or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread - Page 557

post #8341 of 10832

Can anyone please advise on how the fisherman sweater fits? TTS or size down? looks pretty big from the few photos above

post #8342 of 10832
If it's anything like the multi-knit sweater I would go TTS. The armholes are really high and I could feel them in my pits.
post #8343 of 10832
Lol a knit sweater that your armpit can feel

Geller still needs a real patternist
post #8344 of 10832
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibak View Post

Lol a knit sweater that your armpit can feel

Geller still needs a real patternist

He nails most of his jacket fits.....maybe he just needs help with the knits?
post #8345 of 10832
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDV View Post

Can anyone please advise on how the fisherman sweater fits? TTS or size down? looks pretty big from the few photos above

Usually a 48 in Geller...and I went with a small in the fisherman. Sleeves are long, other than that the fit is good for me. Did not have a chance to try on a medium, so cannot give comparison.
post #8346 of 10832
Geller patterns are still pretty weird all in all. Kinda like Rick.
post #8347 of 10832
Whats the quality like on RG leather? Not something i'd considered before tbh.
post #8348 of 10832
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Geller patterns are still pretty weird all in all. Kinda like Rick.

Maybe I'm bias because he nailed that Emil bomber pattern.
post #8349 of 10832
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurlwyde View Post

Maybe I'm bias because he nailed that Emil bomber pattern.

Yeah, the emil bomber and the vast majority of outerwear I've tried has been cut pretty well. Richard Jacket is usually pretty good too. I like the type 2 cut as far as the new denim. Sweaters mixed. For me the shirts are usually the weirdest, I've only ever found two Geller shirts where the cut worked well (at least for me).
post #8350 of 10832
A lot of the bombers and Richards had sleeves that were way long or bodies that were too cropped. Shirting hit or miss.
post #8351 of 10832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
 

Anyone who got, seen or tried on the James Varsity can speak about it?  

 

It looks sort of relaxed fit, and cropped and the wool looks possibly like it will pill a lot and not sure about the ballistic nylon material.  

I'm curious about it as well. It was one of the pieces I was on the fence on from the show - looked great but also too short. Measurements make it look tts and if it's like most of RG's outwear there shouldn't be much lining/padding, but it still looks short in the body and sleeves in most shots, although it looks really good in the Meyvn photos.

 

I also want a pair of the suede strap derbies. I think @melonadejello has a pair? Is the strap completely removable or does it have a habit of slipping under your foot?

post #8352 of 10832
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

I also want a pair of the suede strap derbies. I think @melonadejello
 has a pair? Is the strap completely removable or does it have a habit of slipping under your foot?

It's a regular shoe with an extra piece

post #8353 of 10832
Cool that's what I was hoping for. Thanks.
post #8354 of 10832
The leather look good, now I don't know which one to go for :/

With the success of the all in ones for this season (they all pretty much sold at retail) do you guys think buyers will have picked them up again for spring/summer? I can't find any in the runway stuff but I thought he did one in blue for this season that I was looking forward to. Unless this is blue and my color blindness is just messing me up.



There's so much good shit this season too. RG is like one of the few designers that really excels with his summer stuff.
post #8355 of 10832
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

The leather look good, now I don't know which one to go for :/

With the success of the all in ones for this season (they all pretty much sold at retail) do you guys think buyers will have picked them up again for spring/summer? I can't find any in the runway stuff but I thought he did one in blue for this season that I was looking forward to. Unless this is blue and my color blindness is just messing me up.

There's so much good shit this season too. RG is like one of the few designers that really excels with his summer stuff.

If it's any help, I think suede CPs always age better than leather
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread