or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Prometheus (Ridley Scott's Alien "Prequel" )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Prometheus (Ridley Scott's Alien "Prequel" ) - Page 11

post #151 of 689
Alien was on HBO last night. I thought I'd watch the first part again to re-acquaint myself with the Space Jockey part. I wound up watching the whole thing. That movie has held up quite well, I think.
post #152 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post

Alien was on HBO last night. I thought I'd watch the first part again to re-acquaint myself with the Space Jockey part. I wound up watching the whole thing. That movie has held up quite well, I think.

I re-watched it this weekend and completely agree.
post #153 of 689
post #154 of 689
Just got the Alien Trilogy on Bluray, directors cuts, etc etc.

I'm pretty embarrassed, been an Alien fan since I was a kid, and have never seen a director's cut of any of the films.

I'm really looking forward to the "Assembly Cut" of Alien 3. Apparently the director's vision was butchered at the last minute which is the excuse used to explain why the theatrical release sucked.

Being said, I loved Alien 3, thought it was almost as strong as the original Alien. I am looking forward to the 2 hour 30 minute director's cut.

I still don't get why people dog Alien 3 but then turn around and try and tell me Alien 4 or Alien v. Predator was actually good. WTF?!
post #155 of 689
alien 3 sucked lol
post #156 of 689
Alien 4 sucked as did A v P. Alien 3 had its moments, but the first two were far superior films in almost every regard.

Have not seen the director cut of Alien 3. My understand is it makes for a better, but not by much, film.
post #157 of 689
Yea I have never met anybody that liked Alien Resurrection. The weird hybrid Alien at the end just looked freaking ridiculous with its weird a-cup tits and baby noises it made.
post #158 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

Yea I have never met anybody that liked Alien Resurrection. The weird hybrid Alien at the end just looked freaking ridiculous with its weird a-cup tits and baby noises it made.

I liked it for the most part, except for the hybrid alien and Winona Ryder.
post #159 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post


Great video! I love this stuff.
post #160 of 689
I'm always surprised by how well Alien has stood the test of time graphic wise. I think we've been cheapened in expectations by crappy CGI techniques. Solid sets just look better nearly every time. Watch Jurassic Park some time, it's a 90s movie with dinosaurs that look more realistic than most monsters on the big screen today.
post #161 of 689

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byZkbNB3Jw&feature=youtube_gdata_player


New international trailer. Be warned, lots of new footage in it. Kind of wish I had skipped this one...
Edited by Jr Mouse - 4/29/12 at 5:47pm
post #162 of 689
If I were allowed to watch only one movie in 2012. This is it.
post #163 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussel View Post

If I were allowed to watch only one movie in 2012. This is it.

It's really shaping up to be an amazing year for movies. Between this, Avengers and Batman. Not to mention Cabin in the Woods, which already got released.
post #164 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussel View Post

If I were allowed to watch only one movie in 2012. This is it.

It's really shaping up to be an amazing year for movies. Between this, Avengers and Batman. Not to mention Cabin in the Woods, which already got released.

Prediction: Prometheus will be a major disappointment. Not because it will be bad, but because it will fuck around with and change the Alien mythology in ways that will piss off the fanbois. Batman will be good, though not great, and again the fanbois will be disappoint. Avengers will suck rotten eggs. I don't think there are any Avengers fanbois, so that's cool.
post #165 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Prediction: Prometheus will be a major disappointment. Not because it will be bad, but because it will fuck around with and change the Alien mythology in ways that will piss off the fanbois. Batman will be good, though not great, and again the fanbois will be disappoint. Avengers will suck rotten eggs. I don't think there are any Avengers fanbois, so that's cool.

Prometheus: My understanding is the movie only touches on the actual xenomorphs we know and love and is really about expanding the universe he created. I don't think they are going to do anything that will directly fuck any established mythos up.

Batman: I have every reason to trust Nolan. He's record has been rock solid. Until that changes, my faith is with him that this will be another amazing film.

Avengers: Early buzz has been extremely positive from screenings so I will wager you will be wrong here too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Prometheus (Ridley Scott's Alien "Prequel" )