or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How to clean out pores on nose?? Biore strips? any better options
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to clean out pores on nose?? Biore strips? any better options

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I have noticed some of the pores on my nose have a little brown to them (if I look close up to a mirror) not sure if it is dirt in them or they are just a little larger because they are nose pores... again they are only noticeable if within an inch of my nose so i am guessing I am the only one that can see them.

Still interested in getting rid of it. I know Biore strips are out there but I think I remember using them when I was younger and they didnt do shit...

Any options?
post #2 of 17
I've found that Biore strips are actually pretty effective. Give them another shot, there isn't much to lose.
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins_student View Post

I've found that Biore strips are actually pretty effective. Give them another shot, there isn't much to lose.

Thanks, I will pick some up and give em another try, like I said its been a long time, prob. 10 years so the memory is a little hazy
post #4 of 17
They'll probably come back afterwards anyway. You could also get extractions but again, it fills up again. In spite of any toning lotion claims, you can't shrink the size of the pore after you clean it.
post #5 of 17
Sometimes I squeeze it out with my fingers.
post #6 of 17
Biore nose strips work well but they come back eventually. Squeezing them with fingers is probably not a good idea.
post #7 of 17
It can take a combination of things on some people skin to keep pores clean.

Hold a hot wash cloth in the area for a while and the pores will expand. Then wash your face with a terry cloth towel and soap.

Using something like Clinique men's face scrub also works well to exfoliate the skin and to clean out some pores.

You may want to get a facial and see how they clean your pores. They will gently squeeze them, usually after applying a hot towel, to get ride or stubborn ones. They usually follow-up with some scrubbing.
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTionS View Post

Biore nose strips work well but they come back eventually. Squeezing them with fingers is probably not a good idea.

IT'S MY BODY, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloIDistance View Post

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Did you forget you are on a forum?
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloIDistance View Post

Sometimes I squeeze it out with my fingers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTionS View Post

Biore nose strips work well but they come back eventually. Squeezing them with fingers is probably not a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloIDistance View Post

IT'S MY BODY, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

I don't know why, but this is the funniest thing I've read all day.
post #11 of 17
I try wink.gif
post #12 of 17

Buy one of those metal blackhead scrubbers - $5-$6 from any Duane Reade / Walgreens.

post #13 of 17
find an esthetician or a dermatologist that can perform an Exolift. its basically a prescription strength Biore strip. they dab a special polymer on your cleaned skin - my esthetician likes to call it super glue. then they put a layer of tape on it, let it sit for 3 min and then slowly rip it off. it removes the first 3-4 layers of skin and even the little vellus hairs.

i feel like Biore strips only remove the top part of your black head. since the Exolift goes so deep it completely removes the whole thing. it's crazy all the cleaned out little empty pores it leaves on your nose. i'm hooked.
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbbjm View Post

find an esthetician or a dermatologist that can perform an Exolift. its basically a prescription strength Biore strip. they dab a special polymer on your cleaned skin - my esthetician likes to call it super glue. then they put a layer of tape on it, let it sit for 3 min and then slowly rip it off. it removes the first 3-4 layers of skin and even the little vellus hairs.
i feel like Biore strips only remove the top part of your black head. since the Exolift goes so deep it completely removes the whole thing. it's crazy all the cleaned out little empty pores it leaves on your nose. i'm hooked.

How much did that cost? What sort of care did they recommend to keep the pores clean? How often do you get it done?
post #15 of 17
-Use a face wash with BHA. It's oil soluble, so it will help clean your pores out. I prefer MenScience
-Exfoliate regularly
-Give yourself extractions(squeeze them out), but only on a Friday or sat since it makes your nose a little red the next day.
-Keep your skin well moisturized so it wont overcompensate by creating more oil
-Shower at night, as well as morning, like a civilized person.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How to clean out pores on nose?? Biore strips? any better options