. People are boring as shit. I want to see aliens and predators killing each other, not trying to pretend I care about characters that are interchangeable nothings.
post #55 of 689
I don't know how anyone could be enthusiastic about this, given the track record of prequels.
post #56 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

I don't know how anyone could be enthusiastic about this, given the track record of prequels.

eh...1. it's Ridley Scott

2. Star Trek managed a decent prequel, if you could call it that.

I'm hinging my hopes on those two items.
post #57 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I read it, it was ok. The problem with the graphic novel and with the movie is that there were people in it. People are boring as shit. I want to see aliens and predators killing each other, not trying to pretend I care about characters that are interchangeable nothings.

+1, if they really NEED human characters to anchor the audience, make sure they don't suck ass.
post #58 of 689
Sorry Javyn I couldn't read your post--it got caught in a CGI lens flare.
post #59 of 689
All one can really say at this point is that it's a pretty well-made trailer. It seems to have the fanboys all whipped up.
I'll have to wait and see.

Also,
I'm a proponent of using whether one prefers Alien or Aliens as a sort of litmus test for a person's taste in movies.
post #60 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo View Post

All one can really say at this point is that it's a pretty well-made trailer. It seems to have the fanboys all whipped up.

That is also what happened with The Phantom Menace. We'll see if this one turns out as bad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Prometheus (Ridley Scott's Alien "Prequel" )