or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Samuelsohn vs Brioni
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samuelsohn vs Brioni - Page 5

post #61 of 78
From http://www.samuelsohn.com/trunk_shows.php


STATE CITY STORE DATE
CT Greenwich Richards 07-04-12
CT Westport Mitchells 31-03-12
MA Newton Centre Mr. Sid Inc. 17-03-12
NY Chappaqua Family Britches 24-03-12
post #62 of 78
I'll be damned. They just updated it from the beginning of the week. Thanks.
post #63 of 78
Any thoughts on the most recent cuts? From what I've seen they've did away with the Gable. Looks like the ones they have now are the Arno, Richard and Rugby.
post #64 of 78

Still waiting on the DC announcement...I ignored the Drake's sale today in anticipation ffffuuuu.gif

post #65 of 78
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Scoops View Post

Any thoughts on the most recent cuts? From what I've seen they've did away with the Gable. Looks like the ones they have now are the Arno, Richard and Rugby.

I have not seen the new cuts. I tried on the Gable at a local retailer a couple of weeks ago when I started this thread. Is the Arno the Gable "replacement." i.e. natural shoulder with a slimmer fit? How do the new models compare?
post #66 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbuff View Post

I have not seen the new cuts. I tried on the Gable at a local retailer a couple of weeks ago when I started this thread. Is the Arno the Gable "replacement." i.e. natural shoulder with a slimmer fit? How do the new models compare?

Arno is the class cut. I tried the slimmer cut (forgot the name), and had to size up, but it has a great silhouette. If I recall correctly, the slimmer cut has a 17.5' shoulder at 40R.
post #67 of 78

Samuelsohn overall just has a better fit in my opinion.

post #68 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by connor09 View Post

Samuelsohn overall just has a better fit in my opinion.

Do you guys see a lot of Samuelsohn across the pond?
post #69 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbuff View Post

I have not seen the new cuts. I tried on the Gable at a local retailer a couple of weeks ago when I started this thread. Is the Arno the Gable "replacement." i.e. natural shoulder with a slimmer fit? How do the new models compare?

It sounds like the Rugby is the new Gable. Although from the sales person I spoke to, it's even slimmer than the Gable.
post #70 of 78

Thought I share it with you guys. This is a good note on brioni & samuelsohn http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/2009/09/brioni-vs-samuelsohn-look-inside.html

post #71 of 78

stay with samuelsohns

post #72 of 78
How about a Samuelsohn fit pic? Anybody? I've yet to see one on SF. Curious as to the silhouette, as the mannequin ones don't look particularly appealing.
post #73 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike View Post

How about a Samuelsohn fit pic? Anybody? I've yet to see one on SF. Curious as to the silhouette, as the mannequin ones don't look particularly appealing.

Go check out the Paul Stuart website. Most of their suits are Samuelsohns. Granted, those are not typical of all Samuelsohn suits but they do show what you can expect in terms of finish and quality.
post #74 of 78
Tried on a new cut today - Geneva - I think it is distinct for sports jackets.

2 patch pockets, welt breast, no shoulder padding, half lined, very soft tailoring, trim body.

Really beautiful subdued yet patterned fabrics.

Gonna be picking up a navy herringbone jacket very shortly. Big winner here.
post #75 of 78

PSA for this Samuelsohn lovefest.  Michigan Avenue Nordstrom Rack had several Samuelsohn suits for $600.  Solid colors and various sizes, but a wool/cashmere mix that looked like a flannel suit.  Looked great and the fit was very nice.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Samuelsohn vs Brioni